Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Degree Help - Bachelor of Applied Science
Doing a competency-based degree entails writing. While WGU, in comparison, may offer a reduced writing load, it still requires that you commit to writing out your thoughts in a coherent and cogent manner. The rationale behind ditching multiple-choice/fill-in-the-blank exams is rooted in the institution's desire to evaluate your proficiency in various skills you said you have. They want to see your capability to plan effectively, gather and organize your thoughts, engage in critical reading, employ critical thinking, tackle problems systematically, cite relevant material, and communicate your ideas in a cohesive, well-written, well-thought-out and well executed written format. Writing places emphasis on a holistic demonstration of your intellectual and communicative abilities as opposed to memory retrieval. Heck, they even give you a rubric to follow, which is really part of testing your ability to follow instructions; same thing employers want. 

It seems like you didn't do adequate planning before starting UMPI. Can you get your money back? Maybe take a step back and look at TESU, SNHU, Excelsior, Charter Oaks?

There is no BS, I think you meant to say BLS with two minors.

Maybe slow down and consider your options more carefully.
As I mentioned in posts #3 and #7, it's best for Original Poster to provide more details. Without these details, it's going to be confusing for everyone. Until then, we're just going around in circles until we get more details from the OP. My suggestion is, decide on the degree, be it the BLS or BA, BABA, take the minors you want to go for, or the majors, or concentrations. Again, provide extra info as mentioned above, the more details the better we can assist you in solving your situation and providing you answers to the 3 questions you have in the original post...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi,
Thanks for your previous answer! I'm now interested in attending UMPI and would like to explore my options. Given my previous credits in computer information systems and digital marketing, I'm curious about the requirements for the UMPI Bachelor of Applied Science degree with minors in Management Information Systems and Political Science at the same time. I've seen several students mention completing this program, but UMPI's website doesn't seem to list it directly. Could you please confirm if this program exists and clarify the specific requirements? Additionally, does UMPI offer a recommended study plan for this combination of majors and minors?
Thank you!
Please review the links for UMPI on the WIKI, it has all the info/plans you need. Merging this thread so readers will get the 'full' picture as you're not providing any extra details, read your post, what details have you provided that is within the addendum and template asked for? If you don't give more details, it's going to be hard to provide you concrete answers...

Advice you need to follow: If you have read my posts or threads before, I mentioned the BAS can have one, two, or more minors, you just need to take the required classes in each minor, it's as simple as that! Help us help you by providing info that is asked for, otherwise, you're running around in circles asking the questions but not providing very important details...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Gen Ed Req colonelcamp 18 596 Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
Star Degree Planning - Help with Choosing UL POS classes Marlin9276 2 158 05-19-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Marlin9276
  How is grading done at umpi? Sarajane 2 295 05-18-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does UMPI accept transcript report from ACEI? lucillegyl 5 542 05-18-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI CBE Bachelor program. Sum007@ 7 420 05-18-2024, 05:40 PM
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 7 351 05-18-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI Requesting Resume & HS Transcript SophiaPrincess 13 716 05-17-2024, 10:45 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Help, UMPI Transcript Evaluation Errors SophiaPrincess 5 225 05-17-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Political Science Minor Ebroady23 9 777 05-16-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Degree Completion Help SantaMaria 15 1,556 05-14-2024, 05:04 PM