Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI BS in liberal arts with a minor in management
If you want an alternative, you can always search the website for similar programs at a comparable price point: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Admissions/Law-...aw-Schools
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-01-2021, 04:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 04:08 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: How much have you researched Northwestern California University? It looks super shady IMO. The price is pretty nice for a JD in the US though... You could also look at an LLB from the UK, for example, The Open University or The University of Law (They have conversion courses, 1-2 years). Not sure about the exact requirements, but some states accept it. Some US schools may let you transfer into a JD program too, so you could skip at least 1 year. The University of Arizona is an example. I think you should do some serious research before you commit to a non-ABA accredited program.

The ABA does not accredit online law schools. In Cali, you can take the bar and become a licensed attorney by attending an online law school. It's the only state with this policy.

Just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean you should... It's still several years in school.
(08-01-2021, 05:00 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 04:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 04:08 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: How much have you researched Northwestern California University? It looks super shady IMO. The price is pretty nice for a JD in the US though... You could also look at an LLB from the UK, for example, The Open University or The University of Law (They have conversion courses, 1-2 years). Not sure about the exact requirements, but some states accept it. Some US schools may let you transfer into a JD program too, so you could skip at least 1 year. The University of Arizona is an example. I think you should do some serious research before you commit to a non-ABA accredited program.

The ABA does not accredit online law schools. In Cali, you can take the bar and become a licensed attorney by attending an online law school. It's the only state with this policy.

Just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean you should... It's still several years in school.

Cali has a lot of policies that are drastically different from the rest of the nation. They have many unique ways to become a lawyer. Will an LLB from the UK allow you to be eligible to sit for the Bar in Cali? Will it allow you to become licensed? 2 years there is still several years in school.

The school is legit and it is accredited . i called the the state bar of California and they have confirmed that.
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
(08-01-2021, 01:11 PM)ss20ts Wrote: There's no way around it, you'll need math courses as they are GEC (general education requirement) at UMPI. You also have to complete a few English courses for UMPI. About 75% of UMPI's Final Assessments are written papers. If you're uncomfortable writing, then that would be a big problem at UMPI and in law school. Both have a great deal of writing. This is something you'll have to figure out how to work with.

Here's what I suggest you take and where:

InstantCert
American Government

Study.com
Biology 101L Intro to Biology with Lab - MUST be the science with lab course

You get 2 exams in the $200 monthly fee so if you can complete 2 courses in a month, then I would take a second course from these options:
Business 302
Business 304
Business 306
Business 312

But only 1 extra course as you need to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI and the majority of the UL courses must be completed at UMPI as well.

Sophia
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Introduction to Statistics
Approaches to Studying Religions
Project Management

I would NOT take anymore English courses on Sophia. They're shorter, faster, and easier at UMPI. You have 1 paper at UMPI verses 6-7 in English Comp II on Sophia.

I just noticed that InstantCert added some new courses like 

Business Ethicsfinancial Accounting,introduction to Entrepreneurship and Managerial Accounting . do you think that i could benefit from them and use the credits towards the degree that i want? New
(08-01-2021, 07:18 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I just noticed that InstantCert added some new courses like 

Business Ethicsfinancial Accounting,introduction to Entrepreneurship and Managerial Accounting . do you think that i could benefit from them and use the credits towards the degree that i want? New

You don't need any of these for the BLS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Federicojavier
(08-01-2021, 08:47 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 07:18 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I just noticed that InstantCert added some new courses like 

You don't need any of these for the BLS.
Great. thank you
(08-01-2021, 01:11 PM)ss20ts Wrote: There's no way around it, you'll need math courses as they are GEC (general education requirement) at UMPI. You also have to complete a few English courses for UMPI. About 75% of UMPI's Final Assessments are written papers. If you're uncomfortable writing, then that would be a big problem at UMPI and in law school. Both have a great deal of writing. This is something you'll have to figure out how to work with.

Here's what I suggest you take and where:

InstantCert
American Government

Study.com
Biology 101L Intro to Biology with Lab - MUST be the science with lab course

You get 2 exams in the $200 monthly fee so if you can complete 2 courses in a month, then I would take a second course from these options:
Business 302
Business 304
Business 306
Business 312

But only 1 extra course as you need to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI and the majority of the UL courses must be completed at UMPI as well.

Sophia
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Introduction to Statistics
Approaches to Studying Religions
Project Management

I would NOT take anymore English courses on Sophia. They're shorter, faster, and easier at UMPI. You have 1 paper at UMPI verses 6-7 in English Comp II on Sophia.
I just wanted to thank you one more time for taking the time to explain in detail what courses to take and where to take them. I really appreciated .I followed your advice and I received confirmation of enrollment from UMPI today, So I am officially an owl. I will be starting August 30. Hopefully I can finish all the courses before that day so i can transfer the 90 credits and concentrate in their courses only.  I just completed all my Sophia courses and started American gov. at IC. All i have left (I think) is to do the biology with lab and business courses that you recommended at Study.com. 
I have a question for you about the biology course. You recommended bio 101 with lab but i was checking ashkir's transcripts and he did bio 105 with lab , so which one should i take ? Does it matter?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • ss20ts
Bio 101L is at Study.com. Ashkir took Bio 105 from UMPI itself and he is the reason why we recommend SDC's course now. Wink
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-10-2021, 01:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Bio 101L is at Study.com. Ashkir took Bio 105 from UMPI itself and he is the reason why we recommend SDC's course now. Wink

Thank you for clarifying rachel83az. I have been following ashkir for a while , I am 2 following his steps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 6 217 4 hours ago
Last Post: Patchouli_Skoal
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,681 Yesterday, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 96,736 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  Majoring in hospitality, tourism, or event management—any advice? lumina 11 343 10-13-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Easiest Business Minor Samhain408 16 735 10-13-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BUS 325 - Financial Management on Brightspace MikeyJeff 11 1,896 10-11-2024, 12:43 PM
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,207 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 7 460 10-07-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 425 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,270 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM