Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest Business Minor
As I’m getting ready to start Fall I, I’ve chosen to pursue a BLS major. I’ve also completed several Coursera certifications (Google Project Management, Google UX Design, Google IT, Google Data Analytics, Google Business Intelligence, IBM Data Analyst, IBM Data Analysis and Visualization, and Real World Cloud Product Management, which have helped me fulfill most of the requirements for a Management Information Systems (MIS) minor.

Now, I’m thinking about adding two more business-oriented minors to aim for a triple minor. I’d love to know which ones are relatively easy to complete,. I have transferred in all the credits I need except for residency and whatever I’ll need to wrap up these minors.

Would really appreciate any recommendations!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Samhain408's post:
  • lynnii2
Congrats on getting thus far... my suggestion is to do the 3 minors I usually mention... PM, MIS, Management and you're good to go...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • DavidGood, Hackingat40
(10-05-2024, 01:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats on getting thus far... my suggestion is to do the 3 minors I usually mention... PM, MIS, Management and you're good to go...

Thanks those are the 3 I was thinking.ni was debating between management and business administration
If you do those 3 majors bjcheung77 recommended, then you should only have to take a total of 10 courses at UMPI to get all those minors, considering you took business communication or business law at Sophia.

Double-check what comes in with your certs:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

And what requirements there are for each minor:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UMPI_!Minors
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • DavidGood, lynnii2
(10-06-2024, 10:43 AM)LevelUP Wrote: If you do those 3 majors bjcheung77 recommended, then you should only have to take a total of  10 courses at UMPI to get all those minors, considering you took business communication or business law at Sophia.

Double-check what comes in with your certs:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

And what requirements there are for each minor:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UMPI_!Minors

Not necessarily. Only 90 transfer credits will be applied to a degree. With 3 minors sometimes a student exceeds the 120 credits required for the degree and still only 90 transfer credits will be applied. 

I completed 3 minors with my BLS and exceeds 120 credits.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • DavidGood, lynnii2
I am currently Starting on the same route myself! I went with BJs suggestion for the triple minor. I transferred everything I had in which was 180 credits and After the triple BAS I will graduate with 210 credits and 3 of the MAOL classes completed. Feel free to friend me if you want a buddy to work with during this process I would love to have a few people to discuss our classes with. Congrats on working towards a degree!
(10-07-2024, 01:45 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: I am currently Starting on the same route myself! I went with BJs suggestion for the triple minor. I transferred everything I had in which was 180 credits and After the triple BAS I will graduate with 210 credits and 3 of the MAOL classes completed. Feel free to friend me if you want a buddy to work with during this process I would love to have a few people to discuss our classes with. Congrats on working towards a degree!
For sure. I sent you a request. I came into this with 12 credits Sept 1st and between Coursera and Sophia I should be at 145 by next week once my touchstones for Business law, Workplace Writing II and Spanish I are graded. Next stop BLS!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Samhain408's post:
  • lynnii2
Pretty straightforward, you need to do at least 10 classes with UMPI. You can decide which 10 remaining classes those are, you can transfer more classes in to meet requirements. If I was in your shoes, I would do more Sophia.org and Study.com, plus use the 10 classes for classes that can't be transferred in, and/or do the 4 classes that go towards the MAOL. So, 6 classes for BA, 4 classes for MAOL (even though 3 can be transferred into the MAOL).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lynnii2
Were you able to complete the IBM certificates before they expired. I know one has expired and is no longer receiving ACE credit. Hopefully, they extend the ACE accreditation for the certificate.
(10-09-2024, 08:21 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Were you able to complete the IBM certificates before they expired. I know one has expired and is no longer receiving ACE credit. Hopefully, they extend the ACE accreditation for the certificate.
Yes I was. I completed the Data Analyst and the Data Visualization Certs before they expired.  I'm glad I did it has reduced the number of classes I need to take.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Am I allowed to choose any minor(s) for the BLS? 875876 3 342 09-15-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 472 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 894 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Adding a Minor to Business Administration Major Mrbarbz 8 586 07-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbarbz
  Job seeking with bls with management and project management minor bvndz 11 1,889 07-09-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  MAT 140 Mathematics for Business HappyPeanut 8 795 07-07-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: ishady
  Advisor Assigned & Minor Questions colonelcamp 13 866 07-02-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  PCJ 215 Business Communication Mom5 35 5,096 06-28-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 10 1,618 06-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  BABA Not Business Accredited klone 8 1,576 06-19-2024, 06:20 PM