Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BAS w/ Management Minor
Good afternoon, everyone. This is my first post but I've been lurking around here for quite a while. For a quick rundown, I completed a traditional online AAS in Criminal Justice in 2022. For two months earlier this year, I completed 29 courses via Sophia. It was during this time that I learned about college hacking. I was doing it before I knew what I was actually doing. Anyway, after much consideration, I have decided to pursue a BAS with a management minor through UMPI YourPace. I have attached my course requirements as provided by UMPI. I would appreciate any feedback as to what to expect or anything I should expect for the courses required. 

Anxiously Optimistic,
Daniel

Attached Files
.pdf   BAS Management.pdf (Size: 90.47 KB / Downloads: 66)
Exactly what I mentioned here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid400527
You have enough UL to get a second minor, if you wanted, you can do the triple minor I have just linked you...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-12-2023, 04:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Exactly what I mentioned here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid400527
You have enough UL to get a second minor, if you wanted, you can do the triple minor I have just linked you...

If I understand my evaluation and your recommendation correctly, it should apply as follows: 

I'll have to complete the following for the Management minor:
Bus 141 Intro to Project Management w/ Microsoft Projects
Bus 260 Leadership
Bus 321 Human Resource Management
Bus 415 Operations Management
** Replace Bus 350 Business Law I with Bus 240 Change Management and add Bus 350 to my 300/400 UL Electives

For the Management minor, I will take:
BUS 350: Business Law I - COMPLETE
BUS 440: Business Analytics
BUS 343: Project Risk & Cost Management
BUS 400: Project Management Applications

For an additional PM minor, I will only need to take:
BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II

Additionally, if I want to add the MIS minor, I will just need the 4 courses below: 
BUS 200: Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 244: Management Information Systems
BUS 245: Programming for Managers
BUS 345: Database Management Systems

Is all of that correct?
That is a lot of courses and really a waste with the BAS. You might as well do the BABA with Project Management/Information Systems Concentration. You're looking at least 2 if not 3 sessions with that many courses - possibly 4 sessions. The move to Brightspace has really slowed the pace of courses down.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • allvia, origamishuttle
Depending on the energy, time factor you have and your commitments, get the max transfer of credits... You may want to work on the trifecta, get your certs, degree, experience. You can complete the Coursera Plus/TADA or Sophia.org, Study.com options that get ACE credit for UMPI in place of courses, see WIKI plans for those offerings: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

Eng 121 Information Literacy
ENG 211 Creative Writing
Bus 260 Leadership - Study.com, two options to select from as per WIKI
Bus 321 Human Resource Management
Bus 415 Operations Management
Bus 240 Change Management - Study.com Business 304: Leading Organizational Change

BUS 345: Database Management Systems
BUS 440: Business Analytics
BUS 343: Project Risk & Cost Management
BUS 400: Project Management Applications - Google Project Mgt Certificate
BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II

BUS 200: Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 244: Management Information Systems - Study.com Business 303: Management Information Systems
BUS 245: Programming for Managers - Google Data Analytics Certificate

I would recommend only doing the management and project management minors. It's less classes, which means less time and money.
Two classes for the GEC requirement:
ENG 121 Information Literacy & ENG 211 Creative Writing or ART 108

Four classes for the Management Minor:
BUS 260 Leadership, BUS 321 Human Resources, BUS 415 Operations Management & BUS 240 Change Management

Three classes for the Project Management Minor:
BUS 343 Project Risk & Cost Management, BUS 400 Project Management Applications & BUS 401 Advanced Project Management Applications 

One class for elective: which can be anything. For a total of 10 classes, which can be done in 2 sessions.

BUS 350 Business law, and the three classes for the project management minor will count as the four required 300/400 level classes.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoliJoli's post:
  • allvia, dcarson5212
(09-12-2023, 08:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote: That is a lot of courses and really a waste with the BAS. You might as well do the BABA with Project Management/Information Systems Concentration. You're looking at least 2 if not 3 sessions with that many courses - possibly 4 sessions. The move to Brightspace has really slowed the pace of courses down.

Would u consider bls management minor a business degree?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
RoliJoli Wrote:I would recommend only doing the management and project management minors. It's less classes, which means less time and money.
Two classes for the GEC requirement:
ENG 121 Information Literacy & ENG 211 Creative Writing or ART 108

Four classes for the Management Minor:
BUS 260 Leadership, BUS 321 Human Resources, BUS 415 Operations Management & BUS 240 Change Management

Three classes for the Project Management Minor:
BUS 343 Project Risk & Cost Management, BUS 400 Project Management Applications & BUS 401 Advanced Project Management Applications 

One class for elective: which can be anything. For a total of 10 classes, which can be done in 2 sessions.

BUS 350 Business law, and the three classes for the project management minor will count as the four required 300/400 level classes.

That's what I meant in post #2, I would suggest the same if they're strapped for time, it really depends as the OP didn't complete the addendum or template, it doesn't paint a full picture. Moreover, my post #5 indicates 9 courses for UMPI where OP can take an extra class of their liking and taking Coursera/TADA, Study.com classes instead of taking them at UMPI. Again, depending on their commitments, study habits, I think the trifecta of certs, degree, experience would provide better ROI/Value.

bvndz Wrote:Would u consider bls management minor a business degree?

Not many will (if any), as it's a liberal studies degree with a business management minor.

(09-13-2023, 10:09 PM)bvndz Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 08:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote: That is a lot of courses and really a waste with the BAS. You might as well do the BABA with Project Management/Information Systems Concentration. You're looking at least 2 if not 3 sessions with that many courses - possibly 4 sessions. The move to Brightspace has really slowed the pace of courses down.

Would u consider bls management minor a business degree?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

No. The BLS is a Bachelor of Liberal Studies. It's NOT a business degree. It's a liberal studies (aka liberal arts) degree. Doesn't matter what the minor is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
I think part of the confusion is coming from reading posts where the student has come to the forum in search of a Business degree and then gets steered towards a BAS/BLS with a concentration in Management/PM/MIS because it's "easier" or "faster" than a BABA. It may or may not be easier/faster, but it's definitely not a business degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 810 1 hour ago
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 91,480 4 hours ago
Last Post: psychcs
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 640 Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 4 448 Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Am I allowed to choose any minor(s) for the BLS? 875876 3 160 09-15-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 696 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 223 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 216 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,543 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  How to send Duolingo results to UMPI Solden81 4 293 09-12-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77