Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BA in Business Admin Marketing
Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my post!  I've been slowly researching different college options for myself while my wife went successfully went through WGU and it seems there's been some big changes to TESU's credit requirements since I last looked. Now that I've seen this I'm kicking the idea of UMPI around, more specifically the BA in Business Administration Marketing Concentration, but I'm not seeing any degree plans for it and have no clue where to even begin. If anyone can help me out with putting a degree plan together it would be greatly appreciated. I'd be starting out as a new student going back to college and this seems like it could be the best option at doing it without taking on huge amounts of debt. Thank you for reading and possibly helping.
Since this is a new program and the marketing concentration courses have not been offered before, it’s hard to speak to those purses or what might transfer in, but you can get general education and information and information for the business administration major. If you post information about prior coursework (if any, not sure what exactly you mean about being a new college student), it would be useful in assisting you.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
You're in good shape if you start with Sophia.org and get the general education requirements and electives completed first while waiting for the final confirmation of the concentration course requirements. In fact, complete as much as possible before you even apply. You need to take at least a couple courses outside of Sophia.org, such as Instant Cert Credit American Government and their Spanish I. In addition to that, you should take a lab science from Study.com, so it can be Bio with virtual lab or Chem with virtual lab, take your pick - I think Bio's the recommended one. I would check out the current thread for a BA at UMPI for $3222 and change the "concentration" requirements when it comes time to take them...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-26-2021, 06:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You're in good shape if you start with Sophia.org and get the general education requirements and electives completed first while waiting for the final confirmation of the concentration course requirements.  In fact, complete as much as possible before you even apply.  You need to take at least a couple courses outside of Sophia.org, such as Instant Cert Credit American Government and their Spanish I.  In addition to that, you should take a lab science from Study.com, so it can be Bio with virtual lab or Chem with virtual lab, take your pick - I think Bio's the recommended one.  I would check out the current thread for a BA at UMPI for $3222 and change the "concentration" requirements when it comes time to take them...
This might sound dumb but how do I tell what counts as general ed on Sophia? And how do I learn how to change the concentration requirements? This part is super new to me because previously there were degree plans I figured I'd follow. I'll be sure to put the Study.com and InstantCert on my list. Thank you again for the help, I'm just trying to make a master list of what I need to do so I can cross it off as I go but getting started in the right direction seems to be my struggle currently.
This is the thread that bjcheung77 mentioned: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

BA Marketing and BA Management should be nearly identical as far as classes to take outside of UMPI. The only difference, so far as I can tell, would be to skip Business 307 at Study.com. I'm not sure what, if any, SDC marketing course that you could take as a substitute. You could do Spanish at SDC and then take just American Government and Managerial Accounting from InstantCert.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-26-2021, 06:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This is the thread that bjcheung77 mentioned: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

BA Marketing and BA Management should be nearly identical as far as classes to take outside of UMPI. The only difference, so far as I can tell, would be to skip Business 307 at Study.com. I'm not sure what, if any, SDC marketing course that you could take as a substitute. You could do Spanish at SDC and then take just American Government and Managerial Accounting from InstantCert.

Spanish can be taken from InstantCert and there's no speaking. UMPI does accept this course from InstantCert, too.
(05-26-2021, 09:43 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 06:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This is the thread that bjcheung77 mentioned: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

Spanish can be taken from InstantCert and there's no speaking. UMPI does accept this course from InstantCert, too.

True. You get 2 exams at SDC if you pay for the month, though. You can totally just do the one biology class and it'll be worth it but I'm sure that some people would prefer to maximize their efficiency there.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-27-2021, 03:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 09:43 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

True. You get 2 exams at SDC if you pay for the month, though. You can totally just do the one biology class and it'll be worth it but I'm sure that some people would prefer to maximize their efficiency there.

Might be better to complete a UL course at Study though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 477 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 847 Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 91,644 Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Last Post: psychcs
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 686 09-17-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 707 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 232 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 227 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,572 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  How to send Duolingo results to UMPI Solden81 4 298 09-12-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 19 1,324 09-12-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent