Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuition Reimbursement for Clep Exams.
My job informed me they do not reimburse clep exams.

I was wondering how would i get reimbursed. Does the transcripts state it was a clep exam? Could someone help me out please?

thanks.
JimiT20 Wrote:My job informed me they do not reimburse clep exams.

I was wondering how would i get reimbursed. Does the transcripts state it was a clep exam? Could someone help me out please?

thanks.
>>

It will probably say "Credit" or similar. In other words, if you need a grade to get reimbursed, it won't provide one. Now, if you can have a pass/fail, you may be in luck.
For what it's worth, even without reimbursement, I would encourage you to do some CLEPs if your college takes them. I took 13 CLEPs and it was under $1000 (48 credits). I paid for mine using bits of extra money I earned here and there- it never came out of the family budget. That said, maybe a few hundred dollars from a tax refund would be well invested in your education! GOOD LUCK!!
I think that's pretty standard. My job is the same. I cannot be reimbursed for "fees" such as testing fees, enrollment fees, graduation fees or parking. I can be reimbursed for up to $5250 of tuition and books per year.

I thought it over and decided that I'd much rather pay $85-$90 per CLEP/DSST (including proctoring fee) out of pocket than take a class, whether I'm being reimbursed or not. I'd rather pay the $205 per ECE out of pocket than take a class as well. When it comes to Info Lit, Operations Management and Business Strategy; however, I will take the classes and get reimbursed. Each TECEP costs $450 not counting study materials (there's nothing on IC for Business Strategy). Plus I've heard from many here that TECEPs are a major pain to schedule/take.

Total estimated cost for me: $4200
Total estimated cost for my company: $2300
Any way you look at it, that's not bad for an accredited 4-year degree.
Chris
[SIZE="1"]120 credits, 3.60 GPA, B.S. General Business, Excelsior College to be conferred 6/20/08 Cool

CLEP Accounting-71, Humanities-70, Marketing-78, Macro-70, Sociology-66, HG&D-72, Management-77, American Gov't-63, Business Law-73, Edu Psych-67, Biology-71; DSST MIS-66, Statistics-78, Principles of Finance-66, Money & Banking-65, Health-65, Business Law II-69, Environment-68, HRM-70; ECE Ethics-A, Org Behavior-B, Info Lit-P, Labor Relations-C, Ops Mgt-A, Business Strategy-B[/SIZE]
I ran into the same red tape at my company. They would not reimburse "testing fees," even if they were for credit. I appealed it, took it all the way to the top, and was still denied. So I paid it out of pocket for the ten exams that completed my degree. One of the best investments I have ever made. Now I can work somewhere else! :p
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Thanks everybody for your responses. I'll do the same thing you guys did.
Same boat here hilarious

Just a few days ago, I sent a very long email to my HR Dept with links to the corporate pages of DSST and CLEP showing the benefits to both the company and the employee, as well as brochures companies can use to benefit the use of CLEP. I'm still waiting for a response. A few weeks ago I had initially asked about CLEP and my HR rep said it was normally not covered. I'm hoping she is taking her time to respond because she is getting more clarification. Or she is just waiting a few days to email back and say NO again. I also sent an app to VA about reimbursement. I'm not sure if I will qualify as I think I already tapped it out.

Joe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 481 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Save on tuition with Western Undergraduate Exchange wow 0 153 08-16-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 347 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 1,118 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,831 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 432 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,032 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 676 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77