Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to figure out what other classes I would need.
Hello everyone, I am new here and need a little help. I started off college as an accounting major then I switch to Health Information Technology-Medical Billing & Coding –Completed 2016. I then completed the Associate of Professional Studies in Business from Iowa Central Community College in 2020 and now looking to get my bachelor's in business administration-Project Management at either UMPI or SNHU. Leaning more towards UMPI.
I am trying to figure out what other general education credits/other classes I will need and take them at Sophia or Study.com before applying to either school. I would love to do this in 6 months if only time would allow. My current job will be paying up to $5000 tuition reimbursement per year. 
 Age-44
Location -New Jersey USA

Current Credits Listed in Order of Completion:   
  1. ACC 101-Principles of Financial Accounting 1   - 4 credits  
  1. ACC 102-Principles of Managerial Accounting 2 - 4 credits 
  1. ENG 101-College Composition 1 –3 credits   
  1. MTH 100- Intro to College Mathematics   -4 credits  
  1. ACC 211- Cost Accounting   -4 credits 
  1. ENG 102- College Composition II   -3 credit 
  1. BUS 101- Business organization & Management   -3 credit  
  1. CIS 135 –Micro Computers and Spreadsheets -3 credit 
  1. PSY 101- General Psychology 1 -3 credits  
  1. ECO 101- Principles of economics 1 – 3 credits  
  1. HLT 101-Healthful Living -3 credit
  1. HITC 105-Intro to Health Info Tech   -3 credit  
  1. HLTH 150-Medical Terminology –3 credit 
  1. CISY 102-Computer Literacy –3 credit 
  1. HIST 101-World Civilization 1 -3 credit  
  1. HLTH 101-Healthcare delivery system -2 credit  
  1. HLTH 109-Pharmacology -2 credit 
  1. HITC 152-Basic ICD Coding- 3 credit   
  1. HLTH 107-Pathophysiology –3 credit 
  1. HITC 154 Basic CPT Coding –3 credit  
  1. HITC 155-Reimbursement Methodologies –3 credit  
  1. HITC 156-Advance coding – 3 credit  
  1. HITC 290-Medical Coding Capstone- 2 credit  
  1. SDV 118-Online Experience –3 credit  
  1. PHI 101-Intro to Philosophy –3 credit  
  1. BUS 130-Intro to Entrepreneurship –3 credit  
  1. PHI 145- Intro to Ethical conflict –3 Credit  
  1. BIO 102- Intro to Biology –3 credit 
  1. MAT 157 Statistics –4 credit 
  1. MGT 101-Principles of Management –3 credit  
  1. BUS 185-Business law –3 credit  
  1. MKT 110-Principles of Marketing –3 credit  
  1. SPC 112-Public speaking –3 credit  
  1. ECN 130-Principles of Microeconomics –3 credit  
  1. BUS 112-Business Math –3 credit  

Current Credits Completion at Sophia:   
  1. CS1005-College Readiness –3 credit 
  1. FIN1001-Principles of finance-3 credit  
  1. CS1005-Introduction to web development- 3 credit  
  1. PM1001-Project Management –3 credit  
  1. CONRES1000-Essential of Managing Conflict-1 credit  
  1. VisComm1001-Visual Communication-3 credit 

Current Credits In process at Sophia:  
  1. Art History 1-   

Thank you. 
With your tuition reimbursement, UMPI would be FREE for you as long as you finished in three sessions or less. This is totally doable for most students. If it somehow took you 4 sessions, your degree from UMPI would be only $600 out of pocket (unless you rolled over into a new year; in which case, the degree would still be free). I'm pretty sure that SNHU would be significantly more than that. SNHU will also take at least one year, possibly two, once you enroll. There is no way to accelerate faster than that.

At the very least, you will need the following from Sophia: Spanish I, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Human Biology Lab. To figure out the rest, I would suggest starting a spreadsheet of and filling it in with what you've already earned.

Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...ts_Roadmap and also https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents to ensure that you fill out as much of the GEC as possible.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(06-09-2023, 04:10 AM)rachel83az Wrote: With your tuition reimbursement, UMPI would be FREE for you as long as you finished in three sessions or less. This is totally doable for most students. If it somehow took you 4 sessions, your degree from UMPI would be only $600 out of pocket (unless you rolled over into a new year; in which case, the degree would still be free). I'm pretty sure that SNHU would be significantly more than that. SNHU will also take at least one year, possibly two, once you enroll. There is no way to accelerate faster than that.

At the very least, you will need the following from Sophia: Spanish I, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Human Biology Lab. To figure out the rest, I would suggest starting a spreadsheet of and filling it in with what you've already earned.

Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...ts_Roadmap and also https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents to ensure that you fill out as much of the GEC as possible.

Thank you very much for your response and advise. Procrastination has caused me to waste 2 years. My foot is on the gas pedal now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sach2380's post:
  • origamishuttle
You need to plan out your Sophia courses more carefully, since you're taking things that you can't use (you already have PLENTY of courses that take up all of your elective spaces, and so you just need specific GEC courses).

You need:
Creativity (area 2D) - take at UMPI
Finish Art History
Physical Science - since you already took Bio elsewhere, I would take Chemistry w/Lab (you need a lab on one of your sciences, but UMPI will not let you take a lab for a science completed elsewhere)
Intro to Sociology
Spanish I
American Government
Business Communication

This leaves you with 15 courses to take at UMPI for this degree & minor. 5 courses per term x 3 terms will get it done, and will be free for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle, ss20ts
(06-08-2023, 10:37 PM)sach2380 Wrote: I am trying to figure out what other general education credits/other classes I will need and take them at Sophia or Study.com before applying to either school. I would love to do this in 6 months if only time would allow.

I recommend applying now, and you can finish your Sophia courses while you wait to start. Also, you should join the discord: https://discord.gg/fjcyqpgGMG

(06-09-2023, 08:56 PM)sach2380 Wrote: Procrastination has caused me to waste 2 years. My foot is on the gas pedal now.

I think a lot of us can identify with this. Congratulations on finding your path, and best of luck!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • ss20ts
@sach2380, Welcome to the board. With your current credits, you should apply to UMPI and see where your credits stand. You can work on remaining credits until you max out the 90 possible credits to transfer (if possible). You're in great shape to complete the BABA Project Management concentration... As mentioned, If you can get this done in 3 sessions, it's all paid for with your tuition assistance/reimbursement from work.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-10-2023, 03:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You need to plan out your Sophia courses more carefully, since you're taking things that you can't use (you already have PLENTY of courses that take up all of your elective spaces, and so you just need specific GEC courses).

You need:
Creativity (area 2D) - take at UMPI
Finish Art History
Physical Science - since you already took Bio elsewhere, I would take Chemistry w/Lab (you need a lab on one of your sciences, but UMPI will not let you take a lab for a science completed elsewhere)
Intro to Sociology
Spanish I
American Government
Business Communication

This leaves you with 15 courses to take at UMPI for this degree & minor.  5 courses per term x 3 terms will get it done, and will be free for you.
Thank you very much.

(06-10-2023, 07:32 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(06-08-2023, 10:37 PM)sach2380 Wrote: I am trying to figure out what other general education credits/other classes I will need and take them at Sophia or Study.com before applying to either school. I would love to do this in 6 months if only time would allow.

I recommend applying now, and you can finish your Sophia courses while you wait to start. Also, you should join the discord: https://discord.gg/fjcyqpgGMG

(06-09-2023, 08:56 PM)sach2380 Wrote: Procrastination has caused me to waste 2 years. My foot is on the gas pedal now.

I think a lot of us can identify with this. Congratulations on finding your path, and best of luck!

Thank you.

(06-11-2023, 06:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @sach2380, Welcome to the board.  With your current credits, you should apply to UMPI and see where your credits stand.  You can work on remaining credits until you max out the 90 possible credits to transfer (if possible).  You're in great shape to complete the BABA Project Management concentration...  As mentioned, If you can get this done in 3 sessions, it's all paid for with your tuition assistance/reimbursement from work.

Thanks for the advise.

(06-11-2023, 06:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @sach2380, Welcome to the board.  With your current credits, you should apply to UMPI and see where your credits stand.  You can work on remaining credits until you max out the 90 possible credits to transfer (if possible).  You're in great shape to complete the BABA Project Management concentration...  As mentioned, If you can get this done in 3 sessions, it's all paid for with your tuition assistance/reimbursement from work.

Thank you for your added response. Very much appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please advise on my next classes for a TESU BSc kt320 2 228 08-19-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: kt320
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 13 1,614 06-20-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Ivo Lah
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 484 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 496 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 756 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need advice on remaining classes for BLS fromthedepths 9 993 03-03-2023, 08:20 PM
  TEL Learning easiest classes for RA credit? CanICode 3 765 10-19-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  adding BA in Business Administration at UMPI; help with finding classes/ best pathway SydWill 5 933 08-31-2022, 10:05 AM
  Questions - Equivalent Classes, Portfolios Caecal07 5 742 05-19-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Looking for Feedback on 3 UL Coopersmith Classes TorsMama 13 2,712 03-16-2022, 12:07 PM
Last Post: SkaroFamily