Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for Microeconomics CLEP
I take my principles of Microeconomics CLEP exam in a week and I'm really freaked out about it because my graduation depends on this exam. This is my first CLEP. Can anyone give some helpful advice on how to pass this exam or focus points I should concentrate on? I would really appreciate it.
I studied for it using the Cybereconomics website and their lectures/notes. I then used the Peterson's practice exams. I took one, then studied the questions and reviewed as needed, then took the next one, etc. And then I took the College Board practice exam in their CLEP study guide.

I studied for two weeks. Week one was for initial learning of the material, and week two was exam practice and reviewing. I averaged 3 hours per day of studying. I passed with a 73.
Khan academy has some great videos for this CLEP. Economics for Dummies (microeconomics part) is good, too. I made a 76 on this test. Good luck!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
gabbysd08 Wrote:I take my principles of Microeconomics CLEP exam in a week and I'm really freaked out about it because my graduation depends on this exam. This is my first CLEP. Can anyone give some helpful advice on how to pass this exam or focus points I should concentrate on? I would really appreciate it.

You can study using the IC flashcards and specific exam feedback. I don't know if a week is long enough, it wouldn't be for me, but if you want to try and assess yourself, you could use the Peterson's practice exams.
Have you taken Macro-economics? I ask because the first half of macro and micro overlap (they repeat themselves). If you have taken Macro, you are halfway there. You can then skip the economics fundamentals and go straight to the micro specific subject matter.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:Have you taken Macro-economics? I ask because the first half of macro and micro overlap (they repeat themselves). If you have taken Macro, you are halfway there. You can then skip the economics fundamentals and go straight to the micro specific subject matter.

Yes, this is a great point.
..I'd take the straighterline instead of the CLEP. that's just me. Unless you are military, then give it a shot then do straighterline
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:..I'd take the straighterline instead of the CLEP. that's just me. Unless you are military, then give it a shot then do straighterline

This is also a good option, assuming the OP's school accepts Straighterline.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I'm not sure if my school accepts it because they only gave me the option to CLEP.
I've actually been studying for a month, but because the exam weighs so much I want to make sure I'm making use of all the resources possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,834 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 33,307 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 677 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,587 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 600 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 506 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,200 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,049 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  5 Interviewing Tips From an Amazon Applicant Who Jeff Bezos Hired on the Spot LevelUP 4 1,183 03-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,824 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM