Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Tips for Microeconomics CLEP (/Thread-Tips-for-Microeconomics-CLEP)

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - gabbysd08 - 03-23-2015

I take my principles of Microeconomics CLEP exam in a week and I'm really freaked out about it because my graduation depends on this exam. This is my first CLEP. Can anyone give some helpful advice on how to pass this exam or focus points I should concentrate on? I would really appreciate it.

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - mpie18 - 03-25-2015

I studied for it using the Cybereconomics website and their lectures/notes. I then used the Peterson's practice exams. I took one, then studied the questions and reviewed as needed, then took the next one, etc. And then I took the College Board practice exam in their CLEP study guide.

I studied for two weeks. Week one was for initial learning of the material, and week two was exam practice and reviewing. I averaged 3 hours per day of studying. I passed with a 73.

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - topdog98 - 03-25-2015

Khan academy has some great videos for this CLEP. Economics for Dummies (microeconomics part) is good, too. I made a 76 on this test. Good luck!

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - cookderosa - 03-25-2015

gabbysd08 Wrote:I take my principles of Microeconomics CLEP exam in a week and I'm really freaked out about it because my graduation depends on this exam. This is my first CLEP. Can anyone give some helpful advice on how to pass this exam or focus points I should concentrate on? I would really appreciate it.

You can study using the IC flashcards and specific exam feedback. I don't know if a week is long enough, it wouldn't be for me, but if you want to try and assess yourself, you could use the Peterson's practice exams.

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - Prloko - 03-25-2015

Have you taken Macro-economics? I ask because the first half of macro and micro overlap (they repeat themselves). If you have taken Macro, you are halfway there. You can then skip the economics fundamentals and go straight to the micro specific subject matter.

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - cookderosa - 03-25-2015

Prloko Wrote:Have you taken Macro-economics? I ask because the first half of macro and micro overlap (they repeat themselves). If you have taken Macro, you are halfway there. You can then skip the economics fundamentals and go straight to the micro specific subject matter.

Yes, this is a great point.

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - gingerbeefE - 03-26-2015

..I'd take the straighterline instead of the CLEP. that's just me. Unless you are military, then give it a shot then do straighterline

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - Prloko - 03-26-2015

gingerbeefE Wrote:..I'd take the straighterline instead of the CLEP. that's just me. Unless you are military, then give it a shot then do straighterline

This is also a good option, assuming the OP's school accepts Straighterline.

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - gabbysd08 - 03-26-2015

I'm not sure if my school accepts it because they only gave me the option to CLEP.

Tips for Microeconomics CLEP - gabbysd08 - 03-26-2015

I've actually been studying for a month, but because the exam weighs so much I want to make sure I'm making use of all the resources possible.