Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cancelled Test
Hey everybody! I've posted on a few threads already but this is my first thread I created. I've been studying for a week or two with IC for "Here's to Your Health" and another week or so with random textbooks. I feel very confident in my test taking abilities as I have passed the Literature and Humanities CLEPs.

Today was my exam and I was pretty excited to get it over with. However when I got there I was informed by the Strayer staff members that the only person who could "run" the exam had left working for them last week without notifying anyone about today's 6 CLEP/Dante's test takers Sad There were a group of annoyed people in the waiting room. I know I was, considering I scheduled this exam 2 weeks ago (Butterflies in my stomach)

I am pretty annoyed that at the minimum I have to wait now is 3 or 4 more days before they get back to me; and longer still to take the darn test! I still feel confident and the extra week will hopefully give me the edge to really nail this one home.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I also wanted to say that I am looking forward to studying more classes using IC. It is a great tool - happy to be here! Smile

Sorry that my first post was a rant. I hope it comes across as an interesting story too Big Grin
I feel your pain. I thank God that I found a testing center that is pretty flexible with hours, but I have to drive 1:15 minutes away for that luxury. All of the other local testing centers make you schedule 2 weeks in advance. You may want to revisit the college board website and call some of the testing centers within 50 miles of your house and find out what kind of scheduling they require.

Good luck!

69+Brick & Mortar Credits
Financial Accounting Clep- Score 59
Prin. Of Marketing Clep- Score 62
Business Law- Score 57
Prin. Of Management- Score 72
Prin. Of Supervision DSST- Score 63
Human Resource Management DSST- Score 62
Organizational Behavior DSST- Score 62
Intro to Business- DSST Score 67
College Algebra Straighterline-FHSU-"A"
Pre-Calculus ALEKS-ACE-Pass
Microeconomics Clep- Score 64
TESC Business Letter and Report Writing PLA-Pass
Management Info Systems Clep-Score 433
Money and Banking DSST-Score 64
Sales Management TECEP-Pass
Principles of Finance DSST-Score 57
As a rule, I always emailed or called the testing center 24 hours in advance of my scheduled appointment just to confirm.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I totally understand your frustration! I have had some really awful experiences with Strayer test centers. I did find a great one that doesn't seem to have the same issues as the others but it is 90 minutes from my home. I hate the drive, but I love the test center and the proctor is great. The other Strayer test centers wouldn't return phone calls, had horrible test environments, rude proctors and they charge more than other test centers. I second calling around the other test centers near you. Once you find a decent one stick to it. My stress level has dropped tremendously since I found this great center. I will stay there until I finish up my last 4 exams. Good Luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
ShotoJuku Wrote:As a rule, I always emailed or called the testing center 24 hours in advance of my scheduled appointment just to confirm.
Great Advice ShotoJuku! I think I'll start doing that too!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
brothermike Wrote:I feel your pain. I thank God that I found a testing center that is pretty flexible with hours, but I have to drive 1:15 minutes away for that luxury. All of the other local testing centers make you schedule 2 weeks in advance. You may want to revisit the college board website and call some of the testing centers within 50 miles of your house and find out what kind of scheduling they require.

Good luck!

Usually this Strayer location is excellent. I think whomever left as proctor withheld this information of today's tests purposely. The only problem that I have with my locations is that this is the only place relatively close to me that distributes "Computerized Dante's exams" every other location around this area is Paper based (at least to my knowledge). I don't know about you all but I have a hard time waiting 3 weeks for my results!

It is a complete pain with the 2 week test notice. I wish I had your luck with the flexible hours Smile
marianne202 Wrote:I totally understand your frustration! I have had some really awful experiences with Strayer test centers. I did find a great one that doesn't seem to have the same issues as the others but it is 90 minutes from my home. I hate the drive, but I love the test center and the proctor is great. The other Strayer test centers wouldn't return phone calls, had horrible test environments, rude proctors and they charge more than other test centers. I second calling around the other test centers near you. Once you find a decent one stick to it. My stress level has dropped tremendously since I found this great center. I will stay there until I finish up my last 4 exams. Good Luck!

You wouldn't believe this but in today's desperation I called 2 other Strayer locations that have computerized Dante's exams. The woman on the phone at the front desk didn't even know what a DANTE'S EXAM was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sounded like I was making it up!
Also marianne202 Great luck to you with your last few exams! If I pass Here's to your health I will have 19 credits left for my bachelor's degree Big Grin
ShotoJuku Wrote:As a rule, I always emailed or called the testing center 24 hours in advance of my scheduled appointment just to confirm.

If I had your insight I would have been saved a lot of unnecessary frustration today! I will take your advice to heart from here on out! Smile
Sorry for the inconvenience you went through but this tread confirms that not just with real estate, but with our testing centers, no mater who they are, it really can make a difference in your anxiety level, not just convenience.

The suggestion to call ahead of time is now also on my list of things to do.

Thanks for everyone posting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 213 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 474 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 424 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 762 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,022 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,284 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 1,068 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 912 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 556 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 9 4,949 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Merlin