Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024
I don't think there are any pathways yet, I don't recall reading any announcement on what will happen for those who want to continue with partnership options...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-16-2024, 10:19 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Does anyone have steps on how to continue the membership once TADA expires? My son is interesting in the annual membership (Coursera Plus) since there are a couple of certificates that he still wants to do there.

Coursera Plus is a solid option.  If I recall correctly, it does include some of the certificate programs.  But it might not include all of them.  When I had Coursera Plus a while back, I think it included the Google certificates but not the IBM ones. I don’t know if that is the case now.

For those that are enrolled in a degree program somewhere, see if they have Coursera included.  Oddly, my TADA access is completely gone.  I don’t know why.  But when I toggled my drop down options (where TADA used to be), I noticed I had something called “Career Academy” and it appears to be linked to my school.  I don’t even know how that happened at all.  I never saw an email from the school advertising it. And I never did anything to request it.  My best guess is that it was automatic based on my email address but I honestly have no idea.  On the plus side, all the certificates are available there, so I guess I will be able to continue to chip away at them.  And I did not lose any of my progress.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
(09-12-2023, 06:52 PM)Kalas Wrote: Free access to the alumni academy ends on 4/30/24. According to today's webinar, people like me that completed a certificate after the end of TADA was announced should also get access to the alumni program until 4/30 (all Coursera courses). I finished my certificate a week ago and still do not have alumni access.

This link will allow TADA members to get a year of all of Coursera's courses for $299, a $100 discount. You have to be a member of TADA to use it (or so they said) and you can still sign up for free. The discount is valid until 4/30 so you can use the free alumni access until then and sign up for a year with the discount on the last day. The full URL is massive so I will use the bit.ly given in this morning's webinar bit.ly/48aUbqG

I've been trying that link and Coursera kicks back this message, "Sorry, the offer you tried to view is no longer available" so that discount code doesn't work right now.  Today is 04-30-24 and I got that same truncated code off the "TADA Transition and Pathways Learner Info Session - 9/12/23" slide deck.

Attached Files
.png   Pathways Slidedeck Capture.PNG (Size: 281.79 KB / Downloads: 6)
For the record, Friday is actually May 3rd (2024)   Smile   Someone from TADA made a typo in the email. I'm going to assume they meant Friday (May 3rd), not Thursday (May 2nd), in the email that was sent today.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Basically, for me, I've done all that I wanted with TADA offerings before it expires, I did a review of what I may want to do later, and for some reason or another, one of my badges for Google Data Analytics Pro Cert didn't show up and I got that cleared yesterday.  

Side note, if there aren't any cheapies or freebies coming out from partners, another option is taking the $1/month Coursera Plus or $199/year specials when they have that offered, another option is to do the '7-day trial' and try to finish before your trial ends.  

For others who have benefit from this program and want to work on something else like myself, look at some other cheapies or freebies available elsewhere, I'm working towards the Edx ones here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid417205

Lastly, if you're unable to get the financial aid or scholarships for the Coursera, Edx options, you can always review the cheapies or freebie options on the WIKI to see what may appeal to you, work on the balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience.

For anyone in New York State, my son was able to get free Coursera access via the NYS DOL link that is in the presentation from September 2023. They got back to him within 2 days.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
I still have access to all of Coursera. Every single course. 

I'm a part of the TADA Alumni.

I wonder when this access ends.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-02-2024, 07:05 AM)LevelUP Wrote: I still have access to all of Coursera. Every single course. 

I'm a part of the TADA Alumni.

I wonder when this access ends.

Friday May 3rd unless you are able to use one of the options listed at the end of the September 2023 presentation to retain access or choose to subscribe to Coursera Plus. My son retained his access via the NYS DOL.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • LevelUP
As we've shared previously, after two years providing skills training for Americans from across the country, The American Dream Academy (TADA) program will be ending TODAY Thursday, May 2, 2024. NOTE: This e-mail includes updated links from the e-mail earlier in the week. The discounted CourseraPLUS subscription has expired.

Important reminders:

Your Enrollments, Progress and Completions: You will continue to have access to your Coursera account and all your progress to date after May 2, 2024. The only thing that is ending is the free access to Coursera provided through The American Dream Academy.

Support: Please engage the Learner Help Center and Chat Supportfor immediate help. Please complete this form  [UPDATED LINK] if you're not able to address your issue with the Help Center or Chat Support. We will respond to this form as soon as possible.

The Milken Center for Advancing the American Dream (MCAAD) and Coursera

Here's a post, anyone try Coursera referrals before? Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid418894

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,478 7 hours ago
Last Post: nomaduser
  March 2024 - News, News, and more News! bjcheung77 6 923 09-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia UAS IT Programme changes after 31.7.2024 cro-magnon 11 821 08-06-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 7 2,149 06-13-2024, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 452 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,478 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Dream Job to Entrepreneur... bjcheung77 1 284 05-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,707 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 645 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  10 Certificates To Put On Your Resume In 2024 LevelUP 0 489 03-27-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP