Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024
I have the TECEPs to study for, but I went ahead and signed up for TADA to be able to do the IBM cert (which isn't part of Coursera Plus). I don't care about the TADA badge, per se, but I would like access to the alumni academy or whatever else, so I'm trying to meet at least their badge requirements. I was able to complete the "Beginning with Me" and "Human Skills Course" in about 5 minutes each by skipping to the end and taking the graded quizzes - it was already information I'd learned at Sophia or from other Coursera courses. Very easy. "Critical Thinking Skills for the Professional" took a bit longer, but also wasn't super difficult. Now I just need to finish the IBM cert.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Good morning,

As a current learner in TADA, I’ve been trying several times to get in touch with the TADA moderators (a.k.a., “Cricket”, etc.) to continue receiving my emailed invites for the TADA Zoom Virtual Study Halls that have been going on every two weeks.

The email invites stopped in near Christmas in December 2023 (???) although it was communicated through our online study hall sessions via Zoom was the virtual study halls would continue until April 30, 2024.

NOTES:
01-10-24 – TADA Updates and Additional Learning Resources
After two years of providing skills training for Americans from across the country, The American Dream Academy (TADA) program will be ending on April 30, 2024.
What this means:
  • You can continue working towards completion of your TADA coursework until April 30, 2024, and all learners who complete TADA’s requirements by then will receive the TADA badge.
  • Support for learners, such as Study Hall, will continue through April 30, 2024.
  • You will receive information about alternative programs offered by Coursera and partners that are free or discounted for learners who wish to continue their learning after April 30, 2024.
  • NOTE date change: new learners can register until October 31, 2023. Please share this with anyone in your community who might be interested in joining TADA.
  • To learn more, view the Current Learners FAQs on the TADA website.

Thank you for being part of TADA!
With admiration,
The American Dream Academy Team

How do I receive emailed invites again?? I’ve attempted reaching out several times through the Milken Institute (no answer, just goes through a phone tree system), the various learner site threads https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...024?page=3 and through Coursera with no responses.

What are the steps I need to take so I will [b]again be emailed the Virtual Study Hall Zoom links?[/b]

Very Sincerely,
LA Hill
Note: For those who have energy and time to get some of these done, you have about three weeks left of TADA as it ends this month! Otherwise, for those who have completed all they can and waiting for what's next, I wonder what will be offered at the end of the month or if there are anything new coming after the transition to other partners programs for 'free or discounted'...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Darknigh7
Such a loss, with TADA closing. I was able to pick up dozens of ACE credits for free.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darknigh7's post:
  • rachel83az
While sad that TADA is closing, at least it led to us being able to "testdrive" the various certificates. Coursera credits are still pretty cheap and future students will still be able to get cheap credits that will apply to their degrees. Without TADA, we wouldn't know how many of these certificates would apply to TESU, UMPI, and WGU. TADA may be gone, but its effects won't be forgotten by future students. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Darknigh7
That's true, it was good while it lasted and did pave way to seeing how things went with ACE credit and transfers to respective institutions... It also paved way to students being able to do the 'trial' run and actually complete the certs on a trial basis, thus getting it free and not have a need for TADA at all... Basically, a good collective network of people sharing results and I really love this community for doing just that - sharing results, just awesome!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Darknigh7
I cant even get to mine anymore. The last time I logged in to Coursera, the toggle to see ADA was gone. I really don’t know if my certificate will actually work or if i will ahve to pay if i finish it
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
I'm over here frantically getting through videos and quizzes so I can do the peer reviewed projects before the end of the month
(04-16-2024, 09:45 PM)lisarox Wrote: I'm over here frantically getting through videos and quizzes so I can do the peer reviewed projects before the end of the month

Knowing how I procrastinate, I'll be frantically trying to finish the evening of April 30th  Big Grin
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Does anyone have steps on how to continue the membership once TADA expires? My son is interesting in the annual membership (Coursera Plus) since there are a couple of certificates that he still wants to do there.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,479 7 hours ago
Last Post: nomaduser
  March 2024 - News, News, and more News! bjcheung77 6 923 09-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia UAS IT Programme changes after 31.7.2024 cro-magnon 11 821 08-06-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 7 2,149 06-13-2024, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 452 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,478 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Dream Job to Entrepreneur... bjcheung77 1 284 05-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,714 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 645 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  10 Certificates To Put On Your Resume In 2024 LevelUP 0 489 03-27-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP