Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BS CIS catalog change
I noticed that the TESU website for the BS-CIS looks different now.

BSBA Degree in Computer Information Systems at Thomas Edison State University | BS in Business Administration (tesu.edu)

Under "Additional courses" in the AOS, it now has 4 courses listed:

Data Structures
MIS
Operating Systems
Database Management

I wonder if that course selection is restricted to those 4 courses, and that they MUST be those exact ones, or if this is just a suggestion and you can replace some of these with other upper level choices in computer science. 

I guess we won't know for sure until someone signs up using this current catalog. I assume that most of you reading this are enrolled under a prior catalog.
(05-24-2024, 12:34 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: I noticed that the TESU website for the BS-CIS looks different now.

BSBA Degree in Computer Information Systems at Thomas Edison State University | BS in Business Administration (tesu.edu)

Under "Additional courses" in the AOS, it now has 4 courses listed:

Data Structures
MIS
Operating Systems
Database Management

I wonder if that course selection is restricted to those 4 courses, and that they MUST be those exact ones, or if this is just a suggestion and you can replace some of these with other upper level choices in computer science. 

I guess we won't know for sure until someone signs up using this current catalog. I assume that most of you reading this are enrolled under a prior catalog.

That's the same CIS catalog.

Those are suggested courses.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Basically... You've got required ones and others that are recommended (or suggested) classes. Most of the recommendations are pretty good ones in this particular example, essentially, those looking to get the BACS can use some of these classes towards the major.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just a minor note:
If you're using electives (e.g. ASU classes) instead of the suggestions from TESU, just double check with advising that they are still accepted. They have moved some things around, for example some former CIS-3999 equivalencies got moved to the DSI (Data Science) suffix, which makes them ineligible for the BS CIS and BA CS degrees.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
jg_nuy, could you please confirm that the course that your son took at ASU was "Location analytics for business", which came in as CIS-3999 at TESU? And that will count for UL in the BACS? Thank you.
It was CIS 309 Business Process Management and it was not applied to the BA CS, only to the BS CIs.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 108 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU catalog lock in doom 2 341 08-13-2024, 06:52 PM
  TESU degree requirements help based on current catalog evenFair23 42 20,693 08-03-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Possible change or wrong info on wiki Insert Name 4 650 07-11-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  23-24 TESU catalog is here jch 14 1,782 07-06-2023, 03:51 PM
  New change in TESU Transcripts Processing DSeducate 3 1,048 11-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Last Post: DSeducate
  Old Student Re-Enrolled..still under 2014-15 Catalog loops77 20 2,075 09-17-2022, 01:06 AM
Question Academic Evaluation with different catalog years AllThose299s 2 833 02-16-2022, 12:57 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  How does TESUs recent change affect things? acethroughcollege 11 1,821 09-24-2021, 08:47 AM
  Change in TESU credit distibution thecontrarian 4 983 08-28-2021, 12:26 AM