Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Wording Newly Friendly to DOED-Recognized Institutionally Accredited Credit
TESU appears to have recently reworded their policies to now state they accept credit "from entities accredited by institutional accreditors recognized by the U.S. Department of Education."

"Regional accreditation" is no longer stipulated directly, nor does it appear to be implied – for example, they don't stipulate a list of institutional accreditors they accept that just happens to be the traditional list of regional accreditors  in the main body text on the undergraduate catalog page Transfer Credit, the graduate catalog page Transfer Credit, or the Transfering Credit landing page in the Admissions section of the site.

There are several places on TESU's website that specify a regional accreditation requirement specifically, but generally they seem less official and may not have been updated, including in part Academic Credit FAQs and a 2016 blog post on NA vs. RA.

For admission to TESU master's programs, "The University requirement for admission to any master’s degree program is the demonstration of the completion of a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized under our Transfer Credit Policy."

A regionally accredited master's is still at this time a stated requirement for admission to TESU's DBA and EdD.

"Institutionally accredited" absent any indication otherwise implies a superset that includes nationally accredited (NA).

This might open up some new degree planning options.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • allvia
That a great finding. This can be really good for some people to finish a bachelor they started somewhere else or even to go to a RA Master coming from a NA Bachelor. I am sure you made a lot of people happy today!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
It never made much sense to accept ACE credit but not NA credit. Can't wait to see someone actually succeed in transferring NA credit in. I wouldn't be too surprised if they slap some kind of credit limit like they do for ACE on NA credit, but they really shouldn't need to.

It's a shame that their Master's programs aren't more affordable.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Someone should try, I think I read from an earlier post/thread that someone was successful in applying their NA credits. But I don't recall if those NA credits came from Genesis University, Penn Foster, or something else that already has ACE or NCCRS recommendation for credit. Someone may want to search the board as there may have been a post of this forum or the sister one...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It's my understanding that regional accreditors are no longer bound to accredit schools only in their geographic regions, and schools can choose to see accrediation from an accreditor in a different region. Thus prompting the shift to the term "institutional accreditation" instead of "regional accreditation." But this, of course, then muddies the line between regional accreditors and other accreditors such as DEAC.

I agree with BJCheung. It would be interesting to see if this is a wording change, or an actual shift in policy.
[-] The following 2 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • davewill, jch
It would be a typical TESU move to change the wording of a policy without changing the practical application, or vice versa. Also interested in the impacts.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • davewill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 703 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 481 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,417 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 561 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,261 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 544 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 238 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 235 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 267 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 658 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM