Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP for RA Credit?
With the recent 24 RA credit requirement from TESU I was wondering if I could take TECEPs to fulfil this? Does anyone know if this works? Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ima_get_a_degree's post:
  • Novo
Yes, TECEPs should count as RA credit at TESU. They are certainly not ACE/NCCRS credit. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ima_get_a_degree
(01-24-2021, 09:38 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, TECEPs should count as RA credit at TESU. They are certainly not ACE/NCCRS credit. Smile

Good, thank you!  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ima_get_a_degree's post:
  • Novo
One important thing to remember about TECEPs, though, is that they are pass/fail and not graded credits like most RA credits. If you are planning on continuing on to grad school, you're going to want to find out if there are any requirements for graded credits or if pass/fail is sufficient. The answer will depend on the grad school.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-24-2021, 09:17 PM)ima_get_a_degree Wrote: With the recent 24 RA credit requirement from TESU I was wondering if I could take TECEPs to fulfil this? Does anyone know if this works? Thanks.

Some say the written compositions are easy to pass.

They are not as easy to pass as CLEP's though they are passable.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-24-2021, 09:46 PM)rachel83az Wrote: One important thing to remember about TECEPs, though, is that they are pass/fail and not graded credits like most RA credits. If you are planning on continuing on to grad school, you're going to want to find out if there are any requirements for graded credits or if pass/fail is sufficient. The answer will depend on the grad school.
I imagine the criteria will be different if one pursues a foreign (European) grad school? Esp a program that is ok if one doesn't have a complete bachelor degree yet?
(01-25-2021, 06:49 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 09:46 PM)rachel83az Wrote: One important thing to remember about TECEPs, though, is that they are pass/fail and not graded credits like most RA credits. If you are planning on continuing on to grad school, you're going to want to find out if there are any requirements for graded credits or if pass/fail is sufficient. The answer will depend on the grad school.
I imagine the criteria will be different if one pursues a foreign (European) grad school? Esp a program that is ok if one doesn't have a complete bachelor degree yet?

If you are going after a grad degree that doesn't necessarily require a bachelor's degree, you should be fine. But I wouldn't automatically assume that all foreign degrees would be fine. A few of them do still want you to have taken certain courses and pass/fail credits might not work. For instance, if you are supposed to have a statistics class, then the pass/fail TECEP might be no good. Or it might work. But, again, it'd be up to each grad school.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Thanks. How difficult is the statistics TECEP?
Also is the requirement for all credits transferred or applicable credits towards a degree?

Hopefully I'll be able to swap some courses with TECEPs or just change the major to fit the bill so to speak. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College credit for EMT-Basic Certification Stonybeach 7 376 08-05-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Assistance with Credit Transfer & Fast, Affordable & Efficient Degree Completion Plan PositiveSoul 9 727 06-24-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: PositiveSoul
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 13 1,612 06-20-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Ivo Lah
  Upper-level credit/BYU Independent Study alternatives clarissa23 10 797 05-24-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: evergreen
  Canadian 90 credit BA -> any 120 credit BA rarebird 4 613 05-07-2024, 01:59 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 609 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
Wink Fast RA Credit Options User7364 9 1,111 01-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Mature student seeks help with college credit/bypassing courses. Psychology oriented. Cyath 27 3,173 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Self Paced RA credit for English Literature? rlw74 4 924 06-11-2023, 02:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - credit questions kevinks 6 1,692 03-20-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: kevinks