Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studying for Introductory Psychology is a Real Challenge
Hi, I am coming along in my study for the Introductory to Psychology CLEP Exam. I am only using InstaCert. There are 366 questions and when you add in the "blanks" to be filled in the explanations, it is over 700.

I am close to scheduling and taking the exam. I don't have a deadline, although I want to pass this so I can move on the the next exam. I am just over halfway towards my bachelors.

My questions are: If anyone that took (hopefully passed) the Introductory Psychology CLEP Exam could please let me know what it was like.

Also, is there e anything other than InstaCert and the official CLEP practice test that I could use to ensure that I pass this exam.

I passed the sociology CLEP earlier this year and it was easy. I hear that this exam is easy, but it is taking me hours to master these 366 questions and also the explanation blanks.

No complaints because I am actually learning and I know that things like this do take work.
https://www.amazon.com/CLEP%C2%AE-Introd...psychology

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-101-Psychology...psychology

I didn't use instacert

I used those two books and some videos from the great courses
Great Ideas of Psychology Prof. Robinson-Social Science

got them on sale for $99
found out later I could have checked them out from the public library
LOL
bluebooger Wrote:https://www.amazon.com/CLEP%C2%AE-Introd...psychology

I used this book. Also the concepts I didn't fully understand from the book I used KhanAcadamy on youtube to help. I only studied for a week probably an hour or 2 per day. Then a good 4-5 hours the day prior, then went in and I felt pretty good about my chances. My only suggestion to look elsewhere for information is for the types of drugs used for different types of mental issues. I had about 10 questions on those and probably on knew 3 or 4 of them because of the book didn't cover it to well and I didn't think it would be heavy on those types of questions. You can prob spend an hour or so learning the types of drugs to "help" certain issues, and what the drugs do to "help".
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I passed it 3 weeks ago and I completed 5 days of studying using speedyprep and that was enough for me. I am now trying Instacert for the first time just to see how this goes. speedyprep cost me 10$ for the first month and it helped me. personally I feel that the introductory Psych exam was really easy the main thing you should focus on is the concepts, biology(brain, CNS & hormones) & theories. if you do that you should be fine.! btw I had never taken psychology before, not even in Highschool.
There is a really good free video series on Introductory Psychology that can help fill in the gaps. Annenberg Learner - Teacher Professional Development
Thanks everybody for your responses. I really appreciate it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 483 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Planning way ahead and stuck on psychology licensure kmao2004 4 421 06-16-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Studying Through Brain Fog Stacie 36 4,107 06-11-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,171 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 990 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Almost no one pays college sticker prices. Colleges are getting real about tution. LevelUP 0 456 10-06-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 541 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Psychology Careers - 9 Options bjcheung77 1 707 04-15-2022, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  RA psychology degree help amomwholearns 4 988 03-20-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Studying on a Schedule, week by week RedBeardVII 11 1,531 10-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Last Post: wow