Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses
Code:
This page details upcoming changes for all Study.com college credit recommended courses.

If you are enrolled in one of the courses below, the changes will affect your course progress.
We’re giving you advance notice of these changes so that you’ll have time to complete the course
before we make changes if you would like to. If you do not finish the course, pass the final exam and
submit any projects before the specified date, then you will need to complete any new lessons or assignments
being added and complete the new version of the exam.

If you have any questions about these changes, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Study.com’s Labster account is renewing on 9/30/2022. If your course requires Labster access and you
will not be able to fully complete your labs before 9/30/2022, please do not purchase Labster access
until 10/1/2022 or you will be required to pay for access again.

The status of these 17 courses as NCCRS credit-recommended courses will expire at end of December 2022. 

You must complete the course in its entirety (including all lessons, assignments, and the final exam) by Friday, 12/30/2022 in order to receive NCCRS-recommended credit. If you do not complete the course by the end of the day on 12/30/2022, you will not be able to receive NCCRS-recommended credit for the course.

Accounting 201: Intermediate Accounting I
Astronomy 101: Intro to Astronomy
Business 303: Management Information System Comp Sci AOS
Business 310: Advanced Business Ethics
Business 313: Organizational Communication
Business 325: Union & Labor Relations
Criminal Justice 106: Forensic Science
Criminal Justice 107: Criminal Law
Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System
English 310: Short Stories
Health 310: Human Resource Management in Healthcare
Marketing 308: Applied Marketing
Philosophy 101: Intro to Philosophy
Philosophy 102: Ethics in America
Physics 111: Physics I
Physics 112: Physics II
Political Science 101: Intro to Political Science

https://support.study.com/support/soluti...ng-courses
TESU - BA CS
[-] The following 1 user Likes inf's post:
  • jsd
Just went through all 17 of these in the ACE database, all of them are recommended for credit until at least August 2023, some much longer (into 2025 even).

While there are many situations where a school might accept ACE recommendations and not NCCRS, I've never come across a school that accepts NCCRS recommendations but not ACE.

My guess is that Study.com has recognized that getting these reviewed by both ACE and NCCRS is unnecessary and is moving away from NCCRS.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 5 users Like jsd's post:
  • carrythenothing, dragonwolf, inf, rachel83az, ss20ts
(11-05-2022, 08:49 PM)inf Wrote:
Code:
This page details upcoming changes for all Study.com college credit recommended courses.

If you are enrolled in one of the courses below, the changes will affect your course progress.
We’re giving you advance notice of these changes so that you’ll have time to complete the course
before we make changes if you would like to. If you do not finish the course, pass the final exam and
submit any projects before the specified date, then you will need to complete any new lessons or assignments
being added and complete the new version of the exam.

If you have any questions about these changes, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Study.com’s Labster account is renewing on 9/30/2022. If your course requires Labster access and you
will not be able to fully complete your labs before 9/30/2022, please do not purchase Labster access
until 10/1/2022 or you will be required to pay for access again.

The status of these 17 courses as NCCRS credit-recommended courses will expire at end of December 2022. 

You must complete the course in its entirety (including all lessons, assignments, and the final exam) by Friday, 12/30/2022 in order to receive NCCRS-recommended credit. If you do not complete the course by the end of the day on 12/30/2022, you will not be able to receive NCCRS-recommended credit for the course.

Accounting 201: Intermediate Accounting I
Astronomy 101: Intro to Astronomy
Business 303: Management Information System Comp Sci AOS
Business 310: Advanced Business Ethics
Business 313: Organizational Communication
Business 325: Union & Labor Relations
Criminal Justice 106: Forensic Science
Criminal Justice 107: Criminal Law
Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System
English 310: Short Stories
Health 310: Human Resource Management in Healthcare
Marketing 308: Applied Marketing
Philosophy 101: Intro to Philosophy
Philosophy 102: Ethics in America
Physics 111: Physics I
Physics 112: Physics II
Political Science 101: Intro to Political Science

If they are also ACE approved then you could still earn transferrable credit for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dragonwolf's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
A little further down on the page, Comp Sci 331: Cybersecurity Risk Analysis and Management, looks to be getting significantly more difficult on Nov 14th, with an additional assignment and a handful of extra lessons. Just in case someone has it on their radar.
With so few schools accepting NCCRS it is most likely not worth the cost to have courses approved by both NCCRS and ACE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • dragonwolf
Agreed, it seems this is there way of telling everyone to hurry in finishing, because they don't know who's planning on transferring them to an Ace versus NCCRS accepting school, and they probably don't want to bring that up and receive a bunch of emails back asking about the difference between Ace and NCCRS. Keeping it simple.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • dragonwolf
Yeah, keeping the process simple and streamlined is best, ACE has a "credit bank or registry" now with Credly, NCCRS still is within the provider. It's somewhat redundant having a second evaluation agency, but if they really wanted, any course that doesn't meet ACE requirements can be kept with NCCRS... that's the only reason I would even consider NCCRS at this point.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dragonwolf
Just noticed that there are upcoming changes effective 7/14/23.

In progress:  TESU - BACS [110/122]
  Completed: Pierpont C&TC - Associate of Applied Science - BOG - Information Systems (May 2023)
      Dummy: ASU - Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics (January 2023)
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(07-13-2023, 05:58 AM)doom Wrote: Just noticed that there are upcoming changes effective 7/14/23.

Nice they gave a week notice and not be email so I’m just finding this out through this post. So it’s effective tomorrow. I am in for about 2000 words on a 3000 word assignment plus have an vid presentation. For bus 324. 

So I wonder if these two assignments they are adding are in addition to or replacing the current one.
(07-13-2023, 06:51 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 05:58 AM)doom Wrote: Just noticed that there are upcoming changes effective 7/14/23.

Nice they gave a week notice and not be email so I’m just finding this out through this post. So it’s effective tomorrow. I am in for about 2000 words on a 3000 word assignment plus have an vid presentation. For bus 324. 

So I wonder if these two assignments they are adding are in addition to or replacing the current one.

Yes, I almost found that update by accident. I took BUS303 yesterday and saw a notification about it after I signed in. I agree that a one-week notice period is inadequate. BTW, I suppose they are in addition :-(.
In progress:  TESU - BACS [110/122]
  Completed: Pierpont C&TC - Associate of Applied Science - BOG - Information Systems (May 2023)
      Dummy: ASU - Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics (January 2023)
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 69 45,496 09-24-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Saver - 30% off 3 months portals 42 7,626 09-24-2024, 06:32 PM
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 263 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI Latin Credit Chimera 5 415 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 298 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 498,283 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 650 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Fastest Saylor courses? evadne 3 410 08-25-2024, 02:16 PM
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 246 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,256 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM