Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting these classes out for BSBA subjects please help
Cooperalex's eval looks solid.
What would fill the general elective section?
Do classes over flow into there once i filled the section up?
For example, Under humanities it asks for Other Humanities (9), i have (18), so (9) says there and (9) would go to general electives?
BSBA General Management @ TESC 03/2014
AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies @ TESC 03/2014
AS Public Fire Service Option @ CC 12/2012

CLEP
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Principles of Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Financial Accounting
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks
Intro to Stats (24 hours!)

In Progress
M.B.A Management Cal Coast University
seanmathews Wrote:What would fill the general elective section?
Do classes over flow into there once i filled the section up?
For example, Under humanities it asks for Other Humanities (9), i have (18), so (9) says there and (9) would go to general electives?

Classes automatically fill in the best way possible, for example if you have a class such as LIT291 (Analyze and Interpret Lit), it will default to Humanities, then if that is full it will either move down to general education or bump something else down to general education. When that is full it bumps to free electives, and when that is full they just become extra credits. For non-area of study courses, the general rule is whatever fits best will be furthest up the list. Courses with higher numbering generally stay to get used while lower numbered courses will get automatically bumped out of the way if you take something better to fill the spot. This guide will explain things pretty well and introduce you to the TESC evaluation, something you will get once you pay the fee to apply:

http://www.tesc.edu/documents/Degree_Pla..._12.09.pdf

For your question on General Education Elective Areas, see page 12. For your evaluation it may not come into play, but courses can also be split up. If you needed a single credit somewhere but took a three credit course, the evaluation will be default fill in the credit that is needed and then place the other two below. It is a very organized system, you just have to get used to it and how it places credits. An evaluator is able to make changes and force things to fit, and once you are enrolled you can speak with an advisor to plan out remaining credits, guarantee you how a course will fit if you take it elsewhere, or provide ideas on what to take. That is only available once you pay the annual enrollment fee though.

As listed in the eval I drew up, your humanities courses will split off. Which courses actually move will depend on how the eval is done, but yes, 9 credits will move down.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
cookderosa Wrote:Yes, this is likely true. My math (based on not knowing number of credits) is showing him as pretty darn close or complete on the AAS area of study too. The only thing I don't know, is if they'll accept across disciplines inside that 21 credit set. For instance, are FEMA, EMT, Fire similar enough to calculate together into one area of study? If so, you're probably looking at over 22 already (I counted Fire courses at 1 credit each and EMT w/lab as 6 but THIS is not something I'd take to the bank, we are just spit-balling.) Again, you can stop taking FEMA because you're likely already full on the AAS and you for sure are already full on the 18 in your business degree.

I believe one can use a combination of disciplines. I used criminal justice and FEMA courses for mine.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
One more question.. While we have the list of classes/tests i need to take..
Are there any tests i should take one after another due to overlap of information? Any recommended order?
BSBA General Management @ TESC 03/2014
AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies @ TESC 03/2014
AS Public Fire Service Option @ CC 12/2012

CLEP
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Principles of Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Financial Accounting
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks
Intro to Stats (24 hours!)

In Progress
M.B.A Management Cal Coast University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Music Classes Firedup4Jesus 15 2,357 05-23-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: amomwholearns
  Any leads on cheap-ish studio art classes? RachelB 6 611 05-13-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 909 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
  PowerBi Classes ashkir 0 726 01-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  onlinedegree.com free classes? ece2001biz 6 1,378 01-20-2023, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Any cheap of free Physical Education classes out there? mdel210201 4 1,152 09-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Free Non Credit Italian Classes from Wellesley College lisarox 1 683 09-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 3,231 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 3,002 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE credit for culinary classes on Sur la Table Vle045 4 1,106 06-24-2021, 10:34 AM