Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for the whole study.com thing.
Study.com Wrote:Hi All-

We want to assure you that we are working hard to provide instant score functionality so that you have a preliminary idea of whether or not you passed your exam. We hope to have this feature available shortly to prevent any delays in score reporting. Our goal is to help you earn college credit efficiently and affordably, and we appreciate your feedback on how to make that happen!

Thank you,
Study.com

Maybe you can start with responding to customer support e-mails. I reached out regarding a delay in receiving a graded paper on 10/7. The response said that I would have my grade early that week. I reached out again on 10/11 after not receiving a grade. No response. I e-mailed again today, no response. I feel that it is no coincidence that I'm not going to get a response before my subscription renews. I was going to renew anyway, but now it just feels like it is intentional. Honestly, I'm probably going to cancel now due to this practice. My subscription renews tomorrow. I had 4 more courses planned through Study.com at least, 6 if I enjoyed it. Now it's looking like I'll go back to Straighterline for the rest. It is a shame since the content of the courses is actually pretty good.
Aurelius Wrote:Maybe you can start with responding to customer support e-mails. I reached out regarding a delay in receiving a graded paper on 10/7. The response said that I would have my grade early that week. I reached out again on 10/11 after not receiving a grade. No response. I e-mailed again today, no response. I feel that it is no coincidence that I'm not going to get a response before my subscription renews. I was going to renew anyway, but now it just feels like it is intentional. Honestly, I'm probably going to cancel now due to this practice. My subscription renews tomorrow. I had 4 more courses planned through Study.com at least, 6 if I enjoyed it. Now it's looking like I'll go back to Straighterline for the rest. It is a shame since the content of the courses is actually pretty good.

I have to say, the super fast SL CS response really is good! I liked the chat option where they took care of the issue while we were still chatting.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
They just replied with "due to an administrative error, we sent your paper feedback to the wrong e-mail address". Twice?
My son took his first final with Study.com 5.5 days ago - grade is still pending. He was going to start the next course in the series, but instead he started and finished a Straighterline course all while waiting for his grade, and he started another one today. He just feels no interest in continuing with Study until he is sure he passed the first course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 165 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 514 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 263 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 853 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 475 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,143 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 550 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,284 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,715 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,852 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77