Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop and Tesu
I had my heart set on TESU, especially since my husband was attending there too. While my husband received credit for his Shmoop courses 2 days before they announced the change, they held off on approving any of mine. It had been a month to the day that I submitted my ACE transcript to TESU. I sent them an email 2 days before the change asking 'what's the hold up on my evaluation' and didn't really know what was going on. Well-- no DUH! I sure found out and it was ALL BAD. I missed the boat.

I plead my case and it was rejection after rejection. I started looking at the other Big 2. Made a degree plan and started on it for EC. UL after UL-- so I decided to send another email to TESU. Again, asking for another chance and explaining that I submitted the ACE long before the change was announced. This time I was told that I would be granted whatever was on that ACE and nothing more from Shmoop after this-- mind you I finished 2 more courses BEFORE the change at TESU. Either way-- I'll take it and RUN! 7 out of 10 courses-- not too shabby. I nearly cried when I saw them on my TESU evaluation.

Now I've got to switch gears again and hopefully the other courses that I've been working on for EC will fit into my plan at TESU. ugh

Anyway, just wanted to share. I am so excited now!! I need to enroll before the end of Feb- which I planned on finishing in the Spring anyhow!

I may post my plan once I get it put together to make sure I am on the right path.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like scout2family's post:
  • hsfamfun, jsd, peacel
Good news! Sorry about the lost 3 courses, but if it's still worth it for you to stick with TESU then I am happy you got a lucky break! Keep moving forward Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-08-2018, 11:46 PM)jsd Wrote: Good news! Sorry about the lost 3 courses, but if it's still worth it for you to stick with TESU then I am happy you got a lucky break! Keep moving forward Smile

Thank you! Keep moving forward is exactly right!!  Heart

I enrolled into the Dec Cornerstone-- so maybe after they review the rest of my updated transcripts the others will be added. Otherwise, I'll see about testing out on those courses?! Principles of Finance was one of them that I didn't get credit for, which I need for my BSBA-- and I don't want to retake the darn course. I'm trying to figure out my options.

As we all know, Shmoop courses are a PAIN to get thru(for most of us) and I felt like I went thru hell and back to pass and earn those credits. Like I should've received a badge of honor or something! LOL I'm just glad that I got to keep most of them. 

Keep on keepin' on!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
I got credit for 5 Shmoop courses. I was counting on doing almost my entire English Lit degree there and with the change now i'm not even sure if i'll finish it or just do something else maybe

Congrats on getting your 7 counted. I sure do wish I'd taken the time to do another 5 or so before the change but it just is what it is
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 872 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 580 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,439 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 620 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,324 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 577 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 253 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 260 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 278 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 742 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM