Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Credits & UMPI vs WGU
Hey guys! 

UMPI isn't going to accept my Saylor credits, but I believe WGU will.
I'm debating between re-taking them using Sophia and continuing my plan of attending UMPI, or if I should head on over to WGU.

*Cost isn't a concern at this point -- employer fully covers either option, and I'm already approved for subscriptions to Sophia and Study.com.
*Timing isn't a concern either
*Purely concerned about the additional hassle Big Grin

The credits are as follows:

-Principals of Management
-Introduction to Financial Accounting
-Principals of Microeconomics
-Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology
-Moral and Political Philosophy
-Principals of Marketing
-Business Law
-Corporate Communication

Any advice or opinions would be so wonderful -- thank you!!
Working on my BABA in Marketing from UMPI.
Check out my path & progress here!
Did UMPI tell you why they wouldn't accept your Saylor credits? They take ACE credit, so I'm wondering if you said Saylor but didn't specify that these were ACE credits on a Credly transcript. Also wondering if you talked to the right person at UMPI (I'm guessing you did not).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-16-2022, 07:19 PM)chattenoire Wrote: Hey guys! 

UMPI isn't going to accept my Saylor credits, but I believe WGU will.
I'm debating between re-taking them using Sophia and continuing my plan of attending UMPI, or if I should head on over to WGU.

*Cost isn't a concern at this point -- employer fully covers either option, and I'm already approved for subscriptions to Sophia and Study.com.
*Timing isn't a concern either
*Purely concerned about the additional hassle Big Grin

The credits are as follows:

-Principals of Management
-Introduction to Financial Accounting
-Principals of Microeconomics
-Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology
-Moral and Political Philosophy
-Principals of Marketing
-Business Law
-Corporate Communication

Any advice or opinions would be so wonderful -- thank you!!

UMPI has taken Principals of Management before, which comes in as BUS 330 Marketing Management.

So I don't know what you mean by "UMPI isn't going to accept my Saylor credits". They do take ACE credits.

I don't know what you mean by "but I believe WGU will". A transfer list shows exactly what Saylor courses will transfer to WGU.

https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...33&pid=136

For UMPI, it would be best to stick to the UMPI degree plan as we don't know how Saylor courses will fit into the degree plan. If they can't fit into a requirement, they will go into the free electives.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

I suggest making a spreadsheet laying out exactly what courses you will need to take for your degree before taking them.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
Shea Cushman -- she said they came over on my transcript, but that they didn't have credits awarded. She sent over a copy of the transcript and sure enough, no credits were listed.
Working on my BABA in Marketing from UMPI.
Check out my path & progress here!
(08-16-2022, 07:39 PM)chattenoire Wrote: Shea Cushman -- she said they came over on my transcript, but that they didn't have credits awarded. She sent over a copy of the transcript and sure enough, no credits were listed.

Did you just do the free certificates or did you pay (I think $5.00) for the proctored exams?
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
Could you please email Shea again and ask for a reason why these didn't come over? Saylor.org courses are ACE recommended for credit, unless you took them while they were non recommended for credit, it should come in. My suggestion is, if it doesn't come in, then take the courses over again at Sophia.org and transfer them to UMPI, continue on your current path.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would speak to your academic advisor. Shea handles YourPace admissions not transfer credit. Your academic advisor has a ton of experience with transfer credit. UMPI DOES accept Saylor credit. So far 3 courses have transferred in so something is off. Did you take the proctored exam?

BUS 203
Principles of Marketing
BUS 330
Marketing Management

CUST 105
Customer Service
GEL 1XX
General Elective

SOC 101
Introduction to Sociology
SOC 100
GLO25:LO2B, LO5A
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
(08-16-2022, 07:39 PM)chattenoire Wrote: Shea Cushman -- she said they came over on my transcript, but that they didn't have credits awarded. She sent over a copy of the transcript and sure enough, no credits were listed.

This still does not tell you WHY they didn't take them.

My guess is, you didn't have the credit put on a Credly transcript and then send that?  And they don't know what to do with "Saylor" credits since without the ACE/Credly badge, it's just a random thing.

Whenever someone tells you something, you need to ask "Why?" That will give you good solid information to go with.  "It wasn't on a Credly transcript" tells you information.  "We don't take that particular course" gives you information.  "The course was expired" gives you information.  "There was nowhere on the degree plan to put that course because you've used up all the space in free electives" gives you information.  "We did not do anything" gives you no information.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-17-2022, 03:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I would speak to your academic advisor. Shea handles YourPace admissions not transfer credit. Your academic advisor has a ton of experience with transfer credit. UMPI DOES accept Saylor credit. So far 3 courses have transferred in so something is off. Did you take the proctored exam?

BUS 203
Principles of Marketing
BUS 330
Marketing Management

CUST 105
Customer Service
GEL 1XX
General Elective

SOC 101
SOC 100
GLO25:LO2B, LO5A

Just an FYI - There's a few more now! I took in 2 PoliSci courses as first time transfers that they transferred in. However it seems now they put the details into 'Credly/ACE' group rather than the saylor.org in the transfer system
UMPI - BLS (Management and Political Science) - Start Aug 2022
Sophia - 64 Credits - Most classes done
Saylor - Intro to Poli Sci, Intro to Comparitive Politics, Customer Service
Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BABA Marketing from UMPI Raza Shah 0 76 09-22-2024, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Raza Shah
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 548 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  HELP!!!!!! Old Transfer Credits Kimbap 3 180 09-11-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BA Project Management Billyjoe2308 5 299 09-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Billyjoe2308
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 13 1,236 08-31-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Dr Tree Man
  Trying for Excelsior criminal justice with transfer credits and using Sophia mikefrank113 0 187 08-30-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: mikefrank113
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan,Urgent Help Needed! edward.ri 1 285 08-28-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,346 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Thumbs Up UMPI PM & IS Degree. Complete Newbie TooNee 10 897 08-25-2024, 12:17 AM
  Need help finding a graduate program that will take really old TV Production Credits lisarox 24 2,455 08-23-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: wow