Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNHU Culmination Experience- Sophia PHL-316 not accepted
(07-25-2024, 06:25 PM)ecomony Wrote:
(07-25-2024, 03:06 PM)Lo Packapunch Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 08:10 PM)ecomony Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 07:21 PM)Packapunch Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 11:05 AM)ecomony Wrote: I'm in the process of requesting that this be moved to Culmination, I'll update with how it goes!

Hey there! Any update on this? I’m going to be on the new catalog in a month and I’m super curious if this one will work.
They wouldn’t go any further with any transfer stuff (Like talking to the evaluation team, or appealing or anything unless I actually signed up for classes and paid. For that and cost reasons I selected UMPI. SNHU was too expensive for me to take that risk and have to spend 910 on another class.
Ah bummer, ok… I‘ll give it a shot myself in a couple months when I complete my other gen eds and update here. Thanks for the response
I would recommend taking Intro to Ethics on Sophia and seeing if PHL 316 will go into the Culmination spot if Intro to Ethics is on there. I have heard from various online sources (Reddit posts, not primary sources) that it will, but I couldn’t get a clear recent answer from SNHU. I did NOT take intro to ethics first (I have since, and it’s not hard) so that may have been a mistake on my part.
Yeah that’s my understanding… I’ve already taken Intro to Ethics. Should come in as PHL-212 on the new catalog and take that ethics spot. Once I get all the other gen eds done and only PHL-316 is left, I’ll take and transfer that in. There’s a remarkable amount of confusion around the new catalog.
There are many ways to meet the Culmination Experience (CLME) requirements.

When you look at the website, you might assume that they only accept specific courses, such as HIS330 - Civil War and Reconstruction (3), which is Study.com's History 106: Civil War & Reconstruction course.
https://www.snhu.edu/admission/academic-...0b132c7c48
https://www.snhu.edu/admission/transferr...xperiences

In fact, they accept many courses, which you will see once you undergo an evaluation.

[Image: ongoing-cs-major-here-can-phl316-fulfill...85af14eb0a]

SNHU allows you to transfer in credits after you start taking courses, though it's best to get as many credits transferred beforehand as possible. You can get your money back if you pay for courses but haven't yet started your term.
https://www.snhu.edu/consumer-informatio...wal-policy

"During Week 1 (Drop period): No tuition charged or 100% refund if full payment is submitted"

Advocate for yourself, and don't get discouraged if you run into bad advisors, no matter what college you attend.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • jg_nuy
(07-08-2024, 09:46 AM)ecomony Wrote: I need to complete one of the following at SNHU in the Culmination Experience Gen Ed category:

Still needed: 1 Class in @ @ ATTRIBUTE = CLME or ENG 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer = Y
or HIS 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer = Y or IDS 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer= Y or LIT 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer = Y or PHL 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer = Y or POL 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer = Y or PSY 3@ Transfer= Y or 4@ Transfer = Y or SCS 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer = Y or SOC 3@ Transfer = Y or 4@ Transfer = Y

I took PHL-316 on Sophia (Business Ethics) and it was NOT transferred in as Culmination Experience. It was transferred in as Ethical Thought and Equity even though I thought I had other classes that could have transferred to that.  

I asked my advisor about it and he said PHL-316 does NOT transfer to Culmination Experience.

Before I go any further with appealing or whatever I wanted to post here and see if anyone else has noticed this no longer transfers, because it still says on the wiki that it does. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...ts_Roadmap

I have a community college class that I think will transfer to EETH therefore moving PHL 316 to Culmination. I just haven't completed that one yet so I didn't transfer it yet. Will it move automatically once I transfer it in?

PHL-316 will fulfill the Culmination Experience requirement. SNHU just fills requirements in the order they appear on your course list. If you have another course that can fulfill the Ethical Thought and Equity requirement you can transfer that in and your PHL-316 course will be moved to Culmination. I had the same issue with my initial eval but once I transferred in Study.com's Ethics in the Social Sciences course my Business Ethics course moved to Culmination Experience. Hope this helps!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SNHU India & International Affiliates asthewindblows 26 1,013 09-05-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TAMUC - Accepted KagomeH 1 306 08-09-2024, 05:44 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  SNHU CS Degree plan Dheerajsyz 7 532 07-22-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  International Student in SNHU FullFocus 13 1,131 07-18-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU IDS-105 requirement sole13 5 472 07-10-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: sole13
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 2,295 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 1,065 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 2,591 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Using Guild for CS at SNHU Yoloangie40 17 2,504 09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Arizona - Sophia (ACE) Guide dy4242 11 1,792 09-15-2023, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger