Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
SDC: Courses with Assignments - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: SDC: Courses with Assignments (/Thread-SDC-Courses-with-Assignments)

SDC: Courses with Assignments - legenwait4itdary - 06-04-2024

Hi guys,

I am glad to see that some courses on SDC will now include assignments (I think Into to Programming is one of the courses which will now include assignments) which I enjoy more than exams.

I am currently doing Business 303: Management Information Systems and have completed 2 assignments out of 3 (decent scores, was marked down 2 points for writing 3800 words instead of 1000 lol) which I actually enjoyed.

But I have a couple of questions:

1. My assignments well marked pretty quickly. The comments are legit and in line with what the good points/problems with my assignments were but they were marked rather quickly (I mean like half an hour or so). I got an email with my score and I was told to keep this email. Is it likely that my score for the assignments will change once I take the final and everything is once again verified?
2. Assignments + Quizzes are worth 200 points. Say I get a total of 180 for both. Does it mean that I need just 30 questions on my final to pass the course?

I am sorry if my questions sound stupid, I just want to have the whole picture of what is needed in order to pass courses that include assignments.

Thank you once again for your great help!

RE: SDC: Courses with Assignments - jg_nuy - 06-04-2024

1. no they don’t change the scores unless you choose to resubmit
2. Yes

RE: SDC: Courses with Assignments - legenwait4itdary - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 01:45 AM)jg_nuy Wrote: 1. no they don’t change the scores unless you choose to resubmit
2. Yes

Thank you! The grading was super fast. Like there was someone actually available right away and looked at my assignment right away. I am not complaining, just saying it was super quick.

RE: SDC: Courses with Assignments - bjcheung77 - 06-04-2024

1) All the points remain the same throughout the course, so if you do a certain % on the quizzes/exam, that doesn't change when you finish the course.
2) You need a total of 210 out of 300, it won't really matter how much you slice the pie from quizzes, exam, to assignments, it needs to add up.
There have been changes to Study.com, previously it was a week or two, nowadays, it can be much better or quicker. It also depends on a set of various factors...

RE: SDC: Courses with Assignments - legenwait4itdary - 06-05-2024

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have completed all 3 assignments and scored 92 points overall which I am very happy with. I overdid assignment 2 as it was close to 4000 words long.

It was a lot of work, though. I made sure I had a lot of resources and most of them were from very reliable sources (I also, as required, had peer-reviewed journals in all my assignments).

If you think you can ask ChatGPT to write the assignments for you, you are mistaken. They require a bit of research and references - something ChatGPT won't give you.

I also did the assignments before I did the lessons - for me, it worked better as I learned a lot by doing the assignments so now some of the lessons seem easier.

Overall, I am pretty happy and I am looking at 18-20 points on the final to pass the course which is pretty good Smile

RE: SDC: Courses with Assignments - bjcheung77 - 06-05-2024

Great stuff! I usually do the quizzes first, final second, then the assignments... people do things differently, others like to do the final last, whatever floats your boat and gets you to the finish line for the classes is the way you want to get things done. Good work in getting the class done your way...