Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick study.com question
I am liking the study.com video format (for those irl professors I've talked to who say these ACP credit earning sites are subprime education, I beg to differ -- these "teachers" don't go off on tangents about their sore finger, dog with a uti, etc. :p ), but the s-l-o-w recorded speaking is driving me up the wall banghead. eta: I am originally from Ohio. And a large family. Think "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" style. We can talk FAST and can listen to relatively fast speaking as well.

I think I saw someone mention (jsd??) that it is possible to watch the videos at a fast forward pace. Can someone please explain to me how to play the videos faster (even 2x would be fine)?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Just looking at one of the vids now I can't see the speed button, but I'm 99% sure my son watched these on 1 1/2 speed
It definitely wasn't me that said this, as this was definitely something I dealt with too.

Lots of online courses use YouTube videos, and I often up the speed on those lectures, but I was bummed that I didn't have a way to do that with Study.com. I switched back and forth between watching the videos and reading the transcript when I got too sick of the vids.

Though the rest of what Study.com has to offer made that a minor enough of an issue that I was able to look past it. Hopefully someone else knows a way to help you speed it up.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks guys!

I don't know if I'll find anything out this way: I just set up a ticket through their system with a question about this Wink
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
The reply took a while, but it basically is that they 'have no idea how to make the videos faster to view but good luck and enjoy'. So I haven't been utilizing them as often as I would be otherwise.

I have to say that some of the teachers do speak at a normal speed. It's the ones who are s-l-o-w or try to make it super cutesy that are annoying (I keep hoping I'm learning enough to pass the nutrition TECEP... sometimes I feel like the info is presented in a manner that would be age appropriate for my 5th grader). Or when they pronounce words oddly. For instance repeatedly saying the word "iron" as 'eye-Ron' instead of 'i-urn' ... or maybe that's a geographical pronunciation issue.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Do you use Google chrome? This plugin might work on study.com, but I didn't know about it back then. I think someone else mentioned a plugin for this in a different thread, this is the first one I could find. If you use Firefox or a different browser, you might be able to find something similar with a Google search

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...ppdk?hl=en
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'll check it out -- thanks!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,327 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 166 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,758 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 349 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 514 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 269 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,971 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 230 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 264 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 496 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM