Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about English Comp exams ?
I failed the one without essay, so can I take the one with essay ? I know you have to wait 6 months after failing, but arent they considered diffrent (seperate) tests?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
That's a good question....I don't know whether or not you can take the essay version immediately after failing the non-essay version. I have a feeling that you will have to wait six months, but I'm not sure.

The CollegeBoard website states this:

Important Note: The College-Level Examination Program has a policy that candidates may not repeat a CLEP exam of the same title within six months. Scores of exams repeated earlier than six months will be canceled and test fees forfeited.

As for your situation, I would contact The College Board directly and find out the answer. Also, I've heard that the test with the essay is easier than the one without. Smile
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
I think CLEP English Composition with or without essay is the same test and you will not be able to retake it. However, you CAN take the CLEP Freshman College Composition, with or without essay, instead, since it is a different test, although very similar to CLEP English Comp. Hope this helps!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
alissaroot Wrote:I think CLEP English Composition with or without essay is the same test and you will not be able to retake it. However, you CAN take the CLEP Freshman College Composition, with or without essay, instead, since it is a different test, although very similar to CLEP English Comp. Hope this helps!

That's true...I had forgotten about the Freshman Comp test. You may be able to substitute Freshman Comp for English Comp without having to wait the six months. I've heard the pass rate for Freshman Comp is very high (94% for the general public).
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,742 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,616 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 335 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 246 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,926 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 464 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 346 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 478 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine