Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production/Operations Management and Business Policy advice for Excelsior
How do you enroll for the CSU Pueblo course? Do you have to fill out an application first? What's the easiest way?
Form is here.

Link to CSU independent study main site, where there is more general info.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
Thanks MISin08!
Can anyone who has enrolled at TESC and used this CSU Pueblo course or has verified recently that it will be accepted for the Operations Management let me know? I saw where it was accepted through EC, but am wondering about TESC.

Thanks.
Horsemaniac
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
So does anyone know if Operations Management from CSU Pueblo (Mgmt311) is accepted by TESC?
Yes, it's accepted by TESC.
Thanks! Smile
At CSU Pueblo I know that the 311, 468 and 485 course were accepted last year for me.
I wanted to give a quick update on this course in the hopes it might give some guidance to others.

1st Prof. Billington was very responsive, AE & Exams were graded quickly and fairly.

Like the feedback in the OM word Doc in the thread earlier, I also lost points on Exam 3. I also lost some points in the MRP table, if i was careful and reviewed it once more prior to sending it I should have caught it. I should have asked the professor for some clarification on a few exam questions. Overall I only had points deducted on 3 questions for the whole course, so not too shabby.

I also worked all of the math by hand and verified it with the Excel OM software. I submitted all work in .doc files with JPG screenshots of Excel or Visio. The rest of the OM word Doc is spot on.

I also wanted to talk about the Operations Management textbook. IF YOU BUY THE FLEXIBLE EDITION (i.e. paperback with 3 ring binding holes) YOU MUST HAVE THE LECTURE GUIDE BOOK ALSO. The main "flexible edition" text lacks case studies you will need to read and questions you will need to work. They are in the lecture guide book. Thankfully I had those, BUT the PAGE NUMBERS cited in the Exams are different (I hope you can use a book index... this is college after all Smile ). You're also running the risk of the previous owner ripping out the pages, so keep that in mind. You wont need a book with the software CD as its posted in this thread. I did get the CD & DVDs but never used the physical media.

After missing those 2 items and one other minor mistake on Exam 4, I scored 975/1000 - A.

Final point : Though prerequisites are not checked... you are doing yourself a disservice if you dont take Statistics. I took the DSST and scored well, but I didnt just cram for the subject, I thoroughly studied it (still it was a difficult exam I thought I failed, go figure - see my post on that). I also want to say that was a very fortunate decision because its paid off in nearly every exam or class since. If you go for your Business Administration degree, do yourself a favor and get a level of mastery in statistics!
I've seen several people on here who have completed the CSU-Peublo 311 course. I was wondering if someone could assist with a problem. I am having a very hard time with these problems.
Here's the problem:

1. Sammy Sleaze has decided to illegally copy CD’s to sell in his CD store. There are several possible CD copiers that sales reps have shown him. Machine A has a fixed cost of $900 with a variable cost of $1 per unit. Machine B has a fixed cost of $3500 with a variable cost of $0.85 per unit. Machine C has a fixed cost of $10,000 with a variable cost of $0.40 per unit.

a. Mathematically calculate the point (in CD’s copied) at which the total costs are equal between machines A and B. You must show your work for full credit.

b. Mathematically calculate the point (in CD’s copied) at which the total costs are equal between machines A and C. You must show your work for full credit.

c. Mathematically calculate the point (in CD’s copied) at which the total costs are equal between machines B and C. You must show your work for full credit.

d. For each machine A, B and C, draw the total cost lines on the graph included. Label all important points. Please turn the page 90 degrees clockwise for best fit of the data on the graph. Neatness and proper scaling count.

e. Write a decision rule for selection of machines based on anticipated number of CD’s copied

I have all the excel OM software but there are so many files, I'm not sure which one to use, if any...Thank you so much for the assistance. Not really looking for the answers, I just can't figure this out.

Thanks again,

- Steve

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,016 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,705 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,710 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 2,081 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,477 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 2,076 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 5,447 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 5,066 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,437 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun