Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production/Operations Management and Business Policy advice for Excelsior
You're welcome. Good luck with the course!
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
Can anyone advise how much/what level of math the CSU-Pueblo class involves? The subject can be taught with a little...or a lot...I have an intimidating doorstop of a book on the shelf here, that I hope isn't the level we're talking about.
I'm trying to figure out the sequence, whether I can do well in this before I take Algebra, or should wait. Thanks!
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
MISin08 Wrote:Can anyone advise how much/what level of math the CSU-Pueblo class involves? The subject can be taught with a little...or a lot...I have an intimidating doorstop of a book on the shelf here, that I hope isn't the level we're talking about.
I'm trying to figure out the sequence, whether I can do well in this before I take Algebra, or should wait. Thanks!

The last SERIOUS math I saw was in 1986 and I didn't have trouble with any of the CSU-Pueblo math. If you read through this thread (I realize that it's LOOOONNNGGG) you'll see some other commentary on this issue I believe. My recollection is that the software does all of the heavy lifting. In fact, on more than a few occassions, I input numbers into one of the Excel templates and it spit out whatever it spit out and that's what I used as my answer--often times the whole spreadsheet. Good luck.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
Anyone actually taken this class? Lots of talk about it. I am starting today. Any feedback on the course? Thanks
[SIZE="5"]Thee Ivan[/SIZE]
mark@ivanrox.com
ivanjak Wrote:Anyone actually taken this class? Lots of talk about it. I am starting today. Any feedback on the course? Thanks

Yes. Many people who contributed to this thread have taken the course.

I started one on 495 earlier, but not too much feedback on it.
Joe

Excelsior BSB Aug 21, 2009
Epiphany Wrote:Yes. Many people who contributed to this thread have taken the course.

I started one on 495 earlier, but not too much feedback on it.
People just move on and forget about us undergrads. I'll try and leave some feedback as I move forward.
mark@ivanrox.com
ivanjak Wrote:People just move on and forget about us undergrads. I'll try and leave some feedback as I move forward.

Click on the "Operations Mgmt." link in my signature and see if that provides the info. you are seeking.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
barcotta Wrote:Click on the "Operations Mgmt." link in my signature and see if that provides the info. you are seeking.
Thanks, I am looking for info on the Business Policy 495 course at Excelsior. Looks like you finished there but took that as a TECEP exam. It is now required to take at Excelsior for BS in Business. No way around it.
mark@ivanrox.com
It's very annoying and very much against what Excelsior College stood for, facilitating the higher education process.

I took the TECEP version on the last allowed date (31st of August) and there's a very good chance that I won't be passing. It bugs me to think that I would have to take the 15-week alternative (not to mention the extra cost).

I'm not sure if this has been attempted but I think Excelsior business students should petition the school about this decision.
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
gus Wrote:It's very annoying and very much against what Excelsior College stood for, facilitating the higher education process.

I took the TECEP version on the last allowed date (31st of August) and there's a very good chance that I won't be passing. It bugs me to think that I would have to take the 15-week alternative (not to mention the extra cost).

I'm not sure if this has been attempted but I think Excelsior business students should petition the school about this decision.
Think I'll get a refund?Rolleyes I am still lamenting the Managerial Accounting CLEP going the wayside as I am finishing up that course Independent Study Style.
mark@ivanrox.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,017 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,705 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,710 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 2,081 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,477 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 2,076 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 5,447 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 5,066 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,437 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun