Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production/Operations Management and Business Policy advice for Excelsior
I got my grade back from the professor tonight I got an A in ops mgmt Smile
Judy -
AS - Computer Science - Andover college
BS - Mgmt Information Systems -June 08
MS - Info Systems Mgmt - Start Aug 08 - UMBC
jec959 Wrote:I got my grade back from the professor tonight I got an A in ops mgmt Smile

Congratulations Judy!

Another step closer,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Great job!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
jec959 Wrote:I got my grade back from the professor tonight I got an A in ops mgmt Smile

Just a heads up to anyone weak in creating charts, Excel etc. If creating Pareto charts or any type of chart is a problem for you, I don't believe this class is for you. I completely understand the info the professor wants and what info needs to go in what box. Trying to get it in there is another thing. This is my BIGGEST weakness in school because I have never worked w/any of these. My experience is very limited in this area. The course is not hard but if your weakness is like mine, you may want to reconsider taking this course. Does anyone agree? I have spent a LOT of time trying to figure how you put colors in a Pareto chart, that's how far behind in this type of stuff I am. I absolutely hate charts, if your like me, stay away. On top of this my kid is next to me screaming which really makes it hard. School at 49 is a bear......
On the CD that came with the class you can install the POM & OM installs it creates the charts for you pick them out of the operations management dropdown. This will create everything for you and draw the charts you won't have to add anything to it.
Judy -
jec959 Wrote:On the CD that came with the class you can install the POM & OM installs it creates the charts for you pick them out of the operations management dropdown. This will create everything for you and draw the charts you won't have to add anything to it.
Appreciate it. If it works, your not a Knight, I crown you King.
I hope it works for you, how do you think I managed to get an A in this class. Especially since I haven't taken statistics yet and the software calculates that for you too.Smile
Judy -
Gary Wrote:Judy, is a Control chart a Pareto chart?

You can see a sample thats used if you have the cd that came with the book. You will need to install the Active Models. Launch it. It will open excel then click on "Menu" from first screen at top within the excel document. Then click on the "Managing Quality" link. Model 6.1. Then click on pareto chart.

You can use it and modify to fill with the problem info.
The professors website had a lot of information on it as well, lecture notes, slides, and homework answers etc.

MGMT 311 Corr

I printed the homework paper for the pareto chart and simply hand drew that one and got all credit on it. I also used the method of bringing up samples and making changes as well.
Judy -
How are you getting documents through to the professor? I have been trying for hours and everything is getting stopped by the school firewall. Ive even broken down the 1st exam into 8 separate emails and still cant get through :mad:
[SIZE="1"]
Excelsior Business Degree finished 6/5/08
Principles Of Management Clep: 72
Principles of Macro-Economics Clep: 58
Business Law Clep: 68
Organizational Behavior ECE: B
Principles Of Accounting Clep : 52
Human Resource Management ECE: C
Ethics ECE: A
Operations Management (Pueblo): A
MIS DSST: A
Info Systems & Computer App Clep: 63
Drug and Alcohol Abuse DSST: A
Principles Of Finance DSST: A
Business Policy TECEP: PASS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,016 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,705 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,710 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 2,080 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,477 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 2,076 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 5,447 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 5,066 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,437 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun