Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production/Operations Management and Business Policy advice for Excelsior
Hey Rob,

Congratulations on another A and good luck on the WER course.

Mike
snazzlefrag Wrote:Hi All,

I just got my grade back for Colorado State University's "Operations Management" course (MGMT 311).

It took me about a month to complete all 18 assignments and the four exams (take home, open book).

It was a chellenging course, made moreso because the professor was away on vacation for the entire month it took me to complete the coursework. However, the fact that I was able to complete the course without any input or feedback from the professor, should tell you that this course is definitely nothing to be afraid of.

My professor came back from his vacation today and immediately set about grading all my work...I ended up with an A. Yippee!
hilarious

FYI:
Astonishingly, it looks like the cost of all CSU online courses went up from $297 to $417. I don't know when this happened, but it is quite a significant price jump. I must have just made it into the course before they changed their prices.

Anyway, if anybody is considering taking the OM course at CSU, I would certainly recommend it to you (except that the cost might more of an issue now).

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
Wow, glad I already enrolled. I barely have had a chance to crack the book, but I am glad I signed up!
Previous Credits:
Traditional 57
CLEP English w/essay 6
Heriot-Watt MBA 7 Modules + 1 Tenative Compensatory Pass

IC Study Credits:
Info. Systems & Comp Apps. CLEP 68
Principles of Marketing CLEP 79
Principles of Management CLEP 73
Working On B.S. Marketing from Excelsior & finishing MBA from Heriot-Watt
Total Credits to Date: 86
skwiggey Wrote:Wow, glad I already enrolled. I barely have had a chance to crack the book, but I am glad I signed up!

It's a shame that many people probably postponed their registration in the Ops Management course because the professor was on vacation. Now they will have to pay almost $120 more for waiting. Sad Who could have known :confused:
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
Gosh $417!!! :eek: Such a steep hike?? I'm also one of the victims of procrastination... I guess this course no more works out cheaper than the TECEP exam if you add the cost of the book to the tuition money. Does anybody know of a sub-$400 (anything cheaper) alternative to fulfill EC's requirement?
damn, i guess not Sad

srijay Wrote:Gosh $417!!! :eek: Such a steep hike?? I'm also one of the victims of procrastination... I guess this course no more works out cheaper than the TECEP exam if you add the cost of the book to the tuition money. Does anybody know of a sub-$400 (anything cheaper) alternative to fulfill EC's requirement?
[SIZE="1"]
Excelsior Business Degree finished 6/5/08
Principles Of Management Clep: 72
Principles of Macro-Economics Clep: 58
Business Law Clep: 68
Organizational Behavior ECE: B
Principles Of Accounting Clep : 52
Human Resource Management ECE: C
Ethics ECE: A
Operations Management (Pueblo): A
MIS DSST: A
Info Systems & Computer App Clep: 63
Drug and Alcohol Abuse DSST: A
Principles Of Finance DSST: A
Business Policy TECEP: PASS
srijay Wrote:Gosh $417!!! :eek: Such a steep hike?? I'm also one of the victims of procrastination... I guess this course no more works out cheaper than the TECEP exam if you add the cost of the book to the tuition money. Does anybody know of a sub-$400 (anything cheaper) alternative to fulfill EC's requirement?

Sorry Sirjay, I wish I did.

There are certainly other independent study courses at other colleges and universities, but I don't know anything about them. Maybe I can find the time to do some research and I'll post as many options as I can find. I'll get back with this thread later with whatever I can dig up.

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

I haven't had much time to research, but the alternatives that I have found were more expensive.

Ohio Univ. = $604

Upper Iowa Univ. = $897

... still much more expensive than CSU-Pueblo ($417).

If anyone has knowledge of, or is willing to research, alternatives that meet the Production/Operations Management requirement, please chime in.Smile

CSU-Pueblo may still be the best thing going, even at $417.

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

auminer49r Wrote:I haven't had much time to research, but the alternatives that I have found were more expensive.

Ohio Univ. = $604

Upper Iowa Univ. = $897

... still much more expensive than CSU-Pueblo ($417).

If anyone has knowledge of, or is willing to research, alternatives that meet the Production/Operations Management requirement, please chime in.Smile

CSU-Pueblo may still be the best thing going, even at $417.

Thanks for looking into it. I've made up my mind that I'd go for CSU-Pueblo. Considering the fact that the course doesn't require a proctored exam and it's graded (high possibility of getting an A), it beats the rest of the options.
What is the best way to enroll in single classes at CSU Pueblo? Via online PDF form or phone call?
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
hunter2115 Wrote:What is the best way to enroll in single classes at CSU Pueblo? Via online PDF form or phone call?

I think that over the phone would be the easiest. I enrolled in a class over the phone in about 15 minutes.

Out of curiosity... Which independent study course are you going for?

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,017 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,705 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,710 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 2,081 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,477 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 2,076 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 5,447 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 5,066 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,437 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun