Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production/Operations Management and Business Policy advice for Excelsior
To summarize this thread based on my experience and feedback from others.

I had a good experience with CSU-Pueblo's MGMT 311. HOWEVER, since I took the course, the feedback times have been reported to be less consistent. I wouldn't proceed without communicating with someone who is currently in the course or just finished it recently. They are out there; ask around. I can think of a few.Wink

The CSU Business Policy capstone syllabus was very intimidating. I decided not to be a martyr, so I took the TECEP business policy exam yesterday. I think that I made the right choice... for me anyway. I asked a lot of questions and got a lot of good advice here in this forum.Cool

Just because I was intimidated, doesn't mean it was justified. Business Policy at CSU-Pueblo may be a decent option. I just haven't heard any reviews or any feedback on it, yet.Rolleyes
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
I just finished the Ops Mgmt class thru Col State. I found it just like you said. The response time were great. I would very much recommend the course.

auminer49r,

I've been waiting to see about your review of the TECEP exam for Buisness Policy before I decide which way to go. After you've had time to think about it, maybe you could give us an idea on the test. Thanks for all your prior advice.
PCCLEP and others,
I took the TECEP Business Policy exam the other day and I think I did well. Many of the 30 multiple choice questions are common sense... or at least they are obvious once you've scanned the material for a couple of weeks.

Would I recommend it? Well, it is an expensive exam and there is a lot of material to learn. I am personally happy I took it, but it did require some time and effort studying.

In terms of learning material to study and know, I would say that it compares to CLEP Macroeconomics, in my opinion. That should give you a rough idea.

Here is a link to the online study guide for the book that was used as the basis for this TECEP exam: http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/00...emap.html?

If you go through each chapter learning the key points, concepts, and understanding the powerpoint presentations, you will certainly do well. Also, check the Exam Specific Feedback section of this forum. The members who have posted information about this exam are dead on!!

I hope it helps with your decision. Smile
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
Thanks for the feedback. Let us know how the results turn out. I'm sure you did well.

I've got to take Prin of Finance next & either Business Law II or Money & Banking. After those two tests, I've got to make a choice on Business Policy. After hearing your thoughts on the test, I'm leaning that way.

Thanks again.
So is anyone taking 485?
[SIZE="1"]
Excelsior Business Degree finished 6/5/08
Principles Of Management Clep: 72
Principles of Macro-Economics Clep: 58
Business Law Clep: 68
Organizational Behavior ECE: B
Principles Of Accounting Clep : 52
Human Resource Management ECE: C
Ethics ECE: A
Operations Management (Pueblo): A
MIS DSST: A
Info Systems & Computer App Clep: 63
Drug and Alcohol Abuse DSST: A
Principles Of Finance DSST: A
Business Policy TECEP: PASS
brownstien Wrote:So is anyone taking 485?

[The sound of crickets in the distance]

Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

hilarious
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I'm calling Excelsior on Monday to see if I can use this CSU-Pueblo Eng101 class to fill their WER.

I dread taking the Excelsior exam in written long hand at a proctored location in Europe. I can't write at all anymore, but typing is no problem!

I'll feedback here if I can use their course. It's just 5 essays and no proctored exam, and you can do it as fast as you want...
ridin8ude Wrote:I'm calling Excelsior on Monday to see if I can use this CSU-Pueblo Eng101 class to fill their WER.

I dread taking the Excelsior exam in written long hand at a proctored location in Europe. I can't write at all anymore, but typing is no problem!

I'll feedback here if I can use their course. It's just 5 essays and no proctored exam, and you can do it as fast as you want...

Hi ridin8ude,

I think I can answer this in advance of the official word from Excelsior. They WILL accept the CSU English course for the WER. Let us know how it goes if you do decide to do the course. I am considering it myself.

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
ridin8ude Wrote:I'm calling Excelsior on Monday to see if I can use this CSU-Pueblo Eng101 class to fill their WER.
ridin,

If you do decide to take the CSU course, be sure to ask Excelsior to document their acceptance of the course by listing it in the "Approved Courses" section of your "MyEC" account.

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
JoAnne,
Thanks for the piece of advice.

I just spoke with Excelsior, and they have confirmed that Eng 101 from CSU Pueblo will meet their WER requirement. I also confirmed at the same time that MGMT 301 and 311 will also be accepted.

She's already added all these courses to my approved courses list.

The Eng 101 course looks great. Books not too expensive, and only 5 essays. Prefer to do this than have to fight with written exam at a proctored testing site somewhere in Europe.

She also confirmed the Biz Strategy course requirement as from Sept 1st for all new Bachelor's enrollments...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,016 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,705 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,710 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 2,080 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,477 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 2,076 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 5,447 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 5,066 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,437 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun