Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre WGU help with credits pleaseeee
I was previously going to attend UMPI but I didn't get the help I needed to feel like that was the right fit for me.  (my previous post was in UMPI thread) So I have applied to WGU and looking to start there soon to finish this bachelors finally, then move to Masters.  I was told from WGU that because I have my Associates Degree from my local Junior College that I dont need any pre-req's.  

What I need help with is figuring out which degree will let me finish FASTEST according to the credits I already have.  I'm leaning towards either Marketing, Human Resources, or Business Management.  I have career knowledge in each of these fields, so any of the 3 would suffice. 

Also, what can I take at Study.com to knock out some classes before enrolling? 

Your Location: Chicago, United States
Your Age: well over the age of 21 lol
What kind of degree do you want?: Business Admin - leadership & mgmt 
Current Regional Accredited Credits:  Associate of General Studies from my local junior college

Total 86 credits
SPCH 101 - Principles of Speech 3 Credits - A
PSYC 101 - General Psych 3 cr - A
BLAW 101 - Business Law I 3 cr - B
MATH 101 - Business Math 3 cr - A
ENG 101 - Rhetoric 3 cr - A
CIS 122 - Computer Info Systems 4 cr - B
CIS 126 - MS Office 3 cr - A
CIS 116 - Intro to Internet 1 cr - A
CIS 117 - Intro to Multimedia 1 cr - A
SPAN 101 - Elem. Spanish I 4 cr - A
CIS 145 - Fundamentals of N 2 cr - A
ECON 107 - Consumer Economics 3 cr - A
GEOG 111 - Phys Geog/Weather Climate 4 cr - C
CIS 164 - Intro to Windows 1 cr - A
CIS 216 - WWW HOmepage 1 cr - A
CIS 152 - Database Mgmt 3 cr - A
CIS 218 - Intro to eCommerce 2 cr - B
CIS 220 - Web Design Using HTML 1 cr - A
CIS 275 - PC Troubleshooting 4 cr - B
CIS 150 - Business Graphics 3 cr - A
SOC 101 - Intro to Sociology 3 cr - B
MATH 098 - Intermediate ALgebra 4 cr - B
ENG 102 - Rhetoric 3 cr - B
ART 109 - Intro to Visual Arts 3 cr - A
PSYC 208 - Social Psych 3 cr - B
ENG 190 - Intro to Film Study 3 cr - A
SOC 240 - Comparitive Religions 3 cr - B
BUS 101 - Intro to Business 3 cr - B
MATH 127 - Math for General Education 3 cr - A
BIO 144 - Into to Human Biology 3 cr - C
PSYC 210 - Child/Adolescent Development 3 cr - B

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 
-Study.com- 
Business 107 - Org Beh
Pol Sci 102 - Amer Govt
Hist 308 - Vietnam War
Business 113 - Bus Comm
Psychology 106 - Abnormal Psych
Finance 102 - Pers Fin 

-Sophia-
SOPH-0021 BUS1200 - Developing Effective Teams

-ALEKS-
ALEK-0003 MAT 109 - Coll Algebra (cant get this to transfer over for some reason though :/ )

Any certifications or military experience?  ITIL and Six Sigma
Budget: Whatever....I will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during my off days as long as my schedule is free. I can also study a bit at work during down time.  I can commit to 10 hrs a week, possibly more.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal so I cane move to a masters.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No assistance

Heart Heart   THANK YOU FOR ANY & ALL ADVICE!!!  Heart Heart
Here is the most recent plan for WGU for the BBA IT management:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

You will want to confirm their partners pages for any changes since that plan from last year and whether they might have an agreement with your community college for transfers:
https://partners.wgu.edu/home

Sophia: https://partners.wgu.edu/transfer-pathwa...instId=796
Study dot com: https://partners.wgu.edu/transferring-pa...instId=678

I'd also recommend putting together a spreadsheet to lay out your current credits, what you plan to take at Sophia and/or Study, that way you can visualize what you might be missing.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(07-05-2024, 01:16 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Here is the most recent plan for WGU for the BBA IT management:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

You will want to confirm their partners pages for any changes since that plan from last year and whether they might have an agreement with your community college for transfers:
https://partners.wgu.edu/home

Sophia: https://partners.wgu.edu/transfer-pathwa...instId=796
Study dot com: https://partners.wgu.edu/transferring-pa...instId=678

I'd also recommend putting together a spreadsheet to lay out your current credits, what you plan to take at Sophia and/or Study, that way you can visualize what you might be missing.

I am not interested in the IT degree.
You can use the partners page to figure out your options. Good luck.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
Basically, WGU only has 4 schools, Business, IT, Nursing, Teaching.  jg_juy mentioned the BBA IT as an example, you can review the partners.wgu.edu webpage for all providers that can transfer into the degree of your choice.  They have BBA in multiple areas of study, you make your degree plan by following the website and also the WIKI has plans for your reference as well, create your own spreadsheet referencing both to max your transfer credit... Furthermore, we don't know your evaluation, if you haven't posted it or linked us to it, we don't know what's remaining in the degree you want to get.  Here's your previous thread for reference, I still think it's better with UMPI vs WGU, but it's your choice: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...etion-Help
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
What help were you looking for with UMPI? I ask because you're in awesome shape for UMPI.
I know it's too late now, but next time you should probably remove the irrelevant courses from your course history in your post - the reason why people are suggesting stuff like a tech degree is because you listed that you have taken tech courses (that are not going to transfer in to any Business degree).

"With your previous credits" might not matter.
1) There is no guarantee any of your credits will transfer in the first place unless they're specifically from a school WGU has a credit transfer agreement with which has been tested and proven. I've now gone to 6 or 7 universities and the only ones that accepted any credits I had, had official partnerships with that specific school already.
2) Any credits more than 5 years old won't transfer into WGU - not sure how old yours are.
3) It's not about the number of classes you have left in the subject, it's about which subject is easiest for you. There are people who finished each one of the various Business majors within one single week. In my case I find Marketing ridiculously easy so I would choose Marketing if I were in your place and wanted "any Business degree" ASAP.

I would also take a look at the course listings and see if there are any courses that sound irritating or boring to you. For example I'm disabled and a minority in several categories and am sick of people and business management courses giving lip service about inclusive practices but no one is actually putting it into practice during hiring and at the workplace. At a glance, I would feel very irritated having to do the "Inclusive Workplace Capstone" required in the Master's of Human Resources degree, and that would slow my progress down. However there is nothing irritating to me in the MBA or Master's of Marketing degree. (I know you're going in for a Bachelor's but the concept is the same.)

I applied to WGU for a Master's. From application to start date, the whole process only took me 1 month. I imagine if you are trying to complete courses at places like Sophia it may take 2 months as you have to wait for the credit transfer process (since you can't transfer credits while actively attending WGU). At WGU if you know the subject you can finish all the classes without doing any of the reading, and you can finish any degree they have without internship within 1 term - I complete an average of 1 CU a day and I don't have much career experience in my field (Education). So I think there's no real need to take courses at Sophia or Study.com, it may actually end up wasting you some time if it costs an extra month to transfer the credits and if some of those classes end up not transferring in anyways.
Complete: 1) Trade school - Hospitality, Bartending. 2) Swedish BA - Japanese. 3) ENEB MA - Hotel, Project Management, MBA. 4) JLPT N1, 120-hour TEFL, TISUS, substitute teacher license
In Progress: 1) WGU MA - Education for teacher licensure. 2) Mastercurssos MA - Child Development.
My ENEB ambassador/affiliate links: MBA + Masters or 2 Masters, & 1 Master's or 1 MBA.
(07-05-2024, 10:36 PM)nykorn Wrote: I know it's too late now, but next time you should probably remove the irrelevant courses from your course history in your post - the reason why people are suggesting stuff like a tech degree is because you listed that you have taken tech courses (that are not going to transfer in to any Business degree).

Many of those tech courses are actually useful at some colleges. UMPI would accept them as general electives. Every degree at UMPI has at least 15 general elective credits to fulfill. What's irrelevant at one college is relevant at another.
I've finished Trigonometry on Aleks last week, and I encountered the same problem that I didn't receive a badge from Credly. I contacted with the support team from Credly since Aleks seemed to be unpleasant to help. Credly said it was because Aleks issued the badge with an incorrect email (It was exactly the email address that I put in the request form but without the first letter of my email).

I've just gave up talking with Aleks and use the wrong email address to register a new account for receiving the badge from Credly. I'm not sure if this helps you but maybe your problem with Aleks is similar to mine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transferring credits to WGU tundefak6@gmail.com 0 136 08-26-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: tundefak6@gmail.com
  75% of credits oram3189 5 1,184 02-15-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  CLEP and CompTIA credits for BS in CS students? nomaduser 4 818 10-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,546 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  More than 90 credits akr680 8 2,251 09-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Are 55 credits doable in 1 semester mohelena02 12 2,797 01-19-2022, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Does WGU transfer credits from Onlinedegree.com? Vle045 2 2,043 04-14-2021, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Sophia.org Transfer Credits? diamonds 10 3,573 11-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  Computer Science Where to Max Out Credits Before Enrolling at WGU diamonds 8 8,151 11-25-2020, 07:32 PM
Last Post: zilla
  GPA and Transferring Credits nosideedison 9 4,730 10-10-2020, 07:35 AM
Last Post: nosideedison