Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help Find UL History briefer than 15 weeks!
I'm trying to walk in March from COSC. I have to take an UL History and the 10-week Capstone. I'd like to take a Civil War course just 'cause there's so much study material available, but honestly, I'll take anything. I love history, so ANY course is fine.

The problem is I want to walk in March, but all the history courses are a full 15-week semester, ending in early May, which pushes my graduation back 3 months.

Any thoughts? :toetap::confused:
And...I think I can I think I can I think I can!!
nflight - you could always consider one of the many Adams State College independent study history courses here History Courses - Distance Learning - Extended Studies - Adams State College

I can't speak for the format or time required for the history courses, but my son knocked off Systems Analysis & Design in a little over a month.

Good luck whatever you decide!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Does it need to be a course? Excelsior offers UL test on "World Conflicts after 1900." I studied for 6 weeks before I felt confident enough to take the exam. Also, how about the UL exams with Dantes - Vietnam, Modern Middle East, Soviet Union and Civil War (considered LL at TESC but maybe UL at COSC).
Civil war dsst is ul at cosc . Specific feedback and ic is enough. It trqnscribes for a grade at cosc. CSU Pushkin has a course too, independant study, self paced sorta
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Colorado State U - Pueblo has these in the independent study / self-paced catalog:
HIST 311: United States Foreign Policy
HIST 414: The American Civil War

Brigham Young Independent Study has more than could be retyped.

Louisiana State University's Independent Study group has quite a few, too.

Those are my current bookmarked favorite places to check for my course hunting because they're billed at flat rates, regardless of location. If you look up "independent study" on your state schools, you can probably find some self-paced options for in-state tuition rates.
Geezer Wrote:nflight - you could always consider one of the many Adams State College independent study history courses here History Courses - Distance Learning - Extended Studies - Adams State College

I can't speak for the format or time required for the history courses, but my son knocked off Systems Analysis & Design in a little over a month.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Sweet. Thank you. I'll check it out.
Storyteller Wrote:Does it need to be a course? Excelsior offers UL test on "World Conflicts after 1900." I studied for 6 weeks before I felt confident enough to take the exam. Also, how about the UL exams with Dantes - Vietnam, Modern Middle East, Soviet Union and Civil War (considered LL at TESC but maybe UL at COSC).

Yes, it needs to be a class and not a test. But I'm leaning towards a Civil War class because there's so much testing material available, I feel like I'd be set up to win regardless of the instructor.

And BTW, I so luv your avatar! Too, too cute! Smile
rebel100 Wrote:Civil war dsst is ul at cosc . Specific feedback and ic is enough. It transcribes for a grade at cosc. CSU Pushkin has a course too, independant study, self paced sorta

Ok, good to know. I looked at CSU b/c they have a nice handshake relationship w/ COSC, but I didn't think about the Independent Studies- I was stuck on the online classes that I saw on the Dantes site, which were coming in at about $1k each. Uugh.

I'll check it out. Thank you!
mrs.b Wrote:Colorado State U - Pueblo has these in the independent study / self-paced catalog:
HIST 311: United States Foreign Policy
HIST 414: The American Civil War

Brigham Young Independent Study has more than could be retyped.

Louisiana State University's Independent Study group has quite a few, too.

Those are my current bookmarked favorite places to check for my course hunting because they're billed at flat rates, regardless of location. If you look up "independent study" on your state schools, you can probably find some self-paced options for in-state tuition rates.

Golden. Thanx, Ms B. I completely forgot about the MBY* options! :-)

*=My Back Yard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 504 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,136 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,264 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 620 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 644 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 568 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Is It Possible to Become Fluent in Chinese in Just 9 Weeks?? LevelUP 27 3,570 04-17-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 956 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,633 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 701 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore