Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Planning Next Steps - UoP to TESU?
This is very intersting. I look forward to hearing what they say!
For anyone interested, there's a good bit of info at the sister site here: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ity.57785/ (The thread was hijacked for a bit about the recognition of laurel wreaths in modern cultures, but overall a decent read)

A few accounts from some users who were in one of the first cohorts. It seems to be that the experiences are very positive. 

Key points:

Pros
Very small class sizes (2-5 students)
High-quality and very friendly instructors and staff
Reasonable time commitments
Variations of assignments (papers, projects, discussions, etc)
Other students are often international and include PhD holders and business professionals
RA Accredited

Cons
The program itself is not accredited - May be important for career goals
Small class sizes (limited discussion & interaction between students)
Limited chance for networking
Quote:Dear Oobidoob Benoobie,

We are contacting you from the Admissions Office of Hellenic American University.

Thank you for submitting your application for the MBA program of Hellenic American University, along with some of the required documents.

We confirm the safe receipt thereof.

Please be aware that to qualify for consideration for admission you also need to submit the following as well:

• An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university (in color version – upon graduation)

• Official transcript (in-color) of your bachelor’s degree (both now showing all the courses you have successfully completed up to now and upon graduation)

• A copy of your passport or driver’s license (in color version)

• A cover letter outlining the reasons you wish to join the program (approx. 150 words)

• Two (2) letters of recommendation for the Graduate Programs [Image: 0?ui=2&ik=295a3b3f84&attid=0.2&permmsgid...U&disp=emb]

• One e-photo of yours

Kindly be informed that, currently, new US students enrolling at our MBA through our Nashua, NH campus may benefit from the program’s promotional tuition amounting to 3,000 USD.

Should you be found eligible and decide to enroll, there will be a deposit you will need to make to secure your place about which you will be informed by our Student Serviced Coordinator.

Courses for the Spring 2025-I term start on February 3rd.

Based on what you have declared, you are moving towards the end of your undergraduate studies. Could you please let us know when you expect to graduate?

Should you wish to be accommodated for an earlier start (Fall 2024-I or Fall 2024-II) you could submit the official documents at your disposal up to now and seek conditional admission. The condition will be waived upon successful completion of your bachelor’s studies.  

Feel free to reach out us for any clarification or further information you may need.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment
Hellenic American University, Nashua, New Hampshire, USA

Got a reply from admissions. Sent some more questions for clarification.

Specifically asked about UoPeople and NA accredited degrees being accepted.  I'll post the responses here when I get a reply.
Update on the following questions I had asked:

Quote:1) Out of curiosity, is there a Spring 2025-II start date?

2) My undergraduate degree is a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the University of the People, a Nationally Accredited university accredited by DEAC which is a recognized accrediting body by the U.S. Department of Education. Does having a Nationally Accredited degree impact or restrict admission eligibility into the MBA program at Hellenic American University?

3) Is there a minimum undergraduate GPA for admission into the program?

4) Is the promotional tuition offered as a 'checkout' price for out-of-pocket expenses, or is it offered as a rebate for the full tuition cost?

5) Is the tuition to be paid upfront, or via installments? Is there any information you could provide as to why the promotional tuition is so remarkably low?

6) Are there requirements or stipulations of performance for the promotional tuition?

7) With 7-week terms, is it still possible to complete the program within 2 years while taking one course per term? Are all courses offered each term, or are some offered on an alternating schedule that may need to be planned for in advance?

Received an email today with the following:

Quote:Thank you for getting back to us and for providing answers to our questions.

To answer yours as well, kindly be informed that there is a Spring 2025-II term, the classes of which start on March 31, 2025.

Secondly, as per the University’s admission requirements for admission to a graduate program, an applicant must submit “An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a liberal arts or general education component, or an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, with at least a B (3.0) grade point average” regardless of whether the accreditation is regional or national.

Based on our Catalog, the minimum undergraduate GPA required for one to join our master programs is 3.00. In any case, please note that applications are reviewed in a holistic way to make sure all factors are taken into consideration for our candidates’ eligibility determination.

Please note that the promotional tuition fee of $3,000 USD will apply to all Fall 2024 applicants. The University occasionally offers U.S. candidates the opportunity to study with us at an affordable price. However, we want to stress that this promotional tuition fee is not guaranteed for applicants submitting their dossiers after Fall 2024, therefore the fees must be reconfirmed after you have graduated from your current school. Scholarships and/ or promotional offers are awarded by the University based on decisions made by the Higher Administration, which carefully determines the areas and priorities to support. These scholarships aim to recognize and foster academic excellence and extracurricular achievements in line with the institution's mission and values.

As far as payment plans are concerned, here are the 2 options our current students are provided with:

Tuition Payment Plan A.
$1500.00 due at registration. $1500.00 due 9 months later.
Tuition Payment Plan B.
$750.00 due at registration. $750.00 payable every 3 months thereafter.

Please bear in mind that students pursuing graduate degrees must maintain a GPA of 3.0 for all courses attended, complete a thesis, dissertation or capstone project and, depending on the program catalog in effect upon their admission, need to earn between 36 and 60 credits.

As per the Catalog, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to remain in good standing and to make satisfactory progress in their degree program. Any student whose cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 for 2 regular semesters will be placed on academic probation. Once the GPA again reaches 3.0, the student will be reclassified as being in “good standing”. If a student remains on academic probation for 2 semesters, he or she is subject to dismissal from the University. Scholarship students’ GPAs are subject to annual evaluation and University policy changes.

On a final note, as you might have seen, our MBA program consists of 12 courses, one of which will be your capstone. As regards your courseload distribution, you will have to coordinate with your mentor as you will most likely need to take more than one courses to graduate in time.

I hope you have been provided with answers to your questions, but please feel free to get back to us should you need any clarification or further information.

Kind regards,
Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment
Hellenic American University, Nashua, New Hampshire, USA

Looks to be that HAU will accept UoP and other NA degrees. Great news for me!

I'll be submitting my application and hope to be accepted at the discounted tuition rate. Hopefully, I can confirm and lock in enrollment for Spring. But I might be able to work an early start in Fall-II if it means securing the discount.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nukeme3's post:
  • allvia, Tedium
Very good news. I'm not surprised they accept it with the current US Dept of Ed accreditation stance on RA vs NA being equal. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ccreditors  And, as I said in my earlier post, HAU is at its core an international school with a small US RA Campus (they are used to dealing with degrees that aren't either US RA/NA).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Just an update on this:

I finally got my confirmation of acceptance into the HAU MBA program after a BSCS from UoPeople.

Hope this information might help someone in the future. I might journal the experience and share some thoughts once classes begin. The only other reviews I recall reading were dated several years ago on the sister site. If I journal the program I'll start a new thread in the Graduate Degree board and add a link here.

Thanks, everyone!
Completed
BS Computer Science - UoPeople 2024
AS Computer Science - UoPeople 2023

Current
MBA - Hellenic American University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC Bachelors Public Admin - City Planning is approved (CBE) bradm31 1 258 08-05-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 2,293 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 1,461 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 41,606 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,744 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,583 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Places to park electronics + computer PLA credits (BOG AAS + TESU AAS) xicovu 17 2,133 09-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: xicovu
  Workload at Excelsior & TESU clarissa23 4 1,349 06-15-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BACS v.s. SNHU BSCS npvn2 25 4,924 03-20-2022, 09:44 PM
Last Post: npvn2
  Colleges like TESU which allows enrolment of one year without obligation? FrHaseKopf 9 1,545 02-12-2022, 12:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore