Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request
Big Grin 
Hello all!

Does anyone happen to have a degree plan (one of those fantastic excel spreadsheets) for the BSCS at SHNU? I have a kiddo looking for this degree and he's def an online kid who needs a clear vision of what he's got to do and how much more of it until he finishes. 

More info on above mentioned kiddo - just graduated HS last week, no college courses under his belt yet. Lacks focus on things that don't interest him.

Thanks for any information in advance - It would be a huge help to find out what he can complete elsewhere and what this will cost me in the long run for this particular degree.

Thanks all!! Smile
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Here is the Wiki page for the SNHU BSCS degree - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...egree_Plan
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • suzycupcake
(06-24-2023, 11:19 AM)allvia Wrote: Here is the Wiki page for the SNHU BSCS degree - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...egree_Plan

Thanks! I did see this one and got a ton of info from it. Was selfishly hoping someone had an excel sheet made up like the one @defrecore gave me for my TESU BALS. That had formulas already in it, etc. Smile
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Don't forget to check out TESU's BACS. It's a bit cheaper than SNHU, but it requires slightly more effort to keep track of everything needed. It's also got slightly more leeway in what is and isn't accepted for the major.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • suzycupcake
(06-24-2023, 11:28 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Don't forget to check out TESU's BACS. It's a bit cheaper than SNHU, but it requires slightly more effort to keep track of everything needed. It's also got slightly more leeway in what is and isn't accepted for the major.

It's been a while since I've been to TESU and after I left I remember there being a rule where there was only 60 credits from a single source and it seemed to be a little murky on who they were actually partnering with. Has that become any more clear?

(I am a NJ resident so the per credit cost is $411. It seems to def be better to pay the residency waiver fee than to take 16 credits @ $411 each.)

This is a good point and TESU is familiar to me so I do like that. Hmmmm. OK so maybe I'd like to see a BACS degree plan now Smile

Thanks Rachel!
Started June 2022

You may also want to look further at the TESU option as you're in NJ, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid394653
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-24-2023, 12:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You may also want to look further at the TESU option as you're in NJ, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid394653

Thank you bjcheung!  You always provide goodies :Smile

When I read this, it makes me think we don't qualify because he's 18 and lives with us. I think that would be a dependent or does this come down to a tax question:

How do I determine my AGI?

For dependent students, only parent(s’)/guardian(s’) AGIs are considered, not the student’s income. For independent students, the AGI of the student and spouse, if applicable, is considered.
Started June 2022

(06-24-2023, 01:19 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 12:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You may also want to look further at the TESU option as you're in NJ, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid394653

When I read this, it makes me think we don't qualify because he's 18 and lives with us. I think that would be a dependent or does this come down to a tax question:

For dependent students, only parent(s’)/guardian(s’) AGIs are considered, not the student’s income. For independent students, the AGI of the student and spouse, if applicable, is considered.

According to the federal government, he's a dependent student when it comes to financial aid unless he's married, has a child, etc. He'll be dependent until he's 24 unless he gets married, has a child, etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • suzycupcake
(06-24-2023, 01:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 01:19 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:

According to the federal government, he's a dependent student when it comes to financial aid unless he's married, has a child, etc. He'll be dependent until he's 24 unless he gets married, has a child, etc.
Thank you so we don't qualify for this based on our incomes. Would have been amazing though!
Started June 2022

(06-24-2023, 11:56 AM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 11:28 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Don't forget to check out TESU's BACS. It's a bit cheaper than SNHU, but it requires slightly more effort to keep track of everything needed. It's also got slightly more leeway in what is and isn't accepted for the major.

It's been a while since I've been to TESU and after I left I remember there being a rule where there was only 60 credits from a single source and it seemed to be a little murky on who they were actually partnering with. Has that become any more clear?

(I am a NJ resident so the per credit cost is $411. It seems to def be better to pay the residency waiver fee than to take 16 credits @ $411 each.)

This is a good point and TESU is familiar to me so I do like that. Hmmmm. OK so maybe I'd like to see a BACS degree plan now Smile

Thanks Rachel!

For a TESU BACS, credit breakdown could be approximately as follows:
Or one can take just the capstone/cornerstone from TESU and either complete more XAMK credits or TECEPs to ensure at least 24 RA/RA-equivalent credits + 6 from capstone/cornerstone for a total of 30 RA/RA-equivalent credits.

Degree plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan
Gen Ed requirements here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 1,437 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 429 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,359 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,284 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 952 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,673 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 700 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,641 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  Using Guild for CS at SNHU Yoloangie40 17 1,768 09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SNHU vs UMPI? Duneranger 10 1,195 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Duneranger