Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan
I'm leaning towards getting my BA in psychology at TESU. I've already taken statistics. Will I need any other math courses?
You will also college math or algebra for the gen ed unless you already have a bachelors or associates filling in your gen ed requirements.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
Welcome to the board. It's usually better to give us an overview of what you have by filling in the addendum and template, it's much better than asking about one course at a time... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Basically, It really depends on what you already have and what is remaining on the degree, the info you provided doesn't indicate any other math you have taken, so you would need to complete the remaining general education requirements in addition to the requirements of the major.

Here's the link for the TESU BA Psychology, at the bottom, click the general education requirements link and create a spreadsheet based on both, link us to your one/google drive and make the file viewable and not editable, we'll comment on what is remaining for you degree. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Code:
Code:
[Location: Arkansas, USA
[Age: 28
[I've pretty much settled on the psychology degree at TESU since I plan on working with kids, but I just need any bachelors degree plus 24 Communicative Sciences & Disorders credits, as well as clinical hours to get my SLPA license for my state.

[Current Regional Accredited Credits:
Composition I, 3 credits, AComposition II, 3 credits, BUS History II, 3 credits, AWorld History I, 3 credits, BArt Appreciation, 3 credits, CComputer Info Processing, 3 credits, BIntroduction to Sociology, 3 credits, BElementary Statistical Methods, 4 credits,  A
*** If at all possible, I need to avoid taking another math class. I struggle with math, and the only reason I made an A in Statistics is I went to tutoring daily and my teacher was extremely generous with extra credit.Human Growth & Development, 3 credits, APrinciples of Management, 3 credits, DIntroduction to Psychology, 3 credits, D *(yes I know I need to retake it, I was 18 and didn't feel I needed to actually study to pass my classes....)No ACE, CLEP, or other alternative credits yet.

[I have a Registered Dental Assistant license and no military experience
I've merged your threads - You missed the addendum, it may be better to copy/paste and change the wording to your specific information instead... The more details the better we can help you as we'll get a bigger picture and overview of your specific situation.

(12-14-2023, 08:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I've merged your threads - You missed the addendum, it may be better to copy/paste and change the wording to your specific information instead... The more details the better we can help you as we'll get a bigger picture and overview of your specific situation.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I gave all info available.
(12-14-2023, 08:50 PM)amleigh Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 08:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I've merged your threads - You missed the addendum, it may be better to copy/paste and change the wording to your specific information instead... The more details the better we can help you as we'll get a bigger picture and overview of your specific situation.

Click the addendum and template link I have on post #3. Review the details in bold red, there are only 4 posts in that thread. I'm not sure why, but many people keep missing it even though it's in bold/red and part of the template...

(12-14-2023, 08:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 08:50 PM)amleigh Wrote:

Click the addendum and template link I have on post #3.  Review the details in bold red, there are only 4 posts in that thread.  I'm not sure why, but many people keep missing it even though it's in bold/red and part of the template...

Isn't it possible for you as a moderator to merge the addendum into the template so that people don't have find it in the fourth post? It's obvious that most people don't include it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Banner blindness: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banner_blindness
Degree seeking: I'm in the process of working towards obtaing my SLPA license for Texas. They require any bachelors degree along with 24 credit hours in Communicative Sciences and Disorders, 25 Observation hours and 25 clinical hours. The only degrees that I'll consider are Communicative Sciences & Disorders, Psychology, Child Psychology, Child Development, or Early Intervention 

Current regionally accredited credits:
SOUTH ARKANSAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE *Composition I, 3 credits, A
*Art Appreciation, 3 credits, C
*Computer Info Processing, 3 credits, B
*Introduction to Sociology, 3 credits, B
*Principles of Management, 3 credits, D
*Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits, D *(yes I know I need to retake it, I was 18 and didn't feel I needed to actually study to pass my classes....)

SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY 
Composition II, 3 credits, B
US History II, 3 credits, A
World History I, 3 credits, B

TEXARKANA COLLEGE
Elementary Statistical Methods, 4 credits, A
Human Growth & Development, 3 credits, A

Budget: I'm not rich, but I don't have a set budget. I'm willing to pay more for a faster option.

Commitments: I have a 5 year old, a husband, 2 cats and I work full time at a public school. I can work on my studies on weekends, and on seasonal school breaks.

Dedicated time to study: I can't set a specific amount of hours, it would vary based on the weeks and season. minimum 

Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  

Tuition assistance/reimbursement:  I have the Pell grant currently, but it's being applied to my courses at ENMU this next semester.

I'm open to competency based or Test out, but was leaning towards TESU because it seems quicker.
I struggle with all math subjects.
I am transferring to ENMU this next semester to start working towards my 24 CDIS credits needed and would like to obtain my BA separately.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 1,439 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 429 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,364 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,289 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,683 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 700 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,648 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,369 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,476 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Anyone have a backup plan for me? learningthehardway 16 1,549 06-19-2023, 07:14 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway