Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Transcripts
Uggghhh....okay, got it figured out. I never did get any transcripts from Pierpont. Nancy Parks finally figured it out and sent me the following. Hopefully someone else can benefit from my misery.

"Okay....I think I know what's going on.

If you got your BOG through Pierpont via other courses and credits earned elsewhere and have no actual Pierpont courses on your transcript, the system will not generate an official transcript. That's just how it works.

This has happened with another student who needed a transcript, and I was able to write a letter of explanation for him to share with his employer and future university. Let me know if that will suffice. If you took no Pierpont courses, this is all I can offer.

I'm sorry I didn't think about this detail earlier."
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 3 users Like quigongene's post:
  • Life_One, Tedium, Zippadeedoodah
Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry. It's good to know for all of us trying to get this degree though, and it does actually make sense, even if it's not helpful for your situation.

I hope the letter works for you.

Edit: Oh, wait. You wanted to use the AAS as a block transfer to WGU, right? That really sucks. I wonder how they'll end up handling the degree now.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - 
BAAS General Studies
BAAS Organizational Leadership 

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
When I did the BOG AAS through WVNCC (before they changed it to require 12cr residency), I transferred everything in but still got a transcript from them. So it's strange that Pierpont can't produce one, since I'm guessing they use the same system.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, Life_One
(07-26-2018, 11:58 PM)Tedium Wrote: Oh, wait. You wanted to use the AAS as a block transfer to WGU, right? That really sucks. I wonder how they'll end up handling the degree now.

I emailed my enrollment counselor at WGU to see what she has to say about it. More to come as I know more.
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Life_One
(07-26-2018, 07:56 PM)quigongene Wrote: Uggghhh....okay, got it figured out.  I never did get any transcripts from Pierpont.  Nancy Parks finally figured it out and sent me the following.  Hopefully someone else can benefit from my misery.

If you got your BOG through Pierpont via other courses and credits earned elsewhere and have no actual Pierpont courses on your transcript, the system will not generate an official transcript.  That's just how it works.

This has happened with another student who needed a transcript, and I was able to write a letter of explanation for him to share with his employer and future university.  Let me know if that will suffice.  If you took no Pierpont courses, this is all I can offer.

How can a RA school issue a degree without at the very least having a transcript that shows the transfers? Whatever you or they see internally should be able to be printed out on the official paper w/seal or whatever the format their traditional transcript would be. It doesn't make any sense to not have a transcript and yet they issued a degree?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • cookderosa, dfrecore, Life_One
(07-26-2018, 07:56 PM)quigongene Wrote: Uggghhh....okay, got it figured out. I never did get any transcripts from Pierpont. Nancy Parks finally figured it out and sent me the following. Hopefully someone else can benefit from my misery.

If you got your BOG through Pierpont via other courses and credits earned elsewhere and have no actual Pierpont courses on your transcript, the system will not generate an official transcript. That's just how it works.

This has happened with another student who needed a transcript, and I was able to write a letter of explanation for him to share with his employer and future university. Let me know if that will suffice. If you took no Pierpont courses, this is all I can offer.

Wow that DOES suck! No transcript?!?! I can see that causing about 100 problems in my son's life over the next 30 years.
I wonder if this would help (altho I wouldn't be happy about paying $640 for a 1 credit fluff class)...

Edit: dead link. Class Description:

HUSV 1101 - Exploring Career Opportunities
This is a one credit hour, interactive, distance learning survey "survival" course to explore possibilities and plan for career changes and updates. It is self-paced and intended to aid in developing or refreshing skills needed to launch or transition into a new career. Career resources will be explored and then applied to real-world experiences. This course should assist students seeking a new or renewed career path.
1.000 Credit hours
1.000 Lecture hours

Levels: Community College Level, Graduate, Undergraduate 4 Year
Schedule Types: Lecture, Online

School of Human Services Division
Dept of Human Services Department

Course Attributes:
Pierpont Owned

It sounds like taking a credit with them solves the problem, but do you even have time?

So, what the hell kind of system are they using. I assume TESU still spits out a transcript for people who tested completely out, right?

What is the utility of this if we can't actually use it when asked to prove that we earned it and did not just make up a degree in photoshop? I know as a hiring manager i've never asked to see proof of someone's education, but degrees don't really affect any of the positions at my hotel. You don't get raises or anything. Other places, with other people, it matters a lot more. Sad
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
BAAS General Studies

COMPLETED:
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • Life_One
This just cannot be correct. I would imagine there is a government rule with schools that receive funding that they HAVE to provide a transcript for a graduate of the school, as long as they don't owe money to the school.

I would push back (gently) on this, because it just CANNOT be right!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life_One
(07-27-2018, 02:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This just cannot be correct. I would imagine there is a government rule with schools that receive funding that they HAVE to provide a transcript for a graduate of the school, as long as they don't owe money to the school.

I would push back (gently) on this, because it just CANNOT be right!

Not saying it isn't worth it to try, but I wonder if they won't just make new residency requirements if we complain too much? I mean they get nothing from giving us these degrees, what's the incentive for them to overhaul their system on our account?

But on the flip side, this situation doesn't support the mission of the degree in the current state. Maybe they'll care more about that.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
BAAS General Studies

COMPLETED:
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Pierpont BOG Alternative? EWVCC Captainrekt000 10 610 10-12-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont timelines for 10/4 FeFe_Fiona 10 975 10-10-2024, 11:41 AM
  Pierpont Contacts - Please Do Not Spam Them tensen 21 6,242 10-06-2024, 03:39 AM
Last Post: bryceton
  Help with creating Pierpont account ArshveerCheema 1 222 10-03-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: any4yeardegree
  Pierpont Dual Enrollment Price Increase jg_nuy 0 213 10-02-2024, 06:32 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 30 2,868 10-01-2024, 11:09 AM
  Pierpont degree Holds delvin 1 299 09-30-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 40 3,266 09-27-2024, 11:17 AM
  Pierpont & Western Civ 1&2 Carnation 0 193 09-21-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 62 7,780 09-17-2024, 11:17 AM