Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster, where do I get the forms to approve my proctor?
rickyjo Wrote:I am so sorry I didn't see this question. I retract that statement, in fact, the opposite is true. I had just completed bombing my first exam when I wrote that and have gotten straight A's ever since in art. The music book was harder to navigate when you were taking the open book tests. I would consider them pretty similar in difficulty, only for me, art was a tiny bit easier because of the more usable index. I believe the book was smaller which makes the index smaller which makes it easier to find what you are looking for.

Thank you!! Could you also let me know if the Art has a proctored final or a final project or both?

Thanks!

Danielle
Turns out that recently the proctor has been dropped for both the art and music classes *yay!*
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
Just wanted to add

My final exams were returned in the green postage paid envelope on Monday, August 16th. The consumer behavior exam posted yesterday, August 23 and financial management today, August 24. Their processing timeframe is amazing. Penn Foster receives double thumbs up from me.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
rickyjo Wrote:Make sure they put two forms of ID on your transcript. Excelsior sent mine and my wife's back to PFC because they couldn't figure out which "emily *********" it was supposed to be associated with. Very frustrating.

Rickyjo, did you send your transcript direct from PF to EC? Just wondering because in another PF thread I thought you had mentioned only going through ACE and that it was Pass/Fail that way?

Bricabrac, did you have proctored tests for Financial Management and Consumer Behavior?

I just registered for the PF Music Appreciation and depending on how that goes I may checkout some other PF courses.

Thanks for the help!
Done:

Excelsior: Bachelor of Science Business
Associate Aviation Mx Tech CCAF
Associate Healthcare Management CCAF

CLEP: A&I Lit, Freshman College Comp, Info Sys and Comp Apps, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics
DSST: Management Information Systems, Intro to Law Enforcement, Intro to Computing, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Environment and Humanity, Organizational Behavior
EC: Info Lit, Internet Programming, Bus Law, Bus Ethics, Bus Strategy, Principles of Finance, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Ops Mgmt
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: A&P I, Accounting I, Accounting II, Bus Com, English Comp I, Microeconomics
SLU: Global Perspective, College Mathematics
BYU: Public Speaking
PF: Art App, Music App
FEMA PDS
73 Military
Total 194
Originally I did send it directly from PFC, I was going to try and convince them to take it raw because they seemed to know of it when I spoke to them before. It was just an attempt, when PFC failed to give the required information I gave up and just used ACE which has since successfully arrived at EC and been processed.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
mtbkr02 Wrote:Bricabrac, did you have proctored tests for Financial Management and Consumer Behavior?

Hi, Yes both courses had proctored finals.

Financial Management - 5 online quizzes (20q @) and proctored final.

Consumer Behavior - 5 online quizzes (20-25q @) and proctored final. Consumer behavior also has 4 discussion forum questions. You only need provide brief answers (4-5 sentences); you are not required to respond to other students. The DF's are not calculated in final grade, once submitted they are marked P/Pass.

I just ordered securities and investments and from what I can tell it's set up the same as consumer behavior - 5 quizzes, 4 DF's, proctored final. Just waiting for the books so I can get started!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Algebra no Proctor smilingtimes 11 3,785 09-04-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: QuickDegree223
  Science pre-reqs with No Proctor MeangreenMBA 2 797 06-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Proctor U (Proctor FU) with Coopersmith... still just as bad studyingfortests 11 2,251 05-22-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 613 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 3 1,347 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Davissio
  Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations okikuma 15 4,658 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Who doesn't use a proctor? videogamesrock 17 3,559 06-06-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Penn Foster Acquired Ashworth sanantone 2 1,629 09-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Penn Foster High School Transfer Credits TrailRunr 18 6,639 02-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Penn Foster HRM210 and Penn Foster discussion boards EI2HCB 2 3,223 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB