Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed US History Part I
I took US History Part I yesterday and passed with a 64. I used only InstantCert and Petersen's tests to study. I devoted an hour a day for about three weeks using the flash cards and taking an exam at the end of each week. Like most of you my Petersen score were low. For the three exams the highest I made was a 63/120. I was a little surprised when my exam came back with a score in the mid sixties since I wasn't that confident when I pressed the button to score the exam. I am taking US history Part II in about three weeks to finish my BSAST (my final 3 credits) at Edison and will report back. InstantCert is a terrific tool when combined with the Petersen tests. Make sure you review the test and read the discussions on every question you miss. This exam is not hard with the right preparation. Gerry
panther1 Wrote:I took US History Part I yesterday and passed with a 64. I used only InstantCert and Petersen's tests to study. I devoted an hour a day for about three weeks using the flash cards and taking an exam at the end of each week. Like most of you my Petersen score were low. For the three exams the highest I made was a 63/120. I was a little surprised when my exam came back with a score in the mid sixties since I wasn't that confident when I pressed the button to score the exam. I am taking US history Part II in about three weeks to finish my BSAST (my final 3 credits) at Edison and will report back. InstantCert is a terrific tool when combined with the Petersen tests. Make sure you review the test and read the discussions on every question you miss. This exam is not hard with the right preparation. Gerry

GREAT JOB and Congrats!!! Smile Can't wait to see you come back to post your success on History II!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Congratulations Panther1!!!!
Congratulations, Gerry!

CLEP US History I is my next exam. What what would you say was the major focus on the test? Also, do I need to know a lot of dates?

What I like to do right off the bat when I start the test is write down the major themes I need to recall. What would be the top things you would focus on?

Thanks for your help in advance and congratulations again!

P.S. I am studying from the CLEP guide and using Petersens for practice test. Is there any other study aid you might reccomened?
The REA books for U.S. History 1 and 2 cover the material well. The REA practice tests are good.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Rea rocks this test
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Congratulations cheersmate I took History as my first CLEP when I didn't know what CLEP's were...all my friends told me CLEPs are a breeze and that I shouldn't study...so I took a CLEP book to study from (not REA) and took the test without taking practice tests and failed with a 43... I wish I would have known b4 cuz otherwise i wouldn't have had to take Sociology
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
Congratulations!
I'd appreciate info you could pass along on this CLEP Test:-)
In reply to the questions concerning my exam specifics, my exam was well balanced over the full range of material. The question that seem to dominate was quotes. I had a number of questions that were quotes. I had not read any material that I could remember the passage from. These questions were challanging since they require you to know to topic of the quote and based on the material to select the individual who made it. These questions require you to know the historic event and depending on the choice of speakers to select the correct answer by knowing the politics of the likely individual. The exam was very Petersen like requiring you to often select the exception from a group of possible correct answers. Hope this helps. Gerry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 504 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Shocked The Secret of Why You Will NEVER Get Into an Ivy League School Part 2 LevelUP 10 1,317 06-27-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,697 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,136 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,264 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 620 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 644 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 568 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 1,171 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,626 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore