Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options for Texas Government?
Has anyone taken Texas Government - GOVT 2306 - at a school other than TAMUC? I applied for a self-paced course at Central Texas College and am just wondering how long it takes. I have vacations and such I need to be able to schedule around. I will be taking the Fall 2 semester off to go on vacation and I'm looking at the CTC dates to try and work it in. Thanks!

In other news, I have struggled getting interviews for jobs I was more than qualified for, like many of you have. I went ahead and updated my resume with an Education section, where I listed my upcoming bachelor's with an expected Spring 2025 completion. I got interviewed and hired for a dream job within three weeks. So, you may go ahead and try it yourself if you have jobs you want to apply for! You know, a resume only has one job - to get you that interview!

Wes
[-] The following 1 user Likes westex93's post:
  • jg_nuy
From the Wiki:
West Texas A&M Texas Government - POSC 2306C American State and Local Government
https://www.wtamu.edu/academics/extended...index.html
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • staceydiane
(4 hours ago)jg_nuy Wrote: From the Wiki:
West Texas A&M Texas Government - POSC 2306C American State and Local Government
https://www.wtamu.edu/academics/extended...index.html

Thanks. I see a lot of people recommending WTAMU as an easy course but it's also more expensive at $699. May be worth it, but CTC is $390 if my research is true. Mostly wondering how long these courses are generally taking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes westex93's post:
  • staceydiane
Depends where you're going to get the class from, you can review the classes available at the community college or another university, within their catalog of classes available, it'll show the class dates/times. If it's a semester or an accelerated class or not, etc... What did it say for CTC that was going for $390 or so?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If I was able to complete the TX govt from TAMUC, then you can too!!
The first Learning Objective is the hardest. The problem with this class is that all of the tests are timed, and the reading material is all over the place. You have to do the writing prompts that were given to you in the pre test before you start the tests at the end of each learning objective. With the writing assignments complete for the learning objective you can search through the reading material "CTRL F" is your friend. Use this to help you find information for the multiple choice questions on the Learning Objectives.
You could also take all of the reading material and copy paste it to one document for easier CTRL F searching.

When I started TX govt I was ready to quit and just take the class at the local community college. After I got past Learning Objective 1, things got better (yes the class layout sucked) and I was able to power my way through it.

If a 40 something year old who took their last college college class in the late 90's could finish this class, you can be successful too.

This is one of the hardest (because of the poor layout) classes for the CBE program at TAMUC. If you can finish this, you CAN finish this degree.

If you are stuck in this class, send me a PM and let me know where you are stuck.

Completed:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
SJC AAS Automotive Technology
[-] The following 3 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • jg_nuy, staceydiane, txc1500
(2 hours ago)ltw900rr Wrote: If I was able to complete the TX govt from TAMUC, then you can too!!
The first Learning Objective is the hardest. The problem with this class is that all of the tests are timed, and the reading material is all over the place. You have to do the writing prompts that were given to you in the pre test before you start the tests at the end of each learning objective. With the writing assignments complete for the learning objective you can search through the reading material "CTRL F" is your friend. Use this to help you find information for the multiple choice questions on the Learning Objectives.
You could also take all of the reading material and copy paste it to one document for easier CTRL F searching.

When I started TX govt I was ready to quit and just take the class at the local community college. After I got past Learning Objective 1, things got better (yes the class layout sucked) and I was able to power my way through it.

If a 40 something year old who took their last college college class in the late 90's could finish this class, you can be successful too.

This is one of the hardest (because of the poor layout) classes for the CBE program at TAMUC. If you can finish this, you CAN finish this degree.

If you are stuck in this class, send me a PM and let me know where you are stuck.

I 100% agree; it also doesn't financially make sense to me for someone to pay about 70% of what a session costs at TAMUC for only one class. At least at TAMUC, you will complete two courses in one session. I know we are all mostly looking to quickly complete coursework, but university classes are meant to be challenging to effectively demonstrate the subject's competency. I took Texas Government in a traditional university format when I was attending another university full time, and it was an entire semester-long course, but I had no issues completing it.
Texas A&M University-Commerce: M.S. Organization, Learning, and Technologies '25
Texas A&M University-Commerce: BAAS Organizational Leadership, Summa Cum Laude 
Universidad Internacional Isabel I De Castilla/ENEB-MBA Master of Business Administration
Pierpont Community and Technical College: AAS BOG, AOE Criminal Justice 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elon Musk is opening a Montessori school in Texas this fall Charles Fout 22 1,709 08-09-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,077 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 431 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 896 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 2,593 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South Texas College - CBE Programs bjcheung77 13 3,157 11-27-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BYU Pathway Worldwide - Ensign College (BYU-I Partnership Undergrad Options) bjcheung77 2 1,355 08-29-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pathophysiology options? allvia 12 2,465 08-24-2022, 07:40 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Has anyone taken PSC 223 - American Government at Olivet? Insert Name 3 817 05-29-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Biochemistry options? allvia 13 2,297 05-13-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: allvia