Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online accounting classes - can you help?
I don't know the ins and outs of accounting but Penn Foster has a handful of courses in Acct. that are ACE approved and should transfer without any problem. They are under $300/course and usually include books. PF courses aren't generally considered to be particularly difficult. ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

Older thread that indicates equivalency: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...ncies.html

I don't know the value (maybe not much), but one might even work out an undergrad certificate with PF on the way...https://www.pennfoster.edu/programs-and-...ertificate
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Thanks, rebel. It looks like PF only has Cost Accounting of the three I need, but all that info might be useful to someone else.
sarg123 Wrote:It sounds like a good deal, but getting transcripts is always a pain :confused:

If you don't need these courses as upper level, Oakton Community College is around the same price, and has excellent ratings on their accounting classes... just a thought.

Also, as Synicaal mentioned earlier, if you buy the Wiley access for the course, it includes an e-book, so if you're ok with only an electronic copy, it could be cheaper.

Thanks, will look into that. I don't think they need to be UL, but I'd have to confirm that with Liberty.

An e-book is actually better for me since I live in Germany and it would be difficult to resell (it took two years to sell my Intermediate Accouting text for peanuts).

EDIT: Looks like Oakton is 136 per cr hr so it could come down to the cost of books.
Yenisei Wrote:Thanks, will look into that. I don't think they need to be UL, but I'd have to confirm that with Liberty.

An e-book is actually better for me since I live in Germany and it would be difficult to resell (it took two years to sell my Intermediate Accouting text for peanuts).

EDIT: Looks like Oakton is 136 per cr hr so it could come down to the cost of books.

It cost me 140 for code/book for intermediate accounting II and that is generally a more expensive book. Just to give you a benchmark
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Found another online acc course provider here. and here. A list of their acc courses at https://www.efficientlearning.com/una/courses/

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2396&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2397&stc=1]

I'm not in NY, so it seems like a good choice...? Seems like good accreditation, good price...am I missing anything?

I haven't heard back from tesu yet whether they accept it. My state's cpa reqs say they'll accept it if tesu does.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">c.JPG (Size: 58.81 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">c2.JPG (Size: 94.45 KB / Downloads: 0)
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Thanks for posting this.

Looks like a good option for those who are looking for "real" upper level accounting credits!
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
Hey Sarg, I am also an Acct student (136 hours completed, no online though). I do have a quick piece of advice for you. Check with the particular state you are hoping to get your CPA license in for special requirements. For example in Texas where I am hoping to get licensed, there is a minimum of 15 upper level credits that must be in a face-to-face format (not online). Also make sure whichever program(s) you choose are accredited by the state board in the state you are hoping to get licensed in- these requirements do vary from state to state. Best of luck to you!
Glenn10 Wrote:Hey Sarg, I am also an Acct student (136 hours completed, no online though). I do have a quick piece of advice for you. Check with the particular state you are hoping to get your CPA license in for special requirements. For example in Texas where I am hoping to get licensed, there is a minimum of 15 upper level credits that must be in a face-to-face format (not online). Also make sure whichever program(s) you choose are accredited by the state board in the state you are hoping to get licensed in- these requirements do vary from state to state. Best of luck to you!

Thanks, appreciate the advice. I'm in NJ, so if I finish with TESU, I'm good! The requirements here (as of July 1), are 24 accounting credits, and 24 business credits; there are no problems with online classes.

Thanks for the info. though! I'm sure this would help others looking at my thread!
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
keepsingin Wrote:Found another online acc course provider here. and here. A list of their acc courses at https://www.efficientlearning.com/una/courses/

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2396&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2397&stc=1]

I'm not in NY, so it seems like a good choice...? Seems like good accreditation, good price...am I missing anything?

I haven't heard back from tesu yet whether they accept it. My state's cpa reqs say they'll accept it if tesu does.

Looks wonderful will definitely look into it. How do I find out if they are Ok in Arizona?
Collegelady2 Wrote:Looks wonderful will definitely look into it. How do I find out if they are Ok in Arizona?

Contact the Arizona state board.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 351 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,742 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,721 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,038 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 7,010 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 569 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,654 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 347 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,348 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 754 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen