Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Credit Search Is a NIGHTMARE
Hello all. I'm new here but have referred to these boards many times for info. In fact, this is where I first learned of the BOG AAS from Pierpont, and for that I'm grateful to everyone who has posted such helpful info here. I have 93 credit hours from Saylor, Sophia, Straighterline and some NCCRS credits from Onlinedegree.com as well. I am so ready to get the one credit transferred to Pierpont but cannot seem to find a cheap and efficient way to do so. I've contacted dozens of community colleges and universities that are $200 or less per credit hour, only to find that ALL of them either use Canvas and require 16 weeks of instruction/lessons (regardless if it's one credit or three) OR they don't offer a one credit course at all. Does anyone know of ANY one credit course that can be completed quickly (on demand/self paced) that's a couple of hundred bucks? I know about TEL but I've already taken most of those courses and they seem really long and drawn out. The Clackamas library course takes eleven weeks and takes a couple more months to even get enrolled. I contacted ASU and their $25 credit is actually $425 due to the fee for transcript.  I really just need a single credit course that I can start and finish soon for a reasonable price. Any ideas would be so appreciated!
My goodness, what a nightmare that has been resolved in a flash, you're overthinking things and rushing, take your time my friend...Now that nightmare has become a dream come true! Turn that frown upside down and jump for joy like I've posted before... As I mentioned in this thread, it's not Halloween, you really need to take your time on the forums to read the post, threads, WIKI to the T and not skip the info. In this thread, it'll mention to you what you have missed... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...o-Pierpont
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • HeatherCO
Thank you for the reply. I have indeed taken my time reading all posts here and also read (again) the one that you posted a link to. I'm unsure what you're referring to in terms of my issue being "resolved." There isn't any new information in the link you posted. It definitely doesn't provide any new suggestions about where to find a cheap one credit course. The ASU course is not $25 + $15 transcript fee. I contacted them and it is $25 + $400 if you want it in a transcript.  What colleges, universities, or other sources for credit transfer to Pierpont do you see in the link you posted? As far as taking more time to complete courses, I just don't have more time. I suffer from severe health issues (which unfortunatley will be fatal and have kept me bedridden for a couple of years.) Getting a degree is on my bucket list and is very important to me. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my post.
(01-19-2024, 03:32 PM)writergirlLA Wrote: The ASU course is not $25 + $15 transcript fee. I contacted them and it is $25 + $400 if you want it in a transcript.

Most ASU Universal Learner courses are $25 + $400, with the specific exception of the one-credit course CIS 194 Business Technology Fundamentals. Under "Quick Facts" it shows that the course is $25 + $0, unlike the other Universal Learner courses that show $25 + $400. It's possible you spoke with someone at ASU unfamiliar with CIS 194. (It's also possible they just now increased the price but failed to update the web page.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • lynnii2, rachel83az, ss20ts
I do see where it says the cost is "$25 + $0" but in multiple emails specifically asking about that, I'm still being told (as of about two minutes ago) that isn't correct and the $400 will still be required. The person who replied to me insists that was some kind of promotion that has expired. May I should take the course, request the transcript and just see what happens.

Well, after a dozen emails and sending a screenshot of the ASU website (saying the $25 fee is correct) I finally got it settled. I began emailing them about this months ago and would've had the Pierpont degree nearly a year ago, if not for mistakes by ASU staff. You would think they'd know people were taking this course without the requirement of the $400 fee, but apparently not. Thanks so very much for your help!
[-] The following 1 user Likes writergirlLA's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Thus, you should be listening to senior members on the board (or moderators), not sales staff from the institution themselves..
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Darknigh7, indigoshuffle, ss20ts
Here is the link. As a person who just took this is August of last year, and graduated from Pierpont in December, I can absolutely tell you this is the correct course.

https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-tech...s-cis-194/

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
In Progress: Western Governors University, B.S.B.A. - Management
Completed: Pierpont Community & Technical College, Board of Governors AAS - Dec, 2023
Completed: Getting Talent Back To Work, SHRM Foundation, July 2021
Completed: Google Project Management Certificate, Coursera, August 2023
Completed: Managing Social and Human Capital, Coursera, July 2021
Completed: Project Management Essentials Certified (PMEC), Management & Strategy Institute, July 2021
Completed: Certified Radio Marketing Professional, Radio Advertising Bureau, May 2006
I found that "promotion": https://ea.asu.edu/certificates/google-it-cert/

Section "How it works": Step 4, "Get Academic Credit": "The first course, Business Technology Fundamentals, has the fee waived!"

Also a comment from the support page on that course: "Once completed and as this is a 1 credit course, you will need to wait about 2 weeks before you can convert to credit", so do not expect to get it very fast.
(01-19-2024, 01:31 PM)writergirlLA Wrote: Hello all. I'm new here but have referred to these boards many times for info. In fact, this is where I first learned of the BOG AAS from Pierpont, and for that I'm grateful to everyone who has posted such helpful info here. I have 93 credit hours from Saylor, Sophia, Straighterline and some NCCRS credits from Onlinedegree.com as well. I am so ready to get the one credit transferred to Pierpont but cannot seem to find a cheap and efficient way to do so. I've contacted dozens of community colleges and universities that are $200 or less per credit hour, only to find that ALL of them either use Canvas and require 16 weeks of instruction/lessons (regardless if it's one credit or three) OR they don't offer a one credit course at all. Does anyone know of ANY one credit course that can be completed quickly (on demand/self paced) that's a couple of hundred bucks? I know about TEL but I've already taken most of those courses and they seem really long and drawn out. The Clackamas library course takes eleven weeks and takes a couple more months to even get enrolled. I contacted ASU and their $25 credit is actually $425 due to the fee for transcript.  I really just need a single credit course that I can start and finish soon for a reasonable price. Any ideas would be so appreciated!

make sure you read through the wiki very carefully and go off of that.
My daughter took the course a couple months ago and it cost her $25 plus a $15? transcript fee to Parchment I think. At worst you aren't risking much time or money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coastline.edu California associates ACE credit? danyfondue10 1 156 10-10-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BOG credit requirements Tb13 6 666 09-20-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Tb13
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 626 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 12 2,192 04-29-2024, 07:22 PM
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 926 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
  What are the steps to transfer Arizona University credit to Pierpont Avidreader 21 2,764 01-19-2024, 04:54 PM
  Pierpont credit for certification? maebak2skl 8 913 01-19-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: maebak2skl
  Pierpont RA credit requirement Carnation 15 2,348 06-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Outlier : Associate (GGU) or Credit Course (Uni Pittsburgh) tuckerarabi786 33 4,435 01-08-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: tuckerarabi786
  Pierpont as Credit Bank? eriehiker 6 1,849 06-17-2022, 11:56 AM
Last Post: utility