Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! I'm going to Harvard University! FREE!
Oops, April 1 was last week... crap! I'm a bit late! These are Edx courses in partnership with Harvard.
Anyways, I'll leave you guys some FREE Harvard classes! (most of them are 3-7 up to 12/13 weeks long).
These are NOT for credit but are great for PLA and portfolio credit if you have experience.

Here is the catalog, if you go further down the search results, it'll bring up PAID courses.
The paid ones are roughly $160 up to $2800/course, so I would skip those, the Freebies are great!
Link: https://online-learning.harvard.edu/catalog
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • DearG, harrypotter
(04-10-2020, 12:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oops, April 1 was last week... crap! I'm a bit late! These are Edx courses in partnership with Harvard.
Anyways, I'll leave you guys some FREE Harvard classes! (most of them are 3-7 up to 12/13 weeks long).
These are NOT for credit but are great for PLA and portfolio credit if you have experience.

Here is the catalog, if you go further down the search results, it'll bring up PAID courses.
The paid ones are roughly $160 up to $2800/course, so I would skip those, the Freebies are great!
Link: https://online-learning.harvard.edu/catalog

Good info
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

https://online-learning.harvard.edu/seri...ta-science

This is very interesting. They are offering this professional certificate in data science. The nine courses are free and offer verified certificates. The overall certificate seems to be $442.

This seems to be Harvard's answer to the MITx Micromasters programs. I would think that this certificate would be challenging and take some effort to complete. You would end up with a Harvard certificate for a very nice price.

I think that there are other certificate programs as well.
Yup, they've dropped the pricing to the Professional Certificates from multiple colleges/universities. All of them have a drop in price from $50 to $100 discount or maybe even more, these are not for credit, but still very useful for those who want to PLA or do a portfolio for credit at the undergraduate or graduate level. Very tempting indeed, several MOOC have these type of certificates, it's very good for those who want to start getting into the industries... Link: https://www.edx.org/professional-certificate

Nice find on Harvard. So how does PLA work? You take a bunch of free courses and put it together?
Here are some free Harvard courses.                           https://online-learning.harvard.edu/tren...6jzqNavNMQ
 https://online-learning.harvard.edu/tren...6jzqNavNMQ
OMG! We're both going to Harvard! FREE! I still haven't picked my classes yet...
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...rsity-FREE?

Hmm, I missed this post until I was looking for the Free Harvard courses! Anyways, the PLA/Portfolio is exactly that, you take courses and/or document the learning experiences that provided you knowledge gained from similar learning in a classroom setting. Essentially, you put in a portfolio of everything and submit it to your school for evaluation. It's a lengthy process and worth it for UL credits that are hard to find...

(04-10-2020, 07:52 PM)eriehiker Wrote: The nine courses are free and offer verified certificates.  The overall certificate seems to be $442.

So in order to be awarded the professional certificate you'll need to pay for all 9 verified certificates? It's weird how the overall certificate cost is $442 but if you pay for 9 verified certificates it's $441 ($49 x 9).
(04-21-2020, 02:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, I missed this post until I was looking for the Free Harvard courses!  Anyways, the PLA/Portfolio is exactly that, you take courses and/or document the learning experiences that provided you knowledge gained from similar learning in a classroom setting.  Essentially, you put in a portfolio of everything and submit it to your school for evaluation.  It's a lengthy process and worth it for UL credits that are hard to find...

Which schools would offer portfolio credit in computer science/statistics for a data science certificate?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,482 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,509 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 327 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,747 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,771 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,948 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 748 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,314 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,769 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 406 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader