Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EIMT Doctorate Program reputation
I am wondering if anyone has any familiarity with European Institute of Management and Technology which is accredited by the International Association for Quality Assurance in Pre-Tertiary & Higher Education (QAHE) and seems like a dubious accrediting agency. I was contacted by an Indian customer Service Representative and would call me repeatedly without leaving a message. This practice along of using an unrecognized accrediting agency seems kind of sketchy and a common practice that reputable university would use? It seems similar to the Monarch Business School in Switzerland and slightly sketchy.

EducationSeeker
Skip them, QAHE doesn't have any recognition anywhere in the US even though they're a registered company in Delaware... It just means they're a business, that's all they are, trying to fake it with other non-accredited (not even state recognized) institutions that can be done by having a mailing address and a website. Again, skip them in favor of something else that has been mentioned in the grad forum or in the sister board.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dr_Chirp, kai1120
(11-24-2023, 05:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Skip them, QAHE doesn't have any recognition anywhere in the US even though they're a registered company in Delaware... It just means they're a business, that's all they are, trying to fake it with other non-accredited (not even state recognized) institutions that can be done by having a mailing address and a website.  Again, skip them in favor of something else that has been mentioned in the grad forum or in the sister board.

@bjcheung7

Thanks for the tip. I figured it was a similar set up like Monarch Business School with a questionable accreditation agency in Switzerland. Their business practices are a little sketchy like calling multiple times and not leaving a message, the Black Friday scholarship (half off $15k), and the hard sell practices didn't sit well with me. These business practices are kind of sleazy and give the university a bad reputation. It doesn't help that the person I was speaking with had a very thick accent and I could hardly understand her. They have "closers" to register

I am looking Edgewood College or South College at the DBA options or potentially a European University like Clermont University in France which is $11k USD a year for 3 years and also has a potential scholarship that brings it down to about $8k USD a year for an AACSB accredited degree that is all online. Also, I am looking at AMA Online in the Philippines as their cost is only about $2-4K USD.

Thanks,

EducationSeeker

EducationSeeker
Cool, the other options would probably work... You just need to research them more to see if it fits your goals.

It's a diploma mill and quite a new one might i add. Established in 21.10.2022. By an Indian National which i might add he does not list himself any where on the EIMT webpage.. could be the whole thing is a one man show. And no, the institute does not hold any Swiss Accreditation or is in any kind of possession.

Very bold of him to quote " EIMT is fully authorized to offer higher education courses, organize examinations, and issue degrees in line with the provisions of the Office circular titled “Validity of degrees issued by private higher education institutions in Switzerland” issued by the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research EAER, Switzerland and State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI, Einsteinstrasse 2, CH-3003 Bern, dated December 2017."
- He got the name of the file right but the file states if you are not in possession of the government approval your degrees are not part of the Swiss educational system. And that means you can not award ECTS. All you can do is print a paper which they call "private degrees".

Further more (in the document) you can only use said "private degrees" in non regulated professions, also your credits will not be recognised by the Swiss educational system should you wish to continue education, you can not list them under education in CV. The employer should he wish can take it up on him self to make a judgment should he wish to recognise gained qualifications. Any derailment from said perametars you could be liabel for credential fraud.

But that was before 2023. Now the government did decide to put a stop to this, hence why IMD even for something like MBA decided to get the recogniton.
(11-24-2023, 09:20 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @bjcheung7

Thanks for the tip. I figured it was a similar set up like Monarch Business School with a questionable accreditation agency in Switzerland. Their business practices are a little sketchy like calling multiple times and not leaving a message, the Black Friday scholarship (half off $15k), and the hard sell practices didn't sit well with me. These business practices are kind of sleazy and give the university a bad reputation. It doesn't help that the person I was speaking with had a very thick accent and I could hardly understand her. They have "closers" to register

I am looking Edgewood College or South College at the DBA options or potentially a European University like Clermont University in France which is $11k USD a year for 3 years and also has a potential scholarship that brings it down to about $8k USD a year for an AACSB accredited degree that is all online. Also, I am looking at AMA Online in the Philippines as their cost is only about $2-4K USD.

Thanks,

EducationSeeker

EducationSeeker

Consider DBA by Guglielmo Marconi University, which delivered by Eaton Business School. Cost around $13-14k.
(11-24-2023, 12:45 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: I am wondering if anyone has any familiarity with European Institute of Management and Technology which is accredited by the International Association for Quality Assurance in Pre-Tertiary & Higher Education (QAHE) and seems like a dubious accrediting agency. I was contacted by an Indian customer Service Representative and would call me repeatedly without leaving a message. This practice along of using an unrecognized accrediting agency seems kind of sketchy and a common practice that reputable university would use? It seems similar to the Monarch Business School in Switzerland and slightly sketchy.

EducationSeeker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zug

--- 
I AM ALSO CONFUSED EITHER REAL OR FAKE UNIVERSITY. 

I saw in Wikipedia about EIMT and looks like it is genuine and authentic degree. Can you please suggest me if I am wrong?  EIMT is accredited to DRPF .. Diplomatic Research and Policy Foundation (DRPF)  (https://drpf.edu.mk/)...   I HAVE REALLY DOUBT ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION TOO... JUST WONDERING IF IT IS REAL OR FAKE... 

Tertiary education
Canton Zug has two high schools: the Canton High School in the town of Zug, and the Cantonal School in Menzingen. Also at higher secondary level, is the Vocational School Zug and the Business Studies School, incorporated within the Canton School. Zug is one of the university cantons, with, on the one hand, the University of Teacher Training, PHZ Zug, on the other, a polytechnic for financial services.
There are also six technical colleges (for business, computer science, engineering design, naturopathy and homeopathy, child education, and rescue services).
in 2022 the European Institute of Management and Technology (EIMT) has been duly established in the Canton of Zug, Switzerland as a Business, Management and Technology Tertiary education school offering bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees, through online, onsite or hybrid mediums and through other schools worldwide under the aegis of the laws, regulations and authorities of Switzerland. The European Institute of Management and Technology has been granted Accreditation for two years by the Diplomatic Research and Policy Foundation (DRPF). Diplomatic Research and Policy Foundation is a prestigious Intergovernmental Organization a Government recognized Accreditation Agency founded by Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Macedonia and Ministry of Diaspora, Republic of Albania. The same s now graced by the presence of Ministry of Labour and Social Service, Government of Kosovo.
@basaula2000, Please read my post #2... It explains the info you're looking for... Maybe a second read is in order to clear the confusion.

(11-24-2023, 12:45 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: I am wondering if anyone has any familiarity with European Institute of Management and Technology which is accredited by the International Association for Quality Assurance in Pre-Tertiary & Higher Education (QAHE) and seems like a dubious accrediting agency. I was contacted by an Indian customer Service Representative and would call me repeatedly without leaving a message. This practice along of using an unrecognized accrediting agency seems kind of sketchy and a common practice that reputable university would use? It seems similar to the Monarch Business School in Switzerland and slightly sketchy.

EducationSeeker

Yes I have had the same experience, checking the physical address of the building in Switzerland on Google Earth shows a plain small building, no signs out front showing it as a University, completely a scam by Indians calling incessantly out of Singapore, lots of pressure to pay the 2k nomination fee without any promise of being accepted etc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MIT doctorate without a bachelors degree Robson 2 426 08-17-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Any All-But-Dissertation (ABD) Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D./Ph.D.) programs? PositiveSoul 13 3,015 08-16-2024, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  Doctorate or no? jb111 18 2,133 07-20-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  PhD program requirement conundrum - Publication route Sarit1046 6 521 07-16-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Sarit1046
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 34 3,237 06-19-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Doctorate in Ed? VintageGirl85 4 698 06-06-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  $15000 Doctorate NA ashkir 141 21,824 05-29-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Choosing the Right PhD Program Education / Hospitality (online) Frost87b3 5 566 04-24-2024, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Frost87b3
  Comptency based Doctor of Science program Randomkud1234 5 860 04-20-2024, 05:06 PM
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 4 2,447 04-07-2024, 10:55 PM