Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DSST (2008 version)
motuterry Wrote:Sorry to be dense here. Specifically which Dsst tests have changed? Which ones still receive a grade score at Excelsior?

Thanks

I posted a list (from the DSST website) of exams that have recently been updated. See if that is what you need. The title was:

DSST New Content

Hope that helps.

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
I think DSST/Prometric really dropped the ball on this. I just got back from my testing location, and between what I heard there and what i've read here, a lot of people have gone in this week and failed exams because they were preparing for a different test with what is now insufficient material. It appears that a date for this change was not available to testing centers either. I'm just glad I found out so I could take a different exam. Judging by the most recent post in the dsst ethics thread, I don't think I will ever be taking this new version.
[SIZE="1"]Passed CLEPs

Introductory Sociology, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Introductory Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Introductory Business Law[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed DSSTs

Management Information Systems, Introduction to Computing, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Introduction to Business, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Foundations of Education, Fundamentals of Counseling, Business Law II, Environment and Humanity[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed ECEs

Ethics: Theory & Practice, Human Resource Management[/SIZE]
categ Wrote:I posted a list (from the DSST website) of exams that have recently been updated. See if that is what you need. The title was:

DSST New Content

Hope that helps.
Thanks. That's what I needed.
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][B][SIZE="2"]How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]
What does it mean that the revised DSSTs are not graded? This doesn't sound good.
It just means that you will not receive a letter grade. If you pass it will just say that you passed reguardless of how well you did. You will receive credit for it but it will not help your gpa.
The following DSST exams have a new 2008 revised version. I was thinking about taking the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Exam (now Substance Abuse). I think I know of at least one testing center that only has the paper version they never made the transition to computer based testing. I am going to give them a call soon to see if they have this test, if they have it then I am taking it asap.

Substance Abuse
Introduction to Computing
Ethics in America
Criminal Justice
Personal Finance
Management Information Systems
Here’s to Your Health
Fundamentals of College Algebra
Principles of Statistics
Introduction to World Religions
Don G. -Atlanta, GA
A.S. Liberal Arts , Excelsior College,3/2007
B.S. Business, Excelsior College,"On the Way"

"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will"
--Dr. Robert Anthony
I checked out the new DSST Technical Datasheet. On page two it lists all the exams, including the new ones at the top, with the pass score and B-level score. If you look at the last page, it shows the A-level score for all the old exams, including the retired ones that have been replaced by the new 3-digit score exams. There is no A-level score for the new exams.

So it seems there is enough data to give students a C or a B with the new exams, but not an A. I bet that is why EC went to pass/fail for the new ones. I wonder if they will ever bother to figure out an A-level score for the new ones.
Master of Management, Cambridge College, 2011. 4.00 GPA.
BS in Business Administration, Charter Oak State College, 2009. 75 semester credits earned by exam, 45 in the classroom. 3.91 GPA.
AS in General Studies, City University of Seattle, 1999. 50 quarter hours earned by exam, 40 in the classroom. 3.95 GPA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 186 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 516 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Which essay sounds better? ChatGPT A or a Paraphrased version B? bjcheung77 5 1,019 08-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,098 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,378 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,445 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 2,002 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,266 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,521 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com
  Score of 300 dsst natshar 5 1,851 03-05-2020, 12:23 PM