Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DSST (2008 version)
A few people seem to be confirming this, and from what I can tell the older version of the 10 or so tests that were updated for 2008 are now gone. If anyone heads to a testing center maybe you could confirm this?

The significance: the new version does not earn a graded credit at Excelsior, and may have slightly different content (can't confirm, I haven't taken them).

I managed to study hard and pass a few of these before they were sent to the place where old tests go to die. Hopefully some of you did the same.
Joe

Excelsior BSB Aug 21, 2009
I took MIS on 9/2 and only the revised version was available.
Does anyone know which ones have changed? My daughter is studying for World Populations and Foundations of Gereontology.

Thanks,

Sidney
Yeah, when I log in I can't see the old tests anymore. They must have just ended them today. I am not happy at all about this because I had ethics scheduled for this Friday and I am now stuck with a different test that is not graded. I may just have to cancel and take the ECE instead. It would have been nice if they had posted a date on their website when this was going to happen...
[SIZE="1"]Passed CLEPs

Introductory Sociology, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Introductory Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Introductory Business Law[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed DSSTs

Management Information Systems, Introduction to Computing, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Introduction to Business, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Foundations of Education, Fundamentals of Counseling, Business Law II, Environment and Humanity[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed ECEs

Ethics: Theory & Practice, Human Resource Management[/SIZE]
This seriously sucks. I was going to take Intro Computing and Statistics for (hopefully) two easy A's, but am going to have to scramble to find substitute online community college courses since fall semester's already begun. Although I have to pay a little more for the classes, what with texts, etc., I think it's worth the benefit to my GPA.

Oh well, you hit bumps along the way, but don't give up, right? Now I have to see if I can still take advantage of my DSST appointment to take the next exam I have to take: Financial Accounting :eek:

Helen
Excelsior BS Business - summa cum laude
Conferral Date: August 20, 2010
74 credits from classes
48 credits from testing out
dharmachic Wrote:This seriously sucks. I was going to take Intro Computing and Statistics for (hopefully) two easy A's, but am going to have to scramble to find substitute online community college courses since fall semester's already begun. Although I have to pay a little more for the classes, what with texts, etc., I think it's worth the benefit to my GPA.

Oh well, you hit bumps along the way, but don't give up, right? Now I have to see if I can still take advantage of my DSST appointment to take the next exam I have to take: Financial Accounting :eek:

Helen

There are still a number of DSST's out there that are graded.

Not sure where you are in your degree plan, but maybe substitute some of these for CLEPs?
Joe

Excelsior BSB Aug 21, 2009
My basic strategy is to raise my GPA for graduate school purposes (and to make up for a lousy freshman year back when I had my head up my a** and had no idea what I was doing). So my order of preference to get the most letter grades is: DSST, community college classes, and then CLEPS, since EC only gives P/F for those. I know it'll take me longer to get my degree that way, but I'm not in a huge rush to finish.

But who knows? Maybe by next year, you'll find me tearing what's left of my hair out, saying, "Enough's enough!" and CLEPping my way on a fast track. Big Grin

Helen
Excelsior BS Business - summa cum laude
Conferral Date: August 20, 2010
74 credits from classes
48 credits from testing out
dharmachic Wrote:My basic strategy is to raise my GPA for graduate school purposes (and to make up for a lousy freshman year back when I had my head up my a** and had no idea what I was doing)

Thats my plan as well, and for the same reason pretty much...

Kind of OT, but can anyone tell me if I were to go beyond the 120 credits excelsior requires to graduate, would those extra credits still be counted in the "final gpa" for the degree? I may need to do a couple extra DSSTs that are still graded to boost my gpa as much as possible.
[SIZE="1"]Passed CLEPs

Introductory Sociology, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Introductory Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Introductory Business Law[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed DSSTs

Management Information Systems, Introduction to Computing, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Introduction to Business, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Foundations of Education, Fundamentals of Counseling, Business Law II, Environment and Humanity[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed ECEs

Ethics: Theory & Practice, Human Resource Management[/SIZE]
:mad: I took the Substance Abuse DSST yesterday 9-4-08. It is the new revised version of Drug and Alcohol Abuse. I have to say, I do not like this new format. I failed the test scoring a 396 not meeting the minimum requirement of 400. Now that being said, the exam was probably the easiest exam I have ever taken. I finished the 95 questions in 30 minutes and reviewed for another 15 minutes before submitting my answers. I have never been more deflated by an exam as I was with this one. I did note some exam material that was not in the IC flashcards so some other study material is needed for this new exam. Also I took an exam last month and saw that the old version was available so i planned to take D&AA but when i arrived yesterday they no longer offered the old version of any of the exams.

Just something for you all to be aware of. I personally have no intentions of taking another DSST because of this change. I need 6 credits to graduate and I think I can get what I need from CLEP here on out. Sad
Sorry to be dense here. Specifically which Dsst tests have changed? Which ones still receive a grade score at Excelsior?

Thanks
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][B][SIZE="2"]How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 186 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 516 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Which essay sounds better? ChatGPT A or a Paraphrased version B? bjcheung77 5 1,020 08-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,098 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,379 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,445 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 2,002 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,266 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,521 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com
  Score of 300 dsst natshar 5 1,852 03-05-2020, 12:23 PM