Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help deciding how to start TESU/COSC
I want to do an associate's degree, I am looking for the most cost-effective way to go about doing this relatively quickly.

I am looking at doing as much as possible through Saylor, CLEP/DSST etc.

I have a ton of IT knowledge so I'm sure I can cruize through AS, Computer and Information Technology pretty easily but I have a few questions, it looks like I can do up to 75% (45 credits for the 60) leaving 15 Credits to do at the college?

Since I'm assuming the capstone is required and it's only 3 credits what are the remaining 12 credits that cannot be done outside of the college?
Which of the two is more cost-effective when going this route, I'm a little confused on how the pricing works when transferring credits?
Do TECEPS fall under the credit limit or can I still Test out the remaining credits?

any other insight or guides would be greatly appreciated.
Why do you want an Associate's degree? The fastest, easiest, and cheapest would be the Associate degree would be through Pierpont. Otherwise, the cost for JUST an Associate's degree is pretty prohibitive - especially when compared to a Bachelor's degree. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/As...7s_Degrees
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-17-2021, 03:54 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Why do you want an Associate's degree? The fastest, easiest, and cheapest would be the Associate degree would be through Pierpont. Otherwise, the cost for JUST an Associate's degree is pretty prohibitive - especially when compared to a Bachelor's degree. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/As...7s_Degrees

I need college credits for a military packet, I figured going for the degree looks a whole lot better than the bare minimum credits required.
I'm, not 100% sure what I am going to do but I figured a bachelor's would probably take a little too long for the timeline I'm trying to achieve.
You're in the military? Good choice for either of the Big 3! Tuition is much cheaper and TECEPS/PLA will count towards the 30 RA credits needed and also the 16 credit residency requirement. My suggestion is, find your degree you're wanting, add the Associates but focus on the Bachelors. I suggest TESU, you need to take 8 LL TECEPS at $150 each and take the cornerstone/capstone at $250/credit.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you're 20 or older, you can get a Bachelor's from UMPI in roughly the same time that it would take you to get an Associate's from COSC or TESU.

If you're younger than 20, getting a Bachelor's at TESU or COSC wouldn't take that much longer than getting an Associate's degree because both require RA credit. COSC would be a General Studies degree or a BSBA. TESU, you could get a Comp Sci degree or a BSBA Computer Information Systems (or something else, but you did mention IT/comp sci, so those would probably be the fastest/easiest).
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(06-17-2021, 06:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You're in the military? Good choice for either of the Big 3!  Tuition is much cheaper and TECEPS/PLA will count towards the 30 RA credits needed and also the 16 credit residency requirement.  My suggestion is, find your degree you're wanting, add the Associates but focus on the Bachelors.  I suggest TESU, you need to take 8 LL TECEPS at $150 each and take the cornerstone/capstone at $250/credit.

Not in yet, I need the degree first.
In that case, I would go after the Pierpont degree if you're old enough and then get a TESU degree as soon as you're active military.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(06-17-2021, 06:08 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're 20 or older, you can get a Bachelor's from UMPI in roughly the same time that it would take you to get an Associate's from COSC or TESU.

If you're younger than 20, getting a Bachelor's at TESU or COSC wouldn't take that much longer than getting an Associate's degree because both require RA credit. COSC would be a General Studies degree or a BSBA. TESU, you could get a Comp Sci degree or a BSBA Computer Information Systems (or something else, but you did mention IT/comp sci, so those would probably be the fastest/easiest).

I saw UMPI though it didn't have a ton of info at first glance it seemed to be a fair bit more expensive than the others, I will have a closer look though.
(06-17-2021, 07:16 PM)axelsnoski Wrote: I saw UMPI though it didn't have a ton of info at first glance it seemed to be a fair bit more expensive than the others, I will have a closer look though.

It's actually a fair bit cheaper than the others, except TESU w/ military discount. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
rachel83az Wrote:In that case, I would go after the Pierpont degree if you're old enough and then get a TESU degree as soon as you're active military.

If you currently have some credits at the college level, 12 RA credits minimum... This is also my recommendation, you can get the remaining of your courses needed at Sophia.org - in fact, do as many Sophia.org courses that can be completed for both the Associates at Pierpont and also towards the Bachelors!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BA PSY xBless 10 422 09-18-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 408 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Help - Math Credits for TESU Frederico.Sandoval 2 179 08-21-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Frederico.Sandoval
  Please advise on my next classes for a TESU BSc kt320 2 228 08-19-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: kt320
  Planning a BA in Communications from TESU NJgirl 13 1,349 08-14-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BA in Computer Science, help with planning and advice Whiskazo 8 854 07-16-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: davewill
  It's Time for My Son to Enroll at TESU. Is He on the Right Track? Rachel84in 8 629 06-28-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  TESU BSBA OPM elective options promise22 4 356 06-26-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Where to even start, as an int'll student? cookernetes 2 384 06-03-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Associates TESU homeschoolmom1 0 226 05-21-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1