Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help please..
I am close to getting a Master of Psychology. I have a plan on pursuing my PhD in Psychology.

My question is, what kind of jobs can I get without licensure? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought licensure was only needed if a psychologist was going to work independently and start their own practice. But what if I want to simply go work for somebody else?

Excluding psychology jobs in organizational development, what jobs require the licensure and what jobs don't?

Thanks in advance!
rameces Wrote:I am close to getting a Master of Psychology. I have a plan on pursuing my PhD in Psychology.

My question is, what kind of jobs can I get without licensure? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought licensure was only needed if a psychologist was going to work independently and start their own practice. But what if I want to simply go work for somebody else?

Excluding psychology jobs in organizational development, what jobs require the licensure and what jobs don't?

Thanks in advance!
You need license for all positions in the psychology field. From lpc, to phd cadc to mft from lsw to msw, get my drift. Anything else will not allow you to charge any insurance plans. Now without license you can work in probation, parole, case management etc.
hope this helps.
By the way. PHD programs need to be apa accredited.
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling