Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need guidance for BOG AAS with transfer to UMPI to carry on to MOAL
Hackingat40 Wrote:Unfortunately I have no option in the portal to do so should I email Nancy to start the process?

Email Nancy as the last step!  I suggest this path - Pierpont BOG > UMPI BAS > UMPI MAOL... You can quickly apply to both Pierpont and UMPI and send the transcripts in while you complete the remaining credits needed for UMPI BLS (you can change to BAS after conferral of Pierpont BOG AAS).

Heck, if you wanted an additional cheapies/freebies, you can get the Coursera, TEEX, classes that grant ACE credit and also complete a Cert. You can add an addition UMPI AALS into your degree plan as a secondary program and 'forget it' as all the credits you take for the BAS/BLS will go towards that degree.

The need 2 learn Wrote:I applied on the day of the deadline after spending the entire week before trying to get a response from the three main contacts listed on this forum. Yesterday, I received a reply stating that I should try for the December conferral. If you read the school website, it does mention that you can apply for graduation after the deadline, but your information may not be included on the printed graduation papers. Not entirely sure what that means, though.

REQUEST THE APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION from Mrs. Parks. As the feature in the portal doesn't allow you to apply.

Pierpont BOG AAS, 1 RA, 60+ Alternative Credits, transfer credits into degree
1) Sophia.org - 15 Gen Ed, 15 credits (Computer/IT or another emphasis)
2) ASU 1 RA + Coursera/Google/TEEX - 40+ ACE credits, 60+ total
3) Apply Pierpont & Transfer credits (skip other CC, RA credits for now)

**Apply to UMPI before Pierpont BOG AAS confers, you'll know where your credits go!**

UMPI BAS 120 credits - Reuse 60+ from Pierpont BOG AAS
1) When waiting for Pierpont conferral, Apply to UMPI BLS, send ASU, ACE, all other transcripts
2) UMPI change to BAS when accepted, add AALS freebie and forget it
3) Complete remaining residency credits (10 UMPI classes for 30 credits)
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(06-14-2024, 10:25 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Hackingat40 Wrote:Unfortunately I have no option in the portal to do so should I email Nancy to start the process?

Email Nancy as the last step!  I suggest this path - Pierpont BOG > UMPI BAS > UMPI MAOL... You can quickly apply to both Pierpont and UMPI and send the transcripts in while you complete the remaining credits needed for UMPI BLS (you can change to BAS after conferral of Pierpont BOG AAS).

Heck, if you wanted an additional cheapies/freebies, you can get the Coursera, TEEX, classes that grant ACE credit and also complete a Cert. You can add an addition UMPI AALS into your degree plan as a secondary program and 'forget it' as all the credits you take for the BAS/BLS will go towards that degree.

The need 2 learn Wrote:I applied on the day of the deadline after spending the entire week before trying to get a response from the three main contacts listed on this forum. Yesterday, I received a reply stating that I should try for the December conferral. If you read the school website, it does mention that you can apply for graduation after the deadline, but your information may not be included on the printed graduation papers. Not entirely sure what that means, though.

REQUEST THE APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION from Mrs. Parks. As the feature in the portal doesn't allow you to apply.

Pierpont BOG AAS, 1 RA, 60+ Alternative Credits, transfer credits into degree
1) Sophia.org - 15 Gen Ed, 15 credits (Computer/IT or another emphasis)
2) ASU 1 RA + Coursera/Google/TEEX - 40+ ACE credits, 60+ total
3) Apply Pierpont & Transfer credits (skip other CC, RA credits for now)

**Apply to UMPI before Pierpont BOG AAS confers, you'll know where your credits go!**

UMPI BAS 120 credits - Reuse 60+ from Pierpont BOG AAS
1) When waiting for Pierpont conferral, Apply to UMPI BLS, send ASU, ACE, all other transcripts
2) UMPI change to BAS when accepted, add AALS freebie and forget it
3) Complete remaining residency credits (10 UMPI classes for 30 credits)

So its been 1 week since i requested application to graduate from pierpont. I have not seen anything come through yet. 

I have completed a good amount of sophia courses so far in the mean time as well as having all google professional certs from coursera. 

Attached is a quick copy of my plan. I you could review and provide any info on what classes to proceed with immediately to keep going that would be great. 

I too am wondering should I continue to knock out a few more Sophia courses in the mean time until Pierpont gets back to me or could I apply to UMPI now for winter sessions and submit all I have now for evaluation to sum up what else I can take off campus online using sophia and study.com due to the fact I am curious if they will accept my transfer in from Kent state for my English courses 1 and 2 I took there. 

Thanks!
In short, keep accumulating ACE credits, if you have a Sophia.org membership going, then continue on with the credits until you hit at least a total of 90+ credits using Coursera, Sophia.org, TEEX, etc, you can also apply to UMPI as per my instructions above. Again: **Apply to UMPI before Pierpont BOG AAS confers, you'll know where your credits go!**

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Hackingat40
(06-19-2024, 06:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In short, keep accumulating ACE credits, if you have a Sophia.org membership going, then continue on with the credits until you hit at least a total of 90+ credits using Coursera, Sophia.org, TEEX, etc, you can also apply to UMPI as per my instructions above.  Again: **Apply to UMPI before Pierpont BOG AAS confers, you'll know where your credits go!**

I am a current 117 credits submitted to Pierpont and approved. I have 5 more classes at Sophia I would like to finish towards the UMPI BAS that you suggested to me earlier. My question is Can I apply to UMPI now, transfer all my credits over now to see what gets approved, then later on transfer in the other credits I am working on so I can know what else I should take vis Sophia or Study.com to bring me to the minimum 10 courses at UMPI. Or does UMPI just let you send in transfer credits 1 time. 

I think I am stuck getting the BOG in the December round could I start UMPI process but choose to start my BAS in January 2025 or can I start working on it in fall?

Thanks!
Easy really, don't over think things, as UMPI allows you to transfer in credit (anytime with permission from advisor), you follow through with what I mentioned twice, don't deviate from the steps above, review the line ending/starting with "**".  So, in short, you apply, send all transcripts, and for remaining Sophia.org transfers to UMPI, do them all in one batch from Credly.  Don't send one course at a time to Credly and then to UMPI.

Basically, you want to apply and send it all at once as per the dates for Fall 2 Term, I would make sure all have been completed (app, doc, confirmation) BEFORE the application deadline as you don't want to fall through the cracks as some have, use the other dates as reference, such as completing the registration/tuition BEFORE or ON the confirmation date, you want to be 'two weeks' ahead just in case something happens...

TERM Fall 2
APP DEADLINE 09/20/24
DOCUMENT DEADLINE 09/27/24
CONFIRMATION DEADLINE 10/04/24
REGISTRATION DEADLINE 10/22/24
TUITION DEADLINE 10/24/24
START DATE 10/28/24
CLASS END DATE 12/20/24
TERM LENGTH 8 weeks

Get this, as per the steps and dates mentioned above, your Pierpont BOG AAS will be conferred first week of December.  You send that info to UMPI to change the program to BAS and complete the remaining UMPI classes by Dec 20.  You get your Pierpont diploma shipped end of Jan and your UMPI diploma a month after if you get everything done in 1 session.  That's your one-two punch without any extra work, it's a very easy and smooth transition from BOG AAS to UMPI BAS...  Don't think of obstacles as obstacles, I think of obstacles as opportunities to get extra ROI/Value and to personalize the learning for the individual.

[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Hackingat40, jackstrike

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,793 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
Question Guidance Requested - Degree Planning Help bandito_crispeta 12 950 07-08-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: bandito_crispeta
  Pierpont to UMPI - When to apply? nyrsimon 8 658 06-19-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  Pierpont BOG IS concentration to UMPI BAS with minors LevelUP 39 13,034 05-15-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 12 2,192 04-29-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 1,554 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  What are the steps to transfer Arizona University credit to Pierpont Avidreader 21 2,765 01-19-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Big FYI re: Pierpont-to-WGU block transfer raekwon 4 889 01-17-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Pierpont BOG AAS Transfer Warning mariobros1985 6 1,544 06-03-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Pierpont AAS to UMPI HBCIRCA14 3 754 05-27-2023, 10:09 PM
Last Post: HBCIRCA14