Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Music Classes
I am trying to earn credit for some music classes. I want to go to TESC. Does anyone know of any online music classes? Like Theory or Music History? Any thing you know or advice you could give would be great.

Thanks,
~*~ Rachel~*~
To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ec. 3:1

CLEP:
College Mathematics(6)--score 60
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature(6)--score 66
English Composition(6)--score 50
US History I(3)--score 63
US History II(3)--score 67
American Government(3)--score 59
Social Sciences and History(6)--score 58

DSST:
Introduction to Computing(3)--score 440
Management Information Systems(3)UL--score 406

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!
There's the AP Exam for Music Theory in May but I'm sure there is a Music Appreciation class probably available at TESC.
You might want to check your local JC or CC. I was able to take a Music Fundamentals class online at mine over the summer and it had a couple other music courses to choose from. Since then mine has pretty much cut most of the arts department Tongue but it still has music! Just what I've done Smile
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
I'm taking an online, Fundamentals of Music (music theory) course right now at my local CC and they also offer Music Appreciation online. TESC has 11 music courses.
Although smaller colleges offer online courses in a variety of subjects, they generally don't have much information to use to figure out if you want to take a particular course from a particular instructor. The really large colleges with tens of thousands of students have plenty of information available at Rate My Professors | Find and rate your professor, campus and more - RateMyProfessors.com and Professor ratings, average GPA, class schedule & degree tools | MyEdu.

When using ratemyprofessors, don't focus only on the easiness rating. The clarity rating is also important. If an instructor is crystal clear, you can probably make an A because you know exactly what you have to do - it just might take more effort. Reading student comments requires critical thinking. If a student comment has a lot of bad grammar and misspelled words and the comment says the instructor is unfair or hard, discount (or ignore) the comment. The student comments are helpful in determining if the instructor's style is compatible with your strengths. If you don't like to write and the student comments say there is a lot of writing, keep looking for a better match.

The value in myedu is in seeing what grades the instructor gave. This information comes from public records and myedu compiles it and provides it in graphical form. I've seen average GPAs for a given instructor and course range from 1.5 - 3.7.

Another way to pick instructors is to take a very long term view. At a school you've been admitted to, during early registration, keep checking to see what instructors have no openings early in the registration process. The really good instructors may have full classes on the first day of registration. It may not help you for the current semester to know you missed out, but it tells you to register really early for the next semester to get the right instructor.

Eventually you run out of tests and you have to take courses at a college or university. If you apply the same diligence to course selection that you did for credit by examination, you can have a great educational experience.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
[SIZE="3"]Penn Foster College[/SIZE]

Penn Foster College - Associate and Bachelor's College Degrees

HUM104 - Music Appreciation (ACE REVIEWED [SIZE="4"][B]*
[/SIZE])

Appreciating music; roles of composer and listener; principles of music theory and instrumentation; historical periods; varying styles of music.
· (3 Credits) Total price: $285.00

[SIZE="3"]LSU – Independent Study Course[/SIZE]

LSU Independent and Distance Learning

MUS 1751 - Music Appreciation
Version: W[/B]

I took the LSU course a few years ago and if given the chance again would have take the PFC course now.

[SIZE="4"]*[/SIZE] Accepted at Excelsior College
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
sanantone Wrote:I'm taking an online, Fundamentals of Music (music theory) course right now at my local CC and they also offer Music Appreciation online. TESC has 11 music courses.

What 11 music courses are they? Could you send me a link?
US History I- 74
Western Civ I- 63
A&I Lit- 74
American Lit.- 77
English Lit. 74
Humanities 77
Information Systems and Computer applications 61
US History 2- 72
Social Sciences-67
Natural Sciences- 54
College Composition- 59
College Math- 67
Macro 56
Micro 62
Western Civ 2 68
Management 62
Marketing 68
Intro Psych 68
Ed Psych 64
Human Growth & Development 54
Sociology 58
BYU has a few, scroll down to Music:

BYU Independent Study - Online Courses
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I'm not sure if you're familiar with this, but Verity Institute (through ATI, Bill Gothard, iblp.com) offers some distance learning correspondence courses. You would have to PLA them, which is why I'm rather wary. Verity is basically like a coaching service, kindof like collegeplus, with an intensive Christian influence. I'm hoping to PLA the pedagogy course which I took this spring. It is definitely worth 3 credits, extremely intensive.

I talked to someone who is a student at Verity going for a music degree through TESC (that's where Verity has all their students get their degrees I think). She recommended CLEPing out of general ed, taking Verity's music courses, and then enrolling in TESC to finish. But, that would be a lot of PLA, and she doesn't have to worry about that since Verity takes care of that end for her.

kimberose Wrote:I'm not sure if you're familiar with this, but Verity Institute (through ATI, Bill Gothard, iblp.com) offers some distance learning correspondence courses. You would have to PLA them, which is why I'm rather wary. Verity is basically like a coaching service, kindof like collegeplus, with an intensive Christian influence. I'm hoping to PLA the pedagogy course which I took this spring. It is definitely worth 3 credits, extremely intensive.

I talked to someone who is a student at Verity going for a music degree through TESC (that's where Verity has all their students get their degrees I think). She recommended CLEPing out of general ed, taking Verity's music courses, and then enrolling in TESC to finish. But, that would be a lot of PLA, and she doesn't have to worry about that since Verity takes care of that end for her.

Opps, the link,

Verity Institute | Vocational Training | NoteWorthy Music
US History I- 74
Western Civ I- 63
A&I Lit- 74
American Lit.- 77
English Lit. 74
Humanities 77
Information Systems and Computer applications 61
US History 2- 72
Social Sciences-67
Natural Sciences- 54
College Composition- 59
College Math- 67
Macro 56
Micro 62
Western Civ 2 68
Management 62
Marketing 68
Intro Psych 68
Ed Psych 64
Human Growth & Development 54
Sociology 58
Just came across these and remembered someone was looking for music classes online.

CSU Online Plus - Undergraduate Courses | Online | Distance - Colorado State University
Next Goal - MS in Pharmacy, Major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic Science via University of Florida
BSAST Health Services Technology 2012
AA General Ed 2012
AAS Medical Laboratory Technician HCC 1994

Straighterline Courses
English Comp I
A&P II
Medical Terminology
Intro to Biology
Statistics
Managerial Accounting
Earned 127, currently enrolled at TESC working on last 6 credits in order to graduate by 6/2012!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any leads on cheap-ish studio art classes? RachelB 6 612 05-13-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 915 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
  PowerBi Classes ashkir 0 728 01-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  onlinedegree.com free classes? ece2001biz 6 1,394 01-20-2023, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Any cheap of free Physical Education classes out there? mdel210201 4 1,159 09-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Free Non Credit Italian Classes from Wellesley College lisarox 1 687 09-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Abandoned Hymns Bring New Life to Our Christian Worship Music from Olivet University jacobmark 0 547 08-26-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: jacobmark
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 3,241 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  ACE credit for culinary classes on Sur la Table Vle045 4 1,106 06-24-2021, 10:34 AM
  Spanish classes - Study.com bjcheung77 1 963 05-17-2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: rachel83az