Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need More Advice...
This is my current plan of attacking my education goals, id like some input, plus I have a few questions.

I will be getting Associates in Account at AMU firstly the follow is what I have remaining on my degree and how it will be done.

Straighterline:
English I
English II
College Algebra
Psychology
Accounting I
Accounting II
Macroeconomics
**I am taking so many because it’s all I can do while deployed.

CLEP:
World Lit/American lit/English lit (which is easiest/enjoyable?)
American Government
Geography
Sociology
Basics of Business

AMU:
Human Sexuality

I am also going to Excelsior and plan to put Straighterline to excelsior then to AMU. Has anyone tried this and how did it go?

Next, I have a Bachelor in Business Admin. with a con. of Finance from Excelsior.

Straighterline:
English I
English II
Psychology
Macroeconomics
Pre-Calculus
Business Statistics
College Algebra
Medical Terminology
Accounting I
Accounting II
Managerial Accounting

CLEP:
Sociology
American Government
Humanities
College Math
Analyzing and interoperating Literature
Intro to Business Law
Intro to Computing
Into to Business
Principles of Mgmt.
Principles of Marketing
Financial Mgmt

Excelsior Exams:
Organizational Behaviors
Labor Relations
Human Resource Mgmt
Ethics

Excelsior:
Production and Operations Mgmt
Business Policy
Advanced Financial Management
Financial Markets and Institutions
Securitas analysis
and 18 more credits in finance/business electives

Any mistakes or suggestions please correct or advise.

My goal is to be done in 2 years time. (My EAS from USMC) Then go back home to Texas and get my Masters in Finance from A&M or UT.
Would this be possible? Also, if I am just getting a master in finance, would I need to transfer all my credit over or would they just look at my degree and I would start on the masters program? I would like to get a master in finance from A&m then a PhD in Finance from UT later down the road. I do that because A&m offers a master in finance and UT does not. And UT offers a PhD in finance and A&m does not.

To me this plan sounds crazy because I am a bit overwhelmed and need some advice.
:confused: :nopity:
Take a look at some of the TECEP exams for finance, the Money & Banking DSST and UL finance classes from Adams State College, Empire State College or Columbia College if they will cost less than and Excelsior courses (at least do a price comparison).

For Ops Management, look into Colorado State Pueblo or the TECEP exam.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting into an MS Finance programs with a bachelor's in finance, but check into A&M and UT admissions requirements for those programs.

My sister has a PhD in biochemistry from A&M, so I think you can't go wrong with a degree from there.
Swtiching my acutal classes for exams would work great but since im not paying for any of my actual college im not too worried about the cost. TA covers most of my tuition now, then I have the GI bill to fall back on if I need to while im still in. THEN when i get out all state schools are free tuition for verterans. (TEXAS)

Will A&M take my degree and then I would complete the masters program with them or would I have to transfer all my credits and then do the masters?
As I said, check their admissions requirements for that specific program, but if I were a betting man, I'd wager that you would have to take the GMAT and get letters of recommendation, but I can't imagine that you would have a problem getting admitted with your BSBA from Excelsior- with one caveat: you may need more of a math background than the Excelsior degree requires.

Even if it would not cost you more to take the Excelsior courses (something I doubt, TBH), classes are a lot more work than testing out- especially those classes with discussion boards and papers.
At excelsior, does the straighterline course accounting II cover Managerial Accounting?
If it does, what can managerial accounting go towards?
Also, What is the easiest straighterline courses to complete?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 540 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 1,015 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 3,071 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,710 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,420 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,597 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 933 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 1,124 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too 2L8 25 6,976 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Alpha
Star TESU or WGU? Advice needed, Ground 0, want to be as realistic as possible! OP88 15 5,570 05-29-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: OP88